Thread titleFromLast replied
Now searching...
Neoseeker Forums » » » » New Super Mario Bros. 2 » Free Gold Classics DLC Pack Now Available! » Post Reply

Note to Guests: For the enjoyment of other visitors, and to help keep this forum tidy and working smoothly, please make sure you search the forum before posting your question.
REPLY TO A THREAD
Name:* Members, please LOGIN before posting
Email: We use this to display your Gravatar

Sign in with
Subject:*

HTML is not allowed
markup is allowed

Help with markup tags

Enabling Buttons in IE7

Smilies:
  ·all smilies here
:) :P ;) :( :| ;( :D :confused: :cool: :# :o ^_^ :colored: :thick:
Community Badges

Join to get access to all the badges!

Count Bleck Mario Toad Baby Luigi Baby Mario Boo Ludwig Luigi Goomba Piranha Plant Fire Mario Luigi small mario Star Fire Flower Peach Toad Coin Block Cheep Cheep Donkey Kong Yoshi Spiny Blooper Buzzy Beetle Bullet Bill Fawful Lakitu Paratroopa Classic Mushroom Poison Mushroom Daisy Poison Mushroom 2 Mushroom 1-Up Boo King Boo Luma Bowser Rosalina Paper Luigi Yoshi

hideOriginal Post

Nov 27, 12 at 9:48amGotenks

Nintendo fans worldwide have amassed a mountain of more than 300 billion gold coins in New Super Mario Bros. 2 for the Nintendo 3DS system, and the tally continues to climb. To reward players for hitting this massive milestone, Nintendo is offering a free pack of Coin Rush courses that game owners can download wirelessly within the game at no extra charge.

The free Gold Classics Pack was inspired by games like Super Mario Bros. and Super Mario Bros. 3, and includes three new courses that can be played in Coin Rush mode. Players can test their skills, then share and challenge other players’ records through the StreetPass feature. The Gold Classics Pack is now available and will be free for a limited time to New Super Mario Bros. 2 owners. Starting Feb. 1, 2013, the pack will be available to purchase for $2.50 in the United States. A variety of other downloadable Coin Rush course packs are available for purchase through the New Super Mario Bros. 2 game.
Source

Kind of nice to see another DLC pack for the game. It makes me hopeful that Nintendo may continue to release some more DLC packs considering people are still playing the games.

I gave this a download and played it for a bit already and I have to say, I'm really enjoying it. It's real easy but fun. I wish they had included a Super Mario World but these levels are just as good.

Thread Recap (last 10 posts from newest to oldest)

Dec 02, 12 at 11:23pm
John234MKWii

Well, they'll be in development on the other games for the 3DS and the Wii U, but it will be good in terms of money.

Dec 02, 12 at 6:56am
Thrawn

quote Virtue
I wouldn't be surprised to see one more a month or two from now. I personally thought it was over before this one came along, so you can't really rule anything out yet.
That's for sure. I have a feeling we will see something else released down the road that's awesome.

Dec 02, 12 at 6:11am
Virtue

I wouldn't be surprised to see one more a month or two from now. I personally thought it was over before this one came along, so you can't really rule anything out yet.

Dec 02, 12 at 1:14am
Kokoro

But the DLC releases adds more replay value to this as well.

Dec 01, 12 at 8:47pm
John234MKWii

I don't think there'll be more DLC releases for NSMB2 after the end of the year, considering the recent release of the Wii U and the lack of replay value in this one.

Dec 01, 12 at 8:33pm
Thrawn

I don't think so. I believe we will see some quality releases after this one.

Nov 29, 12 at 10:01pm
John234MKWii

Yeah, but is it a case of leaving the best 'till last. You think this is the best out of all the DLC?

Nov 29, 12 at 6:12pm
Virtue

Yeah, I agree with this being the way DLC should have been from the start for this game. I mean, this is the second best thing they could have done. It's just a shame they didn't think on its sooner when the game had a bit more interest to it.

Nov 29, 12 at 5:10pm
Thrawn

It's close for me. I probably like both of them about the same.

Nov 29, 12 at 10:55am
canderson

quote Thrawn
quote canderson
We should have received DLC content like this from the very beginning.
Have you bought the Gold Mushroom pack? The levels in it are awesome.
I don't have the game, but I did play all of the packs on my friends copy of the game and while I agree that the Gold Mushroom was one of the better packs, this recent Classics pack is definitely my favorite.