Thread titleFromLast replied
Now searching...
Neoseeker Forums » » » » Call of Duty: Black Ops II » Favourite/least favourite maps? » Post Reply

Note to Guests: For the enjoyment of other visitors, and to help keep this forum tidy and working smoothly, please make sure you search the forum before posting your question.
REPLY TO A THREAD
Name:* Members, please LOGIN before posting
Email: We use this to display your Gravatar

Sign in with
Subject:*

HTML is not allowed
markup is allowed

Help with markup tags

Enabling Buttons in IE7

Smilies:
  ·all smilies here
:) :P ;) :( :| ;( :D :confused: :cool: :# :o ^_^ :colored: :thick:
Community Badges

Join to get access to all the badges!

Black Ops Black Ops 2 Brigadier General Colonel 2nd Lieutenant Ghosts Major Lieutenant Colonel Corporal General Captain Lieutenant General 1st Lieutenant Major General Master Sergeant Modern Warfare Modern Warfare 3 Private Sergant Major Sergeant

hideOriginal Post

Nov 20, 12 at 3:49pmYogurt

What maps are your favourite and what maps are your least favourite/maps you hate?

Thread Recap (last 10 posts from newest to oldest)

Nov 21, 12 at 6:20am
SpaceWalker

I HATE HATE HATE Slums and Standoff! They are laid out so awfully for me and always seem to be filled to the brim with *bleep*ing tactical hazards...

My favourites are Carrier and Meltdown, I always have great games on those maps and they are well-balanced and just the right size for a 6v6 TDM

Nov 21, 12 at 4:09am
Zero

I lurv Hijacked, Carrier, Express and Meltdown. I'm kinda warming to Slums and also Cargo as well.

I'd say the worst map not just in the game, but in the whole series is Aftermath. It's bland, campy (headglitch spots l r and c), easy to get spawntrapped on and the whole map design in general is terrible. If I get put into a game on that map I just back out.

I'm also not too fond of Turbine and Plaza.

Nov 21, 12 at 3:39am
Raspustean

Turbine is my favourite (old dome tactic of run forward a grenade towards everyone on domination)

Do not like Carrier ( Always shot in the back, weird spawns and the weird Dr Claw annoucer voice)

Nov 21, 12 at 2:40am
roseability

Stand Off Slums Meltdown Yemen

Drone Hijacked Turbine Express

Meltdown is like BO1 Launch and Radiation, Express looks like its got BO1 Stadium hidden under there somewhere. Looks like they went cheapo on the map design budget. They are too cluttered and tight.

The good maps in BO1 are way better than the good maps in BO2

Nov 20, 12 at 11:54pm
AliB23

My least favourite maps are probably Drone and Raid. I always seem to have a bad game whenever I am on those maps. My favourite ones are Hijacked, Cargo and Standoff. I find all three really fun to play on and Standoff feels well laid-out.

Nov 20, 12 at 10:19pm
IUSEthePM-9

This game mapwise has been tough for me. They look GREAT, like all of them look fantastic, and by far they feel better than Black Ops and MW3. I also love the size, it feels right, intense, feels great to play on them. But having said that I'm not exactly a fan of the SMG dominance of the game :/ Assault rifles should perform the best. Maybe more recoil/damage drop off would still make the maps tiny and the assault rifles more dominant at the same time though.

favourites are Standoff, Slums, Raid and Meltdown though. They feel well structured, fast paced, balanced and fun really, although the huge reactor on Meltdown is annoying as hell.

Least favourites are definitely Plaza and Carrier. Plaza is just too campy like someone else said, and really confusing to boot, which parts of the map are open? I always fail my air support there. The other one that's semi annoying (because Plaza is the only one I dislike playing on) is Carrier. Feels like they just made a deck and put heaps of crap on it. The idea of a ship had so much potential, they could have done more with the hull. And for god's sakes that head glitch on the tilted part of the map near C is frustrating as hell.

Nov 20, 12 at 8:28pm
Rude_Boy_Loves_SKA

Least favorite is Cargo, by far.
Favorite is probably Carrier.

Nov 20, 12 at 6:29pm
Ajax

I'm not fond of any of them, tbh.

Too small, SMG's have way too much of an advantage in 95% of gun fights.

There's literally zero point using any other weapon in this game.

Nov 20, 12 at 4:51pm
Pauliepoos

I like quite a few of the maps actually. My favourite has to be Turbine, love that map. I always seem to get an excellent, close fought game on it, and the battle for Flag B in Domination can be pretty intense. Also, it has so many spots where snipers think they are safe and hidden that it results in many easy kills. Overflow is excellent as well. The gunfights in that alleyway are always entertaining. Aftermath, Carrier and Meltdown are other favourites too.

Plaza is my least favourite. Its just rubbish because from my experience, people just like to camp in those elevated platforms, waiting for someone to run into view....Raid is pretty shit as well, as is Cargo. Probably because I always struggle on 'em.

Nov 20, 12 at 3:49pm
Yogurt

What maps are your favourite and what maps are your least favourite/maps you hate?