Thread titleFromLast replied
Now searching...
Neoseeker Forums » » Hardware, Builds and Overclocking » Looking for a laptop under $500 to play TF2 at lowest possible settings » Post Reply

Note to Guests: Advertising of any kind is not allowed in these forums!If you fix your problem on your own, please post a message describing how you fixed the issue so that others with a similar problem can use your method to fix their issue.
REPLY TO A THREAD
Name:* Members, please LOGIN before posting
Email: We use this to display your Gravatar

Sign in with
Subject:*

HTML is not allowed
markup is allowed

Help with markup tags

Enabling Buttons in IE7

Smilies:
  ·all smilies here
:) :P ;) :( :| ;( :D :confused: :cool: :# :o ^_^ :colored: :thick:

hideOriginal Post

Nov 26, 12 at 8:20amHuntereb

Hello! I'm looking for a laptop that will let me play Team Fortress 2 at very low graphics. I currently am using a tower computer, and am running the game at very low settings at about 40-60 FPS (Link to how it looks). The current processor states that it has about 125 MB's of graphics memory (I can't remember exactly, I'll attach more details when I get home to take a look. What I stated is about right though).

Basically what I am looking for is a laptop that can do equal or better than my current computer for $500 or less. I could go a bit over, but not anything over $550. I'd be happy to grab a refurbished one, as long as it's worth buying used.

I already know that TF2 is a pretty low-end game, meaning it doesn't require much to run, I just want to be able to play it on the go, even if the game looks like I'm playing it on a PSP.

Thanks! I'll attach the exact specs of my current PC when I get home, in the mean time you should be able to make use of the details I've already described.

Thread Recap (last 10 posts from newest to oldest)

Dec 14, 12 at 12:10pm
hiigaran

for 30 bucks more, you can get this. pretty much the same thing, but instead of a 7640, its a 7670. the downside is the 15 inch screen and windows 8.

Dec 09, 12 at 10:07am
dbrian

Under $500 you can easily get a core i5 laptop. The best deal I could find was this http://bestlaptopsunder500hub.com/best-laptop-under-500-deal-of-the-week.html
This laptop got
A8-4500M running at 1.9 GHz with 4 MB Cache
AMD Radeon HD 7640G Graphics packing 512MB of graphics system memory
4 GB DDR3 RAM.
500 GB 5400 rpm Hard Drive

All this for $429. I think this is the best deal you could get and is more than enough to play most modern gaming titles let alone TF2or go for a core i5 laptop if you like intel processor

Compare here
http://bestlaptopsunder500hub.com/top-laptops-under-500-dollars-comparison.html

Nov 27, 12 at 5:33am
Huntereb

I just look at that website (here to be specific), and did a bit of research. Turns out anything with Intel HD Graphics 3000+ will play TF2 at the highest quality at 60 FPS. I see an Intel HD 4000 on that list that's only about $480. What do you guys think?

Nov 26, 12 at 5:17pm
Huntereb

Sadly, I won't have time to take advantage of the cyber Monday sales. I'll take a look on that website tomorrow when the deals are over.

Nov 26, 12 at 3:32pm
bob8294

-Go to newegg.com.
-Anything with a discrete graphics card will do.
-Make sure to click on the Cyber Monday promotion for max effect.
-???
-Profit.

Examples:
Acer

Nov 26, 12 at 8:20am
Huntereb

Hello! I'm looking for a laptop that will let me play Team Fortress 2 at very low graphics. I currently am using a tower computer, and am running the game at very low settings at about 40-60 FPS (Link to how it looks). The current processor states that it has about 125 MB's of graphics memory (I can't remember exactly, I'll attach more details when I get home to take a look. What I stated is about right though).

Basically what I am looking for is a laptop that can do equal or better than my current computer for $500 or less. I could go a bit over, but not anything over $550. I'd be happy to grab a refurbished one, as long as it's worth buying used.

I already know that TF2 is a pretty low-end game, meaning it doesn't require much to run, I just want to be able to play it on the go, even if the game looks like I'm playing it on a PSP.

Thanks! I'll attach the exact specs of my current PC when I get home, in the mean time you should be able to make use of the details I've already described.