Thread titleFromLast replied
Now searching...
Neoseeker Forums » » Books & Literature » The Gunslinger (Stephen King) » Post Reply

Note to Guests: Welcome to the Books & Literature forum! Have a seat, stay a while.
REPLY TO A THREAD
Name:* Members, please LOGIN before posting
Email: We use this to display your Gravatar

Sign in with
Subject:*

HTML is not allowed
markup is allowed

Help with markup tags

Enabling Buttons in IE7

Smilies:
  ·all smilies here
:) :P ;) :( :| ;( :D :confused: :cool: :# :o ^_^ :colored: :thick:

Thread Recap (last 10 posts from newest to oldest)

Dec 20, 12 at 9:13am
Lupin3rd

I read The Gunslinger earlier this year, convenient. 300 pages mine, I wonder which parts were new. (Took a hiatus from the series midway through Wolves of Calla, maybe I should get back to it).

Dec 20, 12 at 4:32am
Celes Leonhart

Totally should have notified me man, haha. I'll be going on a rampage with this.

Dec 01, 12 at 8:49pm
Golden Miru warrior

Genres: Fantasy, Thriller, Western, Post-Apocalyptic

quote stephenking.com
The Man in Black fled across the desert, and the gunslinger followed. So begins Book I of Stephen King’s iconic fantasy series, The Dark Tower. Part sci-fi novel, part futuristic dystopia, part spaghetti Western, and part high fantasy vision, The Gunslinger tells the story of Roland Deschain, Mid-World’s last gunslinger, who is tracking an enigmatic magician known only as the man in black. Following his quarry across the demon-infested Mohaine Desert, Roland confronts a mad preacher woman and her murderous flock, holds palaver with a speaking demon, and finally befriends a young boy from our world named Jake Chambers. Jake joins Roland on his quest, but while Roland travels with his young companion Jake, the man in black travels with Roland’s soul in his pocket.

Considered Stephen King's opus by the author and his fans, The Dark Tower series opened with a bang in 1982.

Excited for this, everyone. I've picked through King's body of work and sampled a few works, this is widely reputed to be the can't-miss entry and I've gone too many years without having read it.

King did a heavy revision about ten years ago and there's apparently some different in pages and details. I assume no one will have control over which copy they have access to, but just for fun be sure you note it at some point.

It's December everywhere so we have all crossed the starting line. Looks like it runs about 250 pages, which shakes out to 125 at the halfway point and about eight a day. Should be pretty easy for all of us.