Thread titleFromLast replied
Now searching...
Neoseeker Forums » » Computer Help and Discussion » winamp is invisible. how do i make it visible again? » Post Reply

Note to Guests: For the enjoyment of other visitors, and to help keep this forum tidy and working smoothly, please make sure you search the forum before posting your question.
REPLY TO A THREAD
Name:* Members, please LOGIN before posting
Email: We use this to display your Gravatar

Sign in with
Subject:*

HTML is not allowed
markup is allowed

Help with markup tags

Enabling Buttons in IE7

Smilies:
  ·all smilies here
:) :P ;) :( :| ;( :D :confused: :cool: :# :o ^_^ :colored: :thick:

hideOriginal Post

Nov 28, 12 at 11:11amhiigaran

bloody winamp. i only use it because its got a few handy things in it. now, when i open it, its invisible, and i cant do anything but play music, and stop it by ending the process. i do not want to delete studio.xcf, or whatever the name of that file is, because i dont want to go through all my settings again. is there any other way i can make it visible again?

EDIT: to random people who keep coming in this thread and offering their advice, ITS SOLVED. LOOK AT THE POST DATE OF THIS POST AND READ THE THREAD

Thread Recap (last 10 posts from newest to oldest)

Mar 01, 14 at 3:58am
Razgriz.Kusmana

hmm... maybe I'm late, but, try click your winamp, and then alt+w, your main window should be visible again

Jan 29, 14 at 3:14am
Patricescott

If you use docking, go back in to the settings and disable that last option again.

Jan 19, 14 at 12:38am
premkumar_pro

1. If winamp is running, close it.
1. Open run window (Windows_Button+R).
2. Type the command given in quotes "%appdata%" and type Enter. It will take you to
"C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming" folder.
3. Navigate to Winamp folder and open it. Navigate to studio.xnf file and open it with Notepad.
4. Search for a section name "activated". It will look something like this...
<section name="activated">
<entry name="Album Art" value="1" />
<entry name="Main Window" value="0" />
<entry name="Player Window" value="1" />
</section>
5. Under this section search for an entry named as "Main Window". If the value of this entry is 0 (zero), change it to 1. If it is not 0 (zero), my help stops here
6. Save the file and close it.
7. Re-open winamp. You'll have your main window showing its face..

Jan 05, 13 at 11:46pm
Devon123

You drag the mouse arrow on winamp it becomes visible again. or right click anywhere on winamp so that you get the menu. then under window the window settings> opacity choose 10% and make sure opaque on hover is checked.

Dec 01, 12 at 12:13pm
hiigaran

okay i fixed it. after you mentioned hotkeys, i looked up a list of winamp hotkeys, found the preferences hotkey (ctrl p), then after opening winamp, i got in to the preferences and enabled the icon in the taskbar so i could open the main window. its all good now.

for future reference, if it ends up hidden, open winamp (ie, click the program file/shortcut), then press alt w to display the main program section.

Nov 30, 12 at 9:59am
harbin

quote hiigaran
whats the shortcut? and no, its not displayed in the taskbar or the systray
I don't know, I was hoping you could tell me.

If you press, F1 does it bring up help so you can search through for stuff?

Nov 30, 12 at 9:56am
hiigaran

whats the shortcut? and no, its not displayed in the taskbar or the systray

Nov 30, 12 at 9:53am
harbin

Do you not have the little icon in the taskbar? Or a keyboard shortcut to unhide it?

Nov 29, 12 at 1:25pm
hiigaran

damn.

*sigh* very well, ill do it later on.

this has happened before, but i dont remember what i did to fix it.

Nov 29, 12 at 1:22pm
Ren of Heavens

Might be easier to just delete it then

Should only be the skin config stored in it, main program settings are in a separate .ini file.