Thread titleFromLast replied
Now searching...
Neoseeker Forums » » » » World of Warcraft » Considering playing WoW » Post Reply

Note to Guests: For the enjoyment of other visitors, and to help keep this forum tidy and working smoothly, please make sure you search the forum before posting your question.
REPLY TO A THREAD
Name:* Members, please LOGIN before posting
Email: We use this to display your Gravatar

Sign in with
Subject:*

HTML is not allowed
markup is allowed

Help with markup tags

Enabling Buttons in IE7

Smilies:
  ·all smilies here
:) :P ;) :( :| ;( :D :confused: :cool: :# :o ^_^ :colored: :thick:

hideOriginal Post

Nov 19, 12 at 7:45amCrusad3r

I haven't played WoW since before Burning Crusade. So much in the game has changed.

I have the expansions up to Wrath of the Lich King (bought it in the sale before MoP came out), and I'm considering upgrading to MoP, but right now, I'm holding back on it because I have no idea where to start in the game. It's become so big that I've just gotten lost on where to go to meet people and level up.

Is this game worth returning to? I don't have a lot of time in the day to play this, so levelling up would be a very slow process. Would I be better off with a more casual game?

Thread Recap (last 10 posts from newest to oldest)

Mar 18, 13 at 5:31am
andersonsappington

I like to play games, I had played so many games till now. But I didn't play WoW, I am quite new of this. I didn't know about WoW can any share here from where I should download this game, what is a rule and the story of this game.? Will any body help me for this.

Feb 10, 13 at 8:22am
RazorClaw

quote windowlicker
Not sure whether to reboot WoW up, or get Guild Wars 2. Halp.
Guild Wars 2 people there aren't looking to make up for a lack of size on sex organs.

Feb 07, 13 at 1:35pm
windowlicker

Not sure whether to reboot WoW up, or get Guild Wars 2. Halp.

Jan 25, 13 at 4:52am
Hugh

I find World of Warcraft a tad bit boring and repetitive - I'm currently trying to decide what character to level up to 90, but I'm struggling just because I'm trying to pick the one I'll be least bored at level 90 with.

World of Warcraft, if you like the end game content in the newer expansions can either be really addictive, or a really boring grind to get gear...

Your preference.

Jan 22, 13 at 5:29pm
RazorClaw

quote Avalith
quote RazorClaw
Wow is fulled with welfare living mommies basement players who rather play video games then actually being a functioning member of socity.
Yet 90% of my guild works full time and we even go places together. Hmm.
then smart pants example the need for a vendor purchase mount going for 120K gold or mount mats from a vendor going for 20K gold hmmm...... the 24 hours a day players need to fee l special it's called raiding welfare bum noobs.

Jan 22, 13 at 3:10pm
Avalith

quote RazorClaw
Wow is fulled with welfare living mommies basement players who rather play video games then actually being a functioning member of socity.
Yet 90% of my guild works full time and we even go places together. Hmm.

Jan 22, 13 at 1:51pm
RazorClaw

quote Crusad3r
I haven't played WoW since before Burning Crusade. So much in the game has changed.

I have the expansions up to Wrath of the Lich King (bought it in the sale before MoP came out), and I'm considering upgrading to MoP, but right now, I'm holding back on it because I have no idea where to start in the game. It's become so big that I've just gotten lost on where to go to meet people and level up.

Is this game worth returning to? I don't have a lot of time in the day to play this, so levelling up would be a very slow process. Would I be better off with a more casual game?
I know I am probably to late but screw Wow and Act-o-vision get Guild Wars 2 in WOW u can't spend ur own money except for blizzards pet store so ingame currency is non-purchasable and a perm bannable thing unlike Guild Wars 2 where the RTM Currency is there but only used for vanity items.

Nov 25, 12 at 7:08pm
harhis23

LFG and Azeroth worlds both excel in terms of levelling. However, the adventures in Azeroth is hilarious.

Nov 23, 12 at 8:12am
Yoshi Fanatic

Doing LFG until Pandaria is actually somewhat fast if you decide to play a Monk. LFG is widely considered to be the way of leveling for most alts. The quest flow in Azeroth was redone though for 1-60 and it actually is also a very good option to choose as well so I'd say they're both about even in terms of leveling.

Nov 22, 12 at 9:17pm
Crusad3r

I see.

I started playing WoW when it was released, and quit shortly after because of school. I got up to around level 20? So I never made it very far into the game anyway. I have a new battle.net account now since I lost that account I made way back.

From what I understand then, is that WoW has become more party-play based? When I played, at least at my level, it was geared towards solo grind and occasionally having a raid with your guild.