Thread titleFromLast replied
Now searching...
Neoseeker Forums » » Hardware, Builds and Overclocking » PCIE 2.0, 16x vs 8x » Post Reply

Note to Guests: Advertising of any kind is not allowed in these forums!If you fix your problem on your own, please post a message describing how you fixed the issue so that others with a similar problem can use your method to fix their issue.
REPLY TO A THREAD
Name:* Members, please LOGIN before posting
Email: We use this to display your Gravatar

Sign in with
Subject:*

HTML is not allowed
markup is allowed

Help with markup tags

Enabling Buttons in IE7

Smilies:
  ·all smilies here
:) :P ;) :( :| ;( :D :confused: :cool: :# :o ^_^ :colored: :thick:

Thread Recap (last 10 posts from newest to oldest)

Dec 05, 12 at 12:36am
bobbyg2

Thanks for that link! I think I'll do that with my GTX 260, use my Radeon as the primary graphics card, and use the GTX 260 as the PhysX card.

Sorry to hijack the thread, carry on OP.

Dec 02, 12 at 8:15am
Nagare

It would only offload specific effects calculations which don't happen on your AMD card right now. It would also only benefit you with games that actually have Physx as an option (like PS2) I found this thread which has some comparisons showing huge performance gains when the Physx card is added in.

Nov 30, 12 at 6:52am
WGPlutonium

I have a friend who is getting rid of his GT 240 for a new card and said he'd sell it to me for $20. I have an HD 7850 running on a pice 2.0 x16 slot, but I also have a second slot which would cause them both to run at x8.

Physx is something I've never really cared about, but I was hoping if I ran a Hybrid Physx setup it would improve my performance in Planetside 2 by off loading the game physics onto the GT 240.

My questions are, i) would/could it theoretically imrpove performance in Planetside 2?
ii) would running at x8 be a detriment to the primary card (my 7850)?

My CPU is a Phenom 6 1090t bumped to 3.4ghz

Thanks.