Thread titleFromLast replied
Now searching...
Neoseeker Forums » » Computer Help and Discussion » My computer cannot find it's own wireless (FIXED IT) » Post Reply

Note to Guests: For the enjoyment of other visitors, and to help keep this forum tidy and working smoothly, please make sure you search the forum before posting your question.
REPLY TO A THREAD
Name:* Members, please LOGIN before posting
Email: We use this to display your Gravatar

Sign in with
Subject:*

HTML is not allowed
markup is allowed

Help with markup tags

Enabling Buttons in IE7

Smilies:
  ·all smilies here
:) :P ;) :( :| ;( :D :confused: :cool: :# :o ^_^ :colored: :thick:

Thread Recap (last 10 posts from newest to oldest)

Dec 03, 12 at 7:22pm
gobi1972

Have you tried off and on back your wireless?

Usually, when a person plug a network cable into the laptop, it uses different setting than the wifi. It is not recommended you have both on. Also Ubuntu will set up its own network setting as well. I know cos my PC also have dual boot setup (with Win XP and Ubuntu 11).

Also, by removing the network options under Hardware Setting (My Computer - Properties), you can refresh your network settings by have your laptop reconfigure itself.

Nov 29, 12 at 2:07pm
legendary one

I have deleted everything on my laptop today and did an installation of Ubuntu 12.4.
Previously I had a dual boot of Ubuntu 12.10 and Windows 7 going, I used Windows 7 to delete the Ubuntu Partition (Stupidly) and grub with it. (accidently of course, I'm new to Linux.)
Anyways, I ended up finding a 12.4 disk my friend gave me and installed it. While installing, it started trying to auto configure my networking, well I just clicked the "do it later" option and kept going. After install, I could not connect to a wireless network, nor could even see that I had wireless abilities.

I plugged into the network and had no internet at all.
Then went home, (I was at my tech school) and plugged directly into my router.
That gave me the internet, I installed all updates I could, even additional drivers.
I have messed with commands I found somewhere on this site and have found out that my wireless is not even popping up at all, like my computer cannot even find it.

I am using an HP Probook 6545b laptop and it has touch buttons above my keyboard, one of them turns wlan off and on, well it is not working.

-------------EDIT---------------------
I searched and experimented for a few hours, fixed it with drivers