Thread titleFromLast replied
Now searching...
Neoseeker Forums » » » Dragon's Dogma » Dragon's Dogma Hard Mode, Speedrun Mode, extra armor coming next week » Post Reply

Note to Guests: For the enjoyment of other visitors, and to help keep this forum tidy and working smoothly, please make sure you search the forum before posting your question.
REPLY TO A THREAD
Name:* Members, please LOGIN before posting
Email: We use this to display your Gravatar

Sign in with
Subject:*

HTML is not allowed
markup is allowed

Help with markup tags

Enabling Buttons in IE7

Smilies:
  ·all smilies here
:) :P ;) :( :| ;( :D :confused: :cool: :# :o ^_^ :colored: :thick:

hideOriginal Post

Nov 26, 12 at 4:59pmRabidChinaGirl

Dragon's Dogma Hard Mode, Speedrun Mode, extra armor coming next week

Lydia Sung - Monday, November 26, 2012 4:59pm (PST) Like Share
Free update, free stuff due first week of December
 Image 1
Image Gallery

Thread Recap (last 10 posts from newest to oldest)

Dec 06, 12 at 4:49pm
Alkor

The Forest set and Barnaby's set are from the Speedrun mode, I don't know if you need to meet a certain time to get them.

The Abyssal outfit is gotten before the end of hard mode, after killing a boss
I don't have the Duke outfit yet, so I guess this one is from clearing Hard mode. I decided to stay in the Everfall a little before clearing the game, so I won't be able to confirm that for now .

Dec 06, 12 at 4:12pm
cnc

you get that from hard mode completion right?^

Dec 06, 12 at 2:18pm
Alkor

Dragonforged Abyssal outfit :

This is a cloth part not an armor part.

Dec 05, 12 at 12:50pm
Alkor

The stats for the DF forest set :

I can't DF the other one gotten from speedrun because female avatars can't equip it.

Also, I didn't begin hard mode yet, so I don't have the 2 other items.

Dec 02, 12 at 11:40am
The Darkest Shadow

quote Joker
Some ppl r never satisfied. They just wane something more.
Kind of the whole point of a game as good as Dragon's Dogma needing an expansion. In its present state, as fun as it is, it doesn't really have a huge amount of replay value, especially when you reach a high-level and the challenge completely dies off. These two new modes will breath some much-needed life into a game that sorely needs it.

Considering Capcom's previous on-disc DLC dealings (Which were continued with Dragon's Dogma) this is one of the few occasions where I agree that people are entitled to a little more. I'm fine with what they're offering alongside the new modes, but other people aren't quite as understanding. If the Dark Arisen expansion doesn't bring anything significant to the game, Capcom will have missed an opportunity to make a ton of money.

Dec 01, 12 at 11:24pm
Joker

Some ppl r never satisfied. They just wane something more.

Nov 30, 12 at 11:58pm
cnc

Most def coming back to this game when hard mode is released. Just hope it's actually difficult.

Nov 27, 12 at 11:15am
The Darkest Shadow

This gear isn't technically new. I wonder if there's more to be obtained that just hasn't been revealed? These may well be the clear rewards for completing Hard and Speed-Run Mode but who's to say we won't get some of the rarer loot from the standard difficulty end-game as we cut our way through the world on a new difficulty setting?

The end item rewards might not seem so great themselves, but there could be better loot that's rarer in the ordinary game to be had along the journey. Wouldn't really make sense to scale the difficulty up and not the rewards with it.

Looking forward to this, I already have a new appearance for my Arisen planned out for the Time Attack mode and I'm definitely looking forward to blazing through the game at a hellish pace. I already ran a speed-run type playthrough on my second run of the game but didn't keep track of just how quickly I cleared it. Without completing any sidequests and pre-levelled above 100, the game doesn't really ever have a chance to slow you down.

This could get interesting and might be enough of a reason for me to get back into Dragon's Dogma for a little while. Can't wait for the expansion, but this'll do for now I suppose. Can't argue with free content, no matter how trivial it may seem to some.

Nov 27, 12 at 7:51am
Abyss Raider

Free DLC? I'll take it, probably won't be checking it out until Dark Arisen is released, though.

Nov 26, 12 at 7:56pm
Wakaman

IIRC spring right?

Aw lawd, I keep forgetting about Mercedes' armour.