Thread titleFromLast replied
Now searching...
Neoseeker Forums » » » » League of Legends » Missing in Action » Post Reply

Note to Guests: For the enjoyment of other visitors, and to help keep this forum tidy and working smoothly, please make sure you search the forum before posting your question.
REPLY TO A THREAD
Name:* Members, please LOGIN before posting
Email: We use this to display your Gravatar

Sign in with
Subject:*

HTML is not allowed
markup is allowed

Help with markup tags

Enabling Buttons in IE7

Smilies:
  ·all smilies here
:) :P ;) :( :| ;( :D :confused: :cool: :# :o ^_^ :colored: :thick:
Community Badges

Join to get access to all the badges!

AD Carry Mage Jungler Support Top Lane

hideOriginal Post

Dec 02, 12 at 2:45amcaptain boo

As we all know, during the laning phase, it's considered necessary to call mia every time your lane opponents cannot be seen or their location cannot be deduced.

When other lanes get ganked and the other lane didn't call mia, it's automatically his fault he got ganked, and maybe died because of it.

Now, I'm not saying to not call your mia's, but is it that bad? You have a mini map for a reason, and I often see another lane is mia before it is called because that's what you should be doing; watching the map.

This discussion is here because I would like to know if I'm in the wrong. Sure, mia's are useful in case you missed something, but I never really consider it the other lane's fault if I died to a gank from another lane, usually it's mine from bad map awareness. in my opinion, you should be watching the map enough that you can see when the enemies are nowhere to be found.

Again, I'm not saying to not call mia at all, or saying it is a waste of time. I do not think, however, that blaming a death from a gank due to no mia call is, well, justified.

Thread Recap (last 10 posts from newest to oldest)

Dec 04, 12 at 9:44am
Twilight

I call mia's/ss (Depending on what my teammates use as to avoid confusion), ward and ping.

I still think having good map awareness is a good thing, but when you have someone who (Like a support) is dedicated to map control is less important to have good map awareness and more so about communication.

Dec 03, 12 at 6:08am
Inuyasha

My style is to either ping my lane and ping where they are heading, as that is pretty easy to understand and hard to avoid the sound of two pings one after another, or to type out "mid's heading top" or whatever the situation is. Sometimes I do both, sometimes I mass ping if they are stupid and have been caught by ganks numerous times already. I don't object to calling MIA but I don't think people even care or for the most part even see it, and if you throw consecutive pings their way then they really know to haul ass.

It's such a pain in the ass when all lanes don't ward. If each lane buys two wards when they go back, the amount of map awareness would almost render junglers useless. Let your jungle by wards to stick in your or the enemy's jungle and then you create great spots to teamfight and steal buffs.

Dec 02, 12 at 6:10pm
Vicarious

Yeah I think it is very useful when someone calls MIA but honestly a simple caution ping would do. Sometimes I'm a bit busy to stop and type MIA and if I did get genked because one of my teammates forgot to say something, yeah I would be very annoyed but I would just ask them kindly if they could make sure to do it next time.

Dec 02, 12 at 10:00am
Etherlight

It's just silly that people call me out in chat for not calling MIA when I pinged the map 3 times in a row. In some cases I do call MIA (TF being a big one) and if I can type without any problems I will try to call it but pings should be enough for the most part. If people can't listen to pings then they wouldn't have looked at chat regardless.

Dec 02, 12 at 8:28am
BluAnimal

I've always called MIA because that's how I was taught to play. And while if another lane ganks and I die, I won't get upset. It just means I overstayed or my ward placement was bad. In higher ELO play everyone should be warding like crazy and it won't be a problem.

Dec 02, 12 at 8:18am
Chaosfire

I'll call SS, but I generally don't pay much attention to the chat. When I'm laning, a rule I follow is that every 2 or so cs, look at your minimap. This gives you a good idea of whats going on, without any expense.

Dec 02, 12 at 6:50am
Tashur Astur

quote ShadowCrystallux
I hate people.
I approve this. ss or mia are pretty damn useless to call to be completely honest, if someone calls it I usually don't care. Reason is that it simply isn't worth it to play scared when you don't know that someone is headed your way. If I die to a random gank from another lane I tell them to ward their lane, miss/mia are usually useless - albeit not always - wards are very useful indeed.

I tend to call miss anyway with a message of the most likely direction they're going, furthermore I ward one side always, if my lane is mia and they haven't passed said ward I figured they go the other way. Glorious logic.

Dec 02, 12 at 6:35am
ShadowCrystallux

I do get pissed if another lane never manages to call a mia or ping once in a while, because being constantly aware of the map whilst trying to outlane an opponent (especially at top) is rather difficult at times. I believe poor team communication and poor map awareness are equal faults during the laning phase, therefore both are not free of guilt. I personally think yellow pinging your lane then the lane you saw them heading towards is much better than a simple mia call. Pings are annoying. Very annoying. So they grab attention. If I forget to call a mia I do apologise, however if they go on a rant I tell them that they need to watch the map too. I do miss mia calls, everyone does. But if I ping your *bleep*ing lane, don't tell me I didn't call my lane missing, because I told you a mile off they were coming. It's amazing how some people can forget a mia call/ping within 2 seconds. "Oh yeah I'll back off a little" *jumps straight into what will become a 2v1* "Damn where's the mia?" I hate people.

Dec 02, 12 at 5:16am
Bass Ultra

I kinda just assumed that in lower elos/normals you need to call mia because your team mates will most likely have bad map awareness. Although at higher elo a ping would be nice if you know where your lane opponent is going.

Dec 02, 12 at 2:45am
captain boo

As we all know, during the laning phase, it's considered necessary to call mia every time your lane opponents cannot be seen or their location cannot be deduced.

When other lanes get ganked and the other lane didn't call mia, it's automatically his fault he got ganked, and maybe died because of it.

Now, I'm not saying to not call your mia's, but is it that bad? You have a mini map for a reason, and I often see another lane is mia before it is called because that's what you should be doing; watching the map.

This discussion is here because I would like to know if I'm in the wrong. Sure, mia's are useful in case you missed something, but I never really consider it the other lane's fault if I died to a gank from another lane, usually it's mine from bad map awareness. in my opinion, you should be watching the map enough that you can see when the enemies are nowhere to be found.

Again, I'm not saying to not call mia at all, or saying it is a waste of time. I do not think, however, that blaming a death from a gank due to no mia call is, well, justified.