Thread titleFromLast replied
Now searching...
Neoseeker Forums » » » My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic » need help for styling hair on toys » Post Reply

Toggle Pony Sprites: ON | OFF

Toggle Ponytars: ON | OFF

Note to Guests: Welcome! Have you taken a second to read the forum Guidelines first yet? Please do so!Announcement: The Guidelines have been updated for clarification as to what is and isn't acceptable, particularly in regards to pictures and video.
REPLY TO A THREAD
Name:* Members, please LOGIN before posting
Email: We use this to display your Gravatar

Sign in with
Subject:*

HTML is not allowed
markup is allowed

Help with markup tags

Enabling Buttons in IE7

Smilies:
  ·all smilies here
:) :P ;) :( :| ;( :D :confused: :cool: :# :o ^_^ :colored: :thick:

hideOriginal Post

Dec 02, 12 at 11:15pmMr Gamerboy

so i have decided that with some amazon money, i will be getting a vinyl scratch figure. however, i suddenly realized that said figure is a standard hasbro figure (from the favorite collection)
so now, i am kind of panicking. i have never styled anything before. i have looked at many styling guides on the internet, but they're all very confusing. i'm hoping that i can find a way to trim the hair without cutting or heating it. does anyone have any suggestions?
TL;DR: please give tips for styling hair on toy.
-ben

Thread Recap (last 10 posts from newest to oldest)

Dec 04, 12 at 1:39pm
Mr Gamerboy

quote Giga Bowser
I just got some show-accurate toys that are all plastic (See Gallery)
ah right, i forgot about those. i actually have the 3-figure set that you have, along with a crystal applejack and crystal twilight sparkle.
anyway, hasbro has also made the standard G4 'playful ponies' line with molded manes. they're only included in a gift set that's like $20, and it only comes with twilight sparkle, pinkie pie, spike, and celestia, so i'm not sure if it's too good of a deal.

Dec 04, 12 at 8:50am
Giga Bowser

I just got some show-accurate toys that are all plastic (See Gallery)

Dec 04, 12 at 6:12am
hiigaran

i remember EqD reporting once that maccas had them, but only in a certain country. i dont remember if it was australia or america, though.

swedish pinkie only has one baloon on her ass

Dec 04, 12 at 5:29am
Short Circuit

Show-accurate? None of the toys I've seen have been show-accurate. They all look like the old-gen ponies, with the gigantic snouts.

Dec 04, 12 at 4:53am
hiigaran

ahh, mcdonalds had those, didnt they? or were they not the show accurate ones?

Dec 04, 12 at 3:42am
Short Circuit

quote Mr Gamerboy
quote hiigaran
plastic mane ftw!

honestly, having a plastic body, then a mane and tail that can be styled just seems so...off.
exactly, that's why i think that it would be great if hasbro could sell ponies with pre-molded manes. i'd be willing to pay at least $10 per pony
I thought that they already make collectible figures without the brushable manes for bronies. With the manes the same material as the body.

Dec 04, 12 at 12:59am
Mr Gamerboy

quote hiigaran
plastic mane ftw!

honestly, having a plastic body, then a mane and tail that can be styled just seems so...off.
exactly, that's why i think that it would be great if hasbro could sell ponies with pre-molded manes. i'd be willing to pay at least $10 per pony

Dec 03, 12 at 11:17pm
hiigaran

plastic mane ftw!

Dec 03, 12 at 3:13pm
Superwalnut

Hair gel?

Idk, Vinyl is gonna be hard to do.

Dec 03, 12 at 3:09pm
Luis_GT

Should have gotten Zecora... no styling needed... lol...