Thread titleFromLast replied
Now searching...
Neoseeker Forums » » » » Super Smash Bros. 3DS/Wii U » New metroid characters » Post Reply

REPLY TO A THREAD
Name:* Members, please LOGIN before posting
Email: We use this to display your Gravatar

Sign in with
Subject:*

HTML is not allowed
markup is allowed

Help with markup tags

Enabling Buttons in IE7

Smilies:
  ·all smilies here
:) :P ;) :( :| ;( :D :confused: :cool: :# :o ^_^ :colored: :thick:
Community Badges

Join to get access to all the badges!

Animal Crossing Donkey Kong Earthbound Fire Emblem F Zero Game and Watch Ice Climber Kid Icarus Kirby Mario Megaman Metal Gear Metroid Pikmin Pokemon ROB Sonic Starfox Warioware Wii Fit Yoshi Legend of Zelda Bowser Captain Falcon Charizard King Dedede Diddy Kong Donkey Kong Doctor Mario Falco Fox Ganondorf Game and Watch Ice Climbers Ivysaur Jigglypuff Kirby Link Lucario Lucas Luigi Mario Marth Meta Knight Mewtwo Ness Olimar Peach Pichu Pikachu Pit Pokemon Trainer ROB Roy Samus Sheik Snake Sonic Squirtle Smash Bros Toon Link Wario Wolf Yoshi Young Link Zelda Zero Suit Samus
Note to Guests: For the enjoyment of other visitors, and to help keep this forum tidy and working smoothly, please make sure you search the forum before posting your question.

hideOriginal Post

Dec 02, 12 at 12:48pmXtremeAngler

i know they should have some new ones, but who? (i dont know much about metroid though)

Thread Recap (last 10 posts from newest to oldest)

Dec 03, 12 at 6:21pm
Thrawn

quote Gotenks
Probably because it's one of the Nintendo franchises that actually doesn't use the same boss over and over.
Exactly. It actually changes so they don't know who to add.

Edit: I wan't Mother Brain too.

Dec 03, 12 at 3:07pm
Gotenks

Probably because it's one of the Nintendo franchises that actually doesn't use the same boss over and over.

Dec 03, 12 at 3:01pm
Swampasaur

quote Gotenks
Mother Brain would work out well as a boss in the Smash Brothers game. Same as Kraid.
As would Metroid Prime and Metroid Queen.

Wow. Metroid has so many potential bosses.

Dec 03, 12 at 2:31pm
Gotenks

Mother Brain would work out well as a boss in the Smash Brothers game. Same as Kraid.

Dec 03, 12 at 1:35pm
Swampasaur

quote BlueLore
I think that thing in the background isn't really anything specific as afar as i know
Yeah, its just a random sci-fi monster.

Dec 03, 12 at 1:31pm
BlueLore

I think that thing in the background isn't really anything specific as afar as i know

I think when it comes to metroid bosses it would be one of these guys:
-Motherbrain(I think everyone understands why she could be a boss,she could have even two battlephases)
-Kraid(is quite iconic,despite his lack of appearances in recent games)
-Metroid queen(metroid themselves are iconic and the metroid queen appears in two games)
-Phantoon(his return in Other m was surprising,but he is probably the most unlikely)

Dec 03, 12 at 1:20pm
AgatioGanon

What is that thing on that Melee stage?

It looks gross.

Motherbrain for a boss, I'm up for it, then she can take Ridley's place as the boss character while Ridley gets added to the roster, cool.

I would like Kraid included though, maybe as a stage hazard?

Dec 03, 12 at 1:16pm
BlueLore

quote GaTheZakk
Then what about Mother Brain?

Thats right the original final boss of Metriod.

Although I think she appears in that Brinstar stage from Melee, I'm not sure.
no that is something else,mother brain doesn't look like this and never appeared in brinstar(I also thought it would be motherbrain when I first saw the stage)

And no,I doubt Motherbrain will appear,she doesn't appear as often as ridley and only her form from Super metroid can really fight(there is a mother-brain duplicate in other m,but it isn't iconic enough and has barely anything in common with the original) and her form from supermetroid is so big,that even ridley looks tiny compared to her.

She would however make a good boss

Dec 03, 12 at 11:53am
AgatioGanon

Then what about Mother Brain?

Thats right the original final boss of Metriod.

Although I think she appears in that Brinstar stage from Melee, I'm not sure.

Dec 03, 12 at 4:23am
BlueLore

quote GaTheZakk
How about Kraid?

Just downsize him to a Bowser sized Kraid.

His final smash gets real big and eats one of opponents.
There are two major problems with kraid:
1.He is even bigger than ridley,ridleys size is already a reason for many to doubt him,but ridley is tiny compared to kraid,sure he had an acceptable size in the original metroid,but there is also the problem with the 2nd reason:
2.He is just too unimportant.He is a boss in two games(three if you count zero mission),he isn't involved in the story at all and is less important than ridley in every aspect.