Thread titleFromLast replied
Now searching...
Neoseeker Forums » » Hardware, Builds and Overclocking » Working on a gaming computer. » Post Reply

Note to Guests: Advertising of any kind is not allowed in these forums!If you fix your problem on your own, please post a message describing how you fixed the issue so that others with a similar problem can use your method to fix their issue.
REPLY TO A THREAD
Name:* Members, please LOGIN before posting
Email: We use this to display your Gravatar

Sign in with
Subject:*

HTML is not allowed
markup is allowed

Help with markup tags

Enabling Buttons in IE7

Smilies:
  ·all smilies here
:) :P ;) :( :| ;( :D :confused: :cool: :# :o ^_^ :colored: :thick:

Thread Recap (last 10 posts from newest to oldest)

Nov 23, 12 at 5:37am
Imreallycool

I'm willing to go for the geforce thanks for that advice but for processor i defiantly want AMD but like I said 8150 liquid or 8350 stock heatsink not sure which one. Then for the motherboard which one is optimal

Nov 23, 12 at 12:45am
Crusad3r

Any particular reason you're choosing AMD over Intel? Because if you' have a $1500 budget, you'll get more performance out of a good Intel chip than an AMD chip. You'll also get better performance out of Nvidia's GTX 6 series GPUs over AMD's 7000 series cards. In both cases, they cost more, but they deliver better performance.

Also if you go with Intel, you can pick the z77 1155 chip slot motherboard which is PCIe 3.0

For power, you'll want a 750w+ PSU.

edit: I just checked out the 7970 card, and it's pretty poor in terms of specifications. It's only slightly better than my now out-dated GTX 580 OC, which I can clock up to the same speeds. You're definitely better off with a GTX 680 from Gigabyte's Super Overclock series GPUs

Nov 23, 12 at 12:19am
PureOCJim

If you have $1500 an Intel core i7 3770K build will be all around better although the AMD 8350 is not bad by no means.

Nov 21, 12 at 8:44am
Imreallycool

I live in the US and have a budget around $1500. It's a little flexible I'll have to buy the parts over time. I'm looking to get the whole set of parts in about 2-3 months.

Nov 21, 12 at 8:30am
Imreallycool

I just wanna make sure these parts are compatibly and some feedback. This will be the first computer I've built.
For the CPU I'm either going to go AMD 8150 with liquid kit or a 8350 heatsink.
If I overclock both of them will the AMD 8150 with liquid will it outbeat the 8350? Nothing too serious of a overclock.
They use the AM3+ socket so for motherboard I was either thinking http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813131876
or
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813131877
They're very similar I just cant decide.
For GPU I want the AMD Radeon 7970 which uses the PCIe 3.0.
I know that its backwards compatible but will it significantly reduce my performance? If so can anyone show me another motherboard that's 3.0 and AM3+?
For a case I want the Coolmaster Haf X.
I was thinking DDR3 1600 Ram about 16 GB. Should I get faster or will it really not change much?
For storage I was going to go with a 128 GB SD and 2 1 TB HD that I was going to raid 0 or 10 for speed I could use some suggestions on that.
For a power supply I don't know how much power I would need however it would be nice if it was 80+ Gold or better. I would also like it to be modular as I am horrible with wiring.
Thanks for any help in advance.