Thread titleFromLast replied
Now searching...
Neoseeker Forums » » » General Wii U » Michael Pachter Comments on Wii U Sales » Post Reply

Note to Guests: For the enjoyment of other visitors, and to help keep this forum tidy and working smoothly, please make sure you search the forum before posting your question.
REPLY TO A THREAD
Name:* Members, please LOGIN before posting
Email: We use this to display your Gravatar

Sign in with
Subject:*

HTML is not allowed
markup is allowed

Help with markup tags

Enabling Buttons in IE7

Smilies:
  ·all smilies here
:) :P ;) :( :| ;( :D :confused: :cool: :# :o ^_^ :colored: :thick:

Thread Recap (last 10 posts from newest to oldest)

Nov 24, 12 at 4:32am
BlackLabel

Selling out doesn't necessarily mean it's selling well seeing as Nintendo probably only shipped 500k - 1 million units to each store chain. There were probably 3 million Wii U's floating about on launch day which is easy for most stores to sell out, but it's hardly the Wii situation where every system was accounted for as sold within an hour of launch, there are still consoles left to be bought now.

Personally I don't take this as good news seeing as Nintendo has more than 3 million fans in America, this system should have completely sold out but it didn't, there are still units left. To me the real test is whether people that aren't exclusively Nintendo fans pick one up as Nintendo are still banking on Xbox 360/PS3 gamers to get one and the casual market that bought Wii to get one. If those markets ignore the system this console could end up selling Gamecube like figures which are dramatically less than the Wii's sales.

Nov 23, 12 at 9:29pm
Duncan Idaho

quote Dark Arcanine
Source

If you've not got a Wii U yet, you may be lucky if you get one at all before Christmas, claims Wedbush Securities analyst Michael Pachter.

Sounds good to me (except for those who may miss out on the console for a bit, of course).

patcher said something positive, ok the wiiu is going to fail, sorry nintendo nice to see an HD console and all but, murphy's law is going to bite you hard /sarcasm

Nov 23, 12 at 8:47pm
Mudkip94

They must be selling well everywhere but central new york. I've gone to 3 different walmarts black Friday shopping and they had at least 5 on the shelf at each store. Then at Gamestop they had 4 left.

Nov 23, 12 at 4:00pm
Dark Arcanine

Source

If you've not got a Wii U yet, you may be lucky if you get one at all before Christmas, claims Wedbush Securities analyst Michael Pachter.

Sounds good to me (except for those who may miss out on the console for a bit, of course).