Thread titleFromLast replied
Now searching...
Neoseeker Forums » » » General Wii U » Nintendo Network IDs are locked to one Wii U console » Post Reply

Note to Guests: For the enjoyment of other visitors, and to help keep this forum tidy and working smoothly, please make sure you search the forum before posting your question.
REPLY TO A THREAD
Name:* Members, please LOGIN before posting
Email: We use this to display your Gravatar

Sign in with
Subject:*

HTML is not allowed
markup is allowed

Help with markup tags

Enabling Buttons in IE7

Smilies:
  ·all smilies here
:) :P ;) :( :| ;( :D :confused: :cool: :# :o ^_^ :colored: :thick:

hideOriginal Post

Nov 19, 12 at 5:54pmRabidChinaGirl

Nintendo Network IDs are locked to one Wii U console

Lydia Sung - Monday, November 19, 2012 5:54pm (PST) Like Share
No, you cannot log into your account from another console
 Image 1

Thread Recap (last 10 posts from newest to oldest)

Nov 22, 12 at 4:43pm
ims2golfer

quote Drogo Baggins
that the Wii U can't even do,

Where did you find this? The Wii-U doesn't do it, but it can.

Nov 22, 12 at 9:21am
Drogo Baggins

quote Duncan Idaho
iirc the microsoft online service was buggy as hell when it started, and the PS3 only recently allows you to store saves on a cloud service.
We aren't talking about save files though. We're talking about being able to log in to your account from another console, something Sony has always allowed, again, unless I'm mistaken. I've only ever done it a few times and it was long after launch, so maybe I'm wrong.

I don't really know anything about the 360's online service. I've only had Live a few months here and there, whenever I've picked them up for free from a game or something. So I can't really comment on what it was like at launch, tbh.

Nov 22, 12 at 9:08am
Duncan Idaho

quote Drogo Baggins
Well, the Xbox 360 and PS3 have been doing something for years that the Wii U can't even do, and they had this feature at launch unless I'm mistaken. At least they've got that going for them.
iirc the microsoft online service was buggy as hell when it started, and the PS3 only recently allows you to store saves on a cloud service.

BTW do i need to remind people of what happened when sony PSN was down for a few months?, i am sure in less than a month people will be getting new features, just yersteday amazon vid became avaible to wiiu folks

Nov 22, 12 at 9:03am
Drogo Baggins

quote Duncan Idaho
the thing bud, that nintendo unlike sony and microsoft try to relase working content, not half assed content then it comes the patch.
Well, the Xbox 360 and PS3 have been doing something for years that the Wii U can't even do, and they had this feature at launch unless I'm mistaken. At least they've got that going for them.

Also, it's hilarious to even call it a "feature". It should be expected.

I'm not outraged, but this is pretty lame. I already only had two minor reasons for wanting a Wii U (Bayonetta 2 and Scribblenauts Unlimited). This really doesn't help their case with me.

Nov 21, 12 at 8:08pm
Thrawn

Boy this does seem a little strange. Why couldn't they just allow you a password or something that can allow you log in with any system.

It's not going to be an issue for me though so I'm not to concerned personally.

Nov 21, 12 at 7:37pm
ims2golfer

quote CarRamrod
The smartest solution Nintendo would have used would have been to force people to create a Club Nintendo account, like Google does with GMail on Android, and use that for their Nintendo Network ID. Club Nintendo is already in place and can be accessed on any internet enabled device. So to implement that onto Wii U and their online network by adding the robust features of friend lists and the likes would have been a very smart thing. That's my opinion at least.
I agree they should have done something with Club Nintendo being the base for things like this. Thing is though, when the 3DS was launched it didn't plan to have anything to do with Club Nintendo, accept with the eShop. That's where the original concept came in for Nintendo network. However alot of people would see Club Nintendo as, well how it is, and not some sort of networking system.

Nov 21, 12 at 7:33pm
CarRamrod

I understand completely, when comparing the three companies, which is why I said companies(in general) and used our smartphones as an example. I agree completely that Sony and Microsoft halfass their content far too often, but Nintendo has to realize that time is of the essence with such a profound feature. Years ago I wouldn't have though this was a big deal, but I now know plenty of people who use their PSN IDs or Gamertags on multiple consoles. The smartest solution Nintendo would have used would have been to force people to create a Club Nintendo account, like Google does with GMail on Android, and use that for their Nintendo Network ID. Club Nintendo is already in place and can be accessed on any internet enabled device. So to implement that onto Wii U and their online network by adding the robust features of friend lists and the likes would have been a very smart thing. That's my opinion at least.

Nov 21, 12 at 7:33pm
ims2golfer

quote CarRamrod
f I want two Wii U's then I should be able to move content seamlessly in our day-and-age, which is the time where content on our phones can be readily available on our PCs or vice versa.
Why would you ever want two of the same consoles? I can see handhelds,3DS had 3DS to 3DS transfer, but not consoles. I already stated what happens if your Wii-U breaks, but having two Wii-Us in the same household would just be stupid.
I agree you should be able to, but you don't ever need it. It's like when people were complaining about Netflix and other video streaming software was not there Day 1. You have it on everything already, so why do you need it on your Wii-U on launch? Same basic concept of complaining about things that can be easily changed down the line. It's not like big Ninty WON'T change anything, as you can see the steps they've taken from the Wii. They're learning about what mistakes they made and correcting them. Other things like this original topic of this article is something they can easily change down the line.

Nov 21, 12 at 7:23pm
Duncan Idaho

quote CarRamrod
[quote=ims2golfer|message:33937918]
The key word is "future" consoles and devices. That can mean many different things, such as Nintendo's console AFTER Wii U, whether it be handheld or the next full-fledged console.
And I understand being perfectionists and such, as many companies try to be even if they fail to do so, but releasing a console behind in something like this is just pathetically stupid. If I want two Wii U's then I should be able to move content seamlessly in our day-and-age, which is the time where content on our phones can be readily available on our PCs or vice versa.
the thing bud, that nintendo unlike sony and microsoft try to relase working content, not half assed content then it comes the patch.

Nov 21, 12 at 7:03pm
CarRamrod

quote ims2golfer
If you look in the quote it says right there,
"In the future, you will be able to use your Nintendo Network Account with future Nintendo consoles and other devices, such as PC's."
The key word is "future" consoles and devices. That can mean many different things, such as Nintendo's console AFTER Wii U, whether it be handheld or the next full-fledged console.
And I understand being perfectionists and such, as many companies try to be even if they fail to do so, but releasing a console behind in something like this is just pathetically stupid. If I want two Wii U's then I should be able to move content seamlessly in our day-and-age, which is the time where content on our phones can be readily available on our PCs or vice versa.