Thread titleFromLast replied
Now searching...
Neoseeker Forums » » » » Call of Duty: Black Ops II » Prestiging » Post Reply

Note to Guests: For the enjoyment of other visitors, and to help keep this forum tidy and working smoothly, please make sure you search the forum before posting your question.
REPLY TO A THREAD
Name:* Members, please LOGIN before posting
Email: We use this to display your Gravatar

Sign in with
Subject:*

HTML is not allowed
markup is allowed

Help with markup tags

Enabling Buttons in IE7

Smilies:
  ·all smilies here
:) :P ;) :( :| ;( :D :confused: :cool: :# :o ^_^ :colored: :thick:
Community Badges

Join to get access to all the badges!

Black Ops Black Ops 2 Brigadier General Colonel 2nd Lieutenant Ghosts Major Lieutenant Colonel Corporal General Captain Lieutenant General 1st Lieutenant Major General Master Sergeant Modern Warfare Modern Warfare 3 Private Sergant Major Sergeant

hideOriginal Post

Nov 19, 12 at 4:30pmSilver Rathalos

What's the point of it other than get better prestige emblem by name, unlock class and refund all tokens DURING ONLY ON THAT PRESTIGE. And reset all stats

Thread Recap (last 10 posts from newest to oldest)

Nov 20, 12 at 1:07pm
Mnmfan

quote Talos
I am around 40, first prestige, but leveling up to 55 the first time was slow for some reason, then i prestiged and the levels flew by. I noticed when you prestige, alot of high point challenges open up for you to do. Attachment challenges, equipment, and other things. Plus it was double xp, but even at 30-35 i was leveling up at least once, maybe twice a game. I was also playing hardpoint and headquarters.
I went from level 4 straight to level 11 after getting the first shotgun to level 10 2nd prestige. I think you get 5000xp for getting the player card for reaching max weapon level plus you get 10000xp for getting the player card for getting both max level AND all camo.
15000 xp after one kill. Definitely worth doing the challenges.

Nov 20, 12 at 10:50am
Talos

I am around 40, first prestige, but leveling up to 55 the first time was slow for some reason, then i prestiged and the levels flew by. I noticed when you prestige, alot of high point challenges open up for you to do. Attachment challenges, equipment, and other things. Plus it was double xp, but even at 30-35 i was leveling up at least once, maybe twice a game. I was also playing hardpoint and headquarters.

Nov 20, 12 at 8:14am
robj414

No second thoughts from me when I could prestige I did, and then was awesomely surprised when I kept my attachments and gun lvls and camos, not too mention being able to have ghost at lvl 9... Well actually lvl 4 but I went on a rampage and ended up at lvl 9.
Next prestige will be black hat, gotta troll some care package fools, had so much fun with it b4 I prestiged

Nov 20, 12 at 7:22am
hxcpunkjj

Can't make my mind up about prestiging, every other COD game I've played I've made it to first prestige, and then just got bored and left it halfway through. But reading here, it sounds like prestiging might actually be worth it for the few extra perks or weapons that you can take with you into the next prestige. Also the fact your weapon stats and attachments remain, it all sounds rather cool. Plus levelling up is really easy this time around!

Nov 20, 12 at 3:28am
blackomega34

I find that prestiging increases my combat ethic, I know I am limited to an amount of choices and thus I am not thinking of other choices that I have with me, thus empowering me and making me able to get a 7+ killstreak. (My first match in prestige 2 in BO had me scoring 25-6 with a default class among other examples I can provide)

quote ditto
Every prestige expands the radius of your testicles by .0376 inches. Fact.
Are you sure? I thought it was .3760 inches.

quote Rude_Boy_Loves_SKA
I unlocked the SMR with my first prestige token, and the only two guns I use are that, and the M27, both of which I've prestiged twice. So I'll pretty much just be playing with the same class whether I prestige or not.
Well, it seems that you and I have the same goals in mind. This was my plan as well.

Nov 20, 12 at 1:55am
tyranitar24

I just love trying new weapons, perks, etc each prestige. I've done it in every CoD, keeps it fresh and entertaining for me.

Nov 20, 12 at 1:13am
Mnmfan

I see no reason NOT to prestige. If I did'nt prestige all that wasted xp would really annoy. In a week I'd be thinking.. 'damn, if I prestiged I'd probably be prestige 2 now'.
I'm currently lvl1 1st prestige.

Nov 19, 12 at 11:54pm
Agent Mo

The prestige tokens don't magically disappear if you don't use them right? Say if i were to forget to use one when i prestige, i can always just use it later?

Nov 19, 12 at 9:42pm
Rude_Boy_Loves_SKA

I'm still presitiging. I really don't have a good reason either way.
I unlocked the SMR with my first prestige token, and the only two guns I use are that, and the M27, both of which I've prestiged twice. So I'll pretty much just be playing with the same class whether I prestige or not.
Literally, the only reason for me prestiging is so I can still get the satisfaction of reaching that next rank. I don't care about e-penises, status, leaderboards, or what the emblem next to my Gamertag looks like.

Nov 19, 12 at 8:28pm
ditto

Every prestige expands the radius of your testicles by .0376 inches. Fact.