Thread titleFromLast replied
Now searching...
Neoseeker Forums » » » » Call of Duty: Black Ops II » What the hell happened to Weaver? » Post Reply

Note to Guests: For the enjoyment of other visitors, and to help keep this forum tidy and working smoothly, please make sure you search the forum before posting your question.
REPLY TO A THREAD
Name:* Members, please LOGIN before posting
Email: We use this to display your Gravatar

Sign in with
Subject:*

HTML is not allowed
markup is allowed

Help with markup tags

Enabling Buttons in IE7

Smilies:
  ·all smilies here
:) :P ;) :( :| ;( :D :confused: :cool: :# :o ^_^ :colored: :thick:
Community Badges

Join to get access to all the badges!

Black Ops Black Ops 2 Brigadier General Colonel 2nd Lieutenant Ghosts Major Lieutenant Colonel Corporal General Captain Lieutenant General 1st Lieutenant Major General Master Sergeant Modern Warfare Modern Warfare 3 Private Sergant Major Sergeant

hideOriginal Post

Nov 25, 12 at 3:36amblackomega34

I played some BO1 and went to the main menu... Then I heard the interrogator say 'I know when you're lying'... I just remembered: What the hell happened to Weaver?
He survived BO1, Woods didn't, Woods gets a part, Weaver doesn't... What happened there?

Thread Recap (last 10 posts from newest to oldest)

Sep 28, 13 at 5:54am
RancidRandy

Taking to account that Operation Charybdis targeted the entire main crew (minus Woods), and they all returned alive, Weaver was either a sole victim of the operation or he went underground/retired/reassigned.

quote BlackLabel
It could be a case of Gene Farber not wanting to come back to voice Weaver. Now in the past this wouldn't have been an issue they would have just re-cast the role, but gaming these days is that professional they just don't do that as often anymore.
They did it to Hudson, so that can't be the case.

Aug 25, 13 at 12:52am
blackomega34

Ah, yes! I forgot about South Africa.
It makes sense. Thanks.

Aug 25, 13 at 12:36am
#connorb

According to unlocked intel, Mason never fully recovered from being brainwashed and still hears Reznov. This made him a person of interest to the CIA. The CIA then decided he was a threat to national security. Weaver and Hudson also became people of interest due to their association with Mason. Mason, Hudson and Weaver later escaped to South Africa.

October 28, 1978
The CIA formed a joint task force with MI-6 in order to find and kill Mason, Hudson and Weaver in what they dubbed Operation Charybdis. While Mason and Hudson survived, Weaver is not mentioned by either Mason or Hudson in Call of Duty: Black Ops II, but however, Woods indirectly mentioned him in Old Wounds.[2]

May 06, 13 at 12:43am
Tmac24utm

I suppose he wasn't deemed important enough, in BO1, he wasn't in very many missions.

May 05, 13 at 8:26pm
Laws16

Well Weaver is Russian. Maybe he returned home?.... just a guess

Mar 19, 13 at 2:52am
Agent Mo

quote Vlahrhd
Woods hinted about weaver while he interrogated Kravchenko. I think he said how do you feel about an eye for an eye.
No that was for Kravchenko torturing Woods and leaving him on that cargo boat (where you rescue him on the first mission of the game).

Mar 18, 13 at 7:48pm
Vlahrhd

Woods hinted about weaver while he interrogated Kravchenko. I think he said how do you feel about an eye for an eye.

Jan 28, 13 at 2:02am
Agent Mo

Maybe they deemed him a liability, what with only having one eye...

Jan 28, 13 at 12:52am
blackomega34

HU1CH13 Indeed, what jbh said. He hit the nail on the head (Or whatever other terms one may use, I am not familiar with them) .

Jan 27, 13 at 9:09pm
jbh

quote HU1CH13
quote blackomega34
He survived BO1, Woods didn't
Are you living under a rock? Isn't it obvious enough Woods survived the events of BO1 given the fact he was the character in all those reveal and teaser trailers?
I think he meant to say that Woods was presumed dead at the end of BO1. Where as Weaver was well and truly alive, so it's odd to put all that effort into reviving Woods, but not having a single cameo of a character that was very much alive at the end of the first game.

Also Hudson does have a different VA, good ear. Michael Keaton, Some pretty decent star power right there.