Thread titleFromLast replied
Now searching...
Neoseeker Forums » » » General Nintendo 3DS » Question About Digital Downloads. » Post Reply

REPLY TO A THREAD
Name:* Members, please LOGIN before posting
Email: We use this to display your Gravatar

Sign in with
Subject:*

HTML is not allowed
markup is allowed

Help with markup tags

Enabling Buttons in IE7

Smilies:
  ·all smilies here
:) :P ;) :( :| ;( :D :confused: :cool: :# :o ^_^ :colored: :thick:
Community Badges

Join to get access to all the badges!

DS Logo Animal Crossing New Leaf Castlevania Lord of Shadow Cooking Mama DKC Returns 3D Dead or Alive Dimensions Ace Attorney Dual Destinies Fire Emblem Awakening Harvest Moon A New Beginning Kid Icarus Uprising Luigis Mansion Dark Moon Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate Mario Kart 7 Dream Team Monster Hunter 4 New Super Mario Bros 2 Amsey Sigma Squiggle Heibai Swampert X Eiche Legend of Zelda Ocarina of Time Professor Layton and the Azran Legacy Pokemon X Pokemon Y Project X Zone Resident Evil Revelations Rune Factory 4 Mario 3D Land Shin Megami Tensei IV Sonic Generations Star Fox 64 3D Paper Mario Sticker Star Tales of the Abyss
Note to Guests: For the enjoyment of other visitors, and to help keep this forum tidy and working smoothly, please make sure you search the forum before posting your question.

hideOriginal Post

Dec 02, 12 at 8:51amArietta

Hi guys. I basically lost track of everything Nintendo has done to the day, so I have some questions that I would appreciate answers to.

Digital downloads. How do you buy them? Are there "Nintendo Giftcards" available (in the US)? Basically, if I made an account, I would only be able to get games from the US Store (if such concepts exist when it comes to the 3DS), and just like I do with iTunes and the PSN, I would use giftcards to buy digital content (because my country has no such things). If there are "Nintendo Giftcards" to use with 3DS and maybe the Wii, I may try to make an account.

Also when you download something, are you owner of it for forever? Basically I'm asking if I can redownload the same content again in another console using my account, in case I have to start clean with my 3DS and all.

Finally... How exactly do I make my account?

I will appreciate your answers a lot. Thanks!

Thread Recap (last 10 posts from newest to oldest)

Jun 08, 13 at 2:36pm
Paragon189

quote Saga
So no then. Resuming downloads usually mean picking up from where it stopped
Yeah, so no.

quote Saga
You can buy point cards, which is the equivalent of giftcards. In my case I do this because my 3DS is American and it's the easiest way to get games.
Really? Because I read somewhere that the points system didn't work. You had to get money or get a nintendo eshop card for digital downloads.

Jun 08, 13 at 2:17pm
Arietta

quote Paragon189
quote Saga
Sorry for the bump (and a late thanks), but can digital downloads be resumed if they are stopped?
Yes, you'll have to start over from the beginning though.
So no then. Resuming downloads usually mean picking up from where it stopped.

quote Paragon189
quote bbb7002004
You can buy point cards for the eShop, so you'll want to make sure you get them for the same region as your 3DS.
Point cards? You need money.
You can buy point cards, which is the equivalent of giftcards. In my case I do this because my 3DS is American and it's the easiest way to get games.

Jun 08, 13 at 2:06pm
Paragon189

quote Saga
Sorry for the bump (and a late thanks), but can digital downloads be resumed if they are stopped?
Yes, you'll have to start over from the beginning though.

quote bbb7002004
You can buy point cards for the eShop, so you'll want to make sure you get them for the same region as your 3DS.
Point cards? You need money.

Jun 08, 13 at 1:19pm
Arietta

Dec 02, 12 at 1:29pm
bbb7002004

The 3DS eShop is tied specifically to the device itself, so you'll create your "account" automatically the first time you visit. You can buy point cards for the eShop, so you'll want to make sure you get them for the same region as your 3DS. You can redownload the game as many times as you need on that 3DS, or transfer everything from one 3DS to another, but there is not an account login that will allow you to move content back onto the device if you needed to do a system restore or something of that nature. Nintendo has alluded to relaxing their restrictions in the future, such as being able to purchase eShop content from any browser and download it on your 3DS, but for the time being its one game, one system.

Dec 02, 12 at 8:51am
Arietta

Hi guys. I basically lost track of everything Nintendo has done to the day, so I have some questions that I would appreciate answers to.

Digital downloads. How do you buy them? Are there "Nintendo Giftcards" available (in the US)? Basically, if I made an account, I would only be able to get games from the US Store (if such concepts exist when it comes to the 3DS), and just like I do with iTunes and the PSN, I would use giftcards to buy digital content (because my country has no such things). If there are "Nintendo Giftcards" to use with 3DS and maybe the Wii, I may try to make an account.

Also when you download something, are you owner of it for forever? Basically I'm asking if I can redownload the same content again in another console using my account, in case I have to start clean with my 3DS and all.

Finally... How exactly do I make my account?

I will appreciate your answers a lot. Thanks!