Subject:*

HTML is not allowed
markup is allowed

Help with markup tags

Enabling Buttons in IE7

Smilies:
  ·all smilies here
:) :P ;) :( :| ;( :D :confused: :cool: :# :o ^_^ :colored: :thick:
Note to Guests: For the enjoyment of other visitors, and to help keep this forum tidy and working smoothly, please make sure you search the forum before posting your question.

hideOriginal Post

Nov 27, 12 at 1:54pmXtremeAngler

they ruined spyro because of skylanders!! ...anybody else agree?...

Thread Recap (last 10 posts from newest to oldest)

Nov 09, 13 at 2:46pm
Griffon

quote XtremeAngler
C'mon the skylanders game was made all for money.
Well really, EVERYTHING is made for money, from groceries, to athletic shoes to video games. Besides, in my opinion, there are things that are a lot more stupid that one could spend their money on than figurines that are used to play an exciting game.

Besides, if it were a "Spyro game"---as you're describing it---then there would probably be less playable characters, and then Skylanders would become a lot less interesting and the game would become more linear.

And yes, you could play the entire game through without using Spyro. You could also play it without Gill Grunt, Stealth Elf, Cynder, or all the Skylanders except for Spyro, if you like.

I still think this is a great game, and really, some of the ways in which they designed it did help it become better.

Nov 09, 13 at 8:24am
XtremeAngler

C'mon the skylanders game was made all for money. seriously who wants to pay money for characters that should be earned on the game! I don't know much about it but it's not a Spyro game, he's just there to make it look like it has a main character. I think you could play the game through without even playing Spyro. Don't get me wrong it looks like a fairly fun game but its not really about spyro and he shouldn't be there. If they took him out and made somebody else like that magma guy that's red and on all the commercials the main character it would make sense because I don't think spyro was even very notable in commercials. (as in if he was in one I didn't really notice him)

Nov 04, 13 at 8:53am
Star

quote Spittingpizz
quote TechnoBlastBuster
What do you mean?

Spyro is a Skylander!

This message was merged with other messages by Amsey (moderator)
Oblivious little kid...
Spyro existeer before skylanders but skylanders changed him.....
And now he's kinda messed up
Actually, he was just redesigned. He wasn't 'messed up'. The game was created for a new generation.

Nov 04, 13 at 7:04am
Spittingpizz

quote TechnoBlastBuster
What do you mean?

Spyro is a Skylander!

This message was merged with other messages by Amsey (moderator)
Oblivious little kid...
Spyro existeer before skylanders but skylanders changed him.....
And now he's kinda messed up

Aug 27, 13 at 7:59am
AriaFiresong

Yeah, but Legend seemed to have nothing with the previous game. Alternate universe? Darker, gritty reboot? Not sure.

Least the little guy hasn't been forgotten. (And I kinda hate it when Sparx has a voice)

Aug 27, 13 at 5:04am
Star

AriaFiresong
Haha. xD

Well, spoiler alerts below.

The Legend of Spyro ended with Spyro and Cynder flying off and Cynder whispering "I love you" just before credits play. Skylanders says that they ended up in Skylands where they became Skylanders. So, not all that much continuity really.

Aug 26, 13 at 9:42pm
AriaFiresong

I've not played the Legend of Spyro, aside from a bit at a friends house. It's what initially caused me continuity confusion...
Nor have I played any of the Skylanders, though I've heard mixed things about it. I've thought of trying it, but I really don't need to cram more things in my room right now XD

Aug 26, 13 at 9:39pm
Star

AriaFiresong
I have many of his GBA games and both Skylanders games. I've played the Legend of Spyro games (have the New Beginning for GBA) but I've been looking for them on other consoles (The New Beginning for Xbox, Eternal Night for Wii, Dawn of the Dragon for Xbox 360).

Aug 26, 13 at 9:38pm
AriaFiresong

Heh, well, hello to you too, Star. I'm the shadow that haunts the RP forums.
I grew up with Spyro, until he went to systems beyond what I could afford. I have the first three PS1 games, three of the GBA games, and two of the PS2 games.
And I'm glad he's still around, but still. I'm a continuity nut.
I feel all nostalgic, maybe I'll replay the first one again.

Aug 26, 13 at 9:27pm
Star

quote Salkor2
Skylanders didn't ruin Spyro, but it did change it. I feel that Skylanders was necessary to not only bring Spyro up higher, but to make it fun for all. I grew up on PS1 and i have to say that EVERY Spyro was good. Crappy graphics? great graphics of today had to be earned! Xbox graphics weren't built in a day. ANYWAY, Spyro is a Play station legacy that people should be lucky to have today! I mean he did a crossover with Crash Banidcoot for god sake! Crash and Spyro were my Mario and Link, before i knew Nintendo better. Spyro was necessary for on going PlayStation titles like Jak and Daxter, Ratchet and Clank, and Sly Cooper. Skylanders opened up the game and made it customizable in a way. Why use Character X when Y is better for this, and you like Y more? Never the less, I love Spyro, and you should all be thanking your lucky stars that Skylanders exists, but to say the least, Skylanders didn't ruin Spyro. I mean year of the dragon had more characters than Spyro, so you can tell that having more characters was what they intended for the series.
Finally somebody who actually has reasons to back up their opinion. This makes total sense. Good graphics, bad graphics, who cares? It's still Spyro.
EDIT: AriaFiresong
Holy-- you're still here! Hey, it's PokeMasterStar100 here. Didn't know you were into Spyro. ;-;