Thread titleFromLast replied
Now searching...
Neoseeker Forums » » PC Games and Steam » selling steam accounts and such » Post Reply

Note to Guests: Neoseeker does not support warez of any kind. Any request for CD keys will be deleted or closed on sight, regardless of the situation. Thank you
REPLY TO A THREAD
Name:* Members, please LOGIN before posting
Email: We use this to display your Gravatar

Sign in with
Subject:*

HTML is not allowed
markup is allowed

Help with markup tags

Enabling Buttons in IE7

Smilies:
  ·all smilies here
:) :P ;) :( :| ;( :D :confused: :cool: :# :o ^_^ :colored: :thick:

hideOriginal Post

Nov 19, 12 at 7:17ambronze0800

i was jus reading a article about selling seam acounts. http://www.guardian.co.uk/technology/gamesblog/2012/jul/05/eu-used-digital-games-market

http://www.zdnet.com/oracle-cannot-block-the-resale-of-its-software-in-europe-7000000189/

i have a lot of games on steam and to be honest i dont really play them very much at all. most of the games i enjoy playing on pc have been ruined by the stupid game developers and such.

jus wondering is still illegal to sell your steam account ?

if its legal hows the best way to go about selling a steam account ?

Thread Recap (last 10 posts from newest to oldest)

Nov 20, 12 at 9:01am
bronze0800

quote Trafalgar
I'm not gonna lie, it's certainly something I've been thinking about, too. Once I get through my backlog of titles that I actually want to play and haven't been coerced into buying by Valve's ridiculous sales!

Steamcalculator says my account is worth $1864.76 USD, and to be honest I would be happy if I got maybe a third of that amount for it were I to sell. I would then use the money to re-purchase the few games I'd want to keep from my list, and still have a bunch of cash left over to, idk, survive what has been a particularly difficult year without relying on my student overdraft again!

I would be interested to find out if Valve has ever actually chased anyone up about this practice in the past..?

id be happy with £350

im considering moving out in the new year and that money could help buy household shit that ill need

Nov 20, 12 at 8:38am
Trafalgar

I'm not gonna lie, it's certainly something I've been thinking about, too. Once I get through my backlog of titles that I actually want to play and haven't been coerced into buying by Valve's ridiculous sales!

Steamcalculator says my account is worth $1864.76 USD, and to be honest I would be happy if I got maybe a third of that amount for it were I to sell. I would then use the money to re-purchase the few games I'd want to keep from my list, and still have a bunch of cash left over to, idk, survive what has been a particularly difficult year without relying on my student overdraft again!

I would be interested to find out if Valve has ever actually chased anyone up about this practice in the past..?

Nov 20, 12 at 6:19am
bronze0800

quote D Ray Silva
Bronze0800

Go on Steam, click "Community," at the top, then "Profile," underneath it, and then right-click and choose "copy page URL." Paste it somewhere to see what your ID is if you don't know.

So for example, mine is,

http://steamcommunity.com/id/tothehopeless/

but I only need the tothehopeless part for the calculator.

If it's still not working, I'm not sure what the problem is.
finally using a custom ID

£846.43!!!!

omfg!!!

Nov 20, 12 at 6:07am
D Ray Silva

Bronze0800

Go on Steam, click "Community," at the top, then "Profile," underneath it, and then right-click and choose "copy page URL." Paste it somewhere to see what your ID is if you don't know.

So for example, mine is,

http://steamcommunity.com/id/tothehopeless/

but I only need the tothehopeless part for the calculator.

If it's still not working, I'm not sure what the problem is.

Nov 20, 12 at 6:02am
bronze0800

quote D Ray Silva
Bronze0800 Hm. Works for me. Are you sure you're using your right Steam ID? It's whatever the name is on your community profile URL.

You also have to make sure your account isn't private. It wasn't working for me either at first, then I realized I wasn't using my right ID.

trying again if not heres list of my games
its finds my profile says i have 0 games and have been member since 1970

heres a list of the games thou i have

Homefront

Borderlands 2

Rogue Warrior
Counter-Strike: Global Offensive

Prototype 2 + Radnet

Football Manager 2011

Warhammer 40,000: Space Marine

Ridge Racer Unbounded Limited Edition Bonus (DLC4)

Ridge Racer Unbounded Retail (RoW)

Saints Row: The Third

Skyrim HD Texture Pack

SEGA Classics: Virtua Fighter 2

Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare (EU)

Worms Reloaded

Beat Hazard

Sonic Generations

E.Y.E.: Divine Cybermancy

Starwars Battlefront II

Flatout 3: Chaos and Destruction

Lord of the Rings: War in the North Retail

The Polynomial

RollerCoaster Tycoon 3: Platinum

Hydrophobia: Prophecy

Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim (UK)

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 Retail (RoW)

Duke Nukem Forever Retail (Intl)

Red Orchestra 2

Rage Anarchy

Rage Sewers DLC

Rage (UK/ROW)

Post Apocalyptic Mayhem - Chaos Pack DLC

Deus Ex Human Revolution (UK Only)

Dawn of War 2: Retribution
(EU)

Prototype

Brink Agents of Change DLC

Brink (UK)

Red Faction: Armageddon - Path to War DLC

Fallout New Vegas Retail

Grid (UK)
Sniper: Ghost Warrior

Prince of Persia Complete Pack

Audiosurf

Dungeon Siege III Limited Edition DLC Pack

Red Faction: Armageddon - Commando

Red Faction: Armageddon - Recon

Transformers: War for Cybertron

Battlefield Pack - June 2011

Valve Complete 2011 Pack

Borderlands GOTY

Dungeon Siege III

Red Faction: Armageddon

Post Apocalyptic Mayhem

Call of Duty: Black Ops

Napoleon: Total War

Total War: Shogun 2

Nov 20, 12 at 5:52am
D Ray Silva

Bronze0800 Hm. Works for me. Are you sure you're using your right Steam ID? It's whatever the name is on your community profile URL.

You also have to make sure your account isn't private. It wasn't working for me either at first, then I realized I wasn't using my right ID.

Nov 20, 12 at 5:47am
bronze0800

quote D Ray Silva
There's a few on Ebay here and there. I was considering selling mine for the same reason. And then I realized that I most likely wouldn't get anything near what it's worth.

http://www.steamcalculator.com/

Plus you know, Skyrim.

this doesnt work

either says ive been a member since 1970 or jus cant find my account

Nov 19, 12 at 6:05pm
Lorx

quote bronze0800
if you read the news articles in the links

its says u can pretty much sell them. kinda hard to exsplain enless you read the articles
You can't sell them specifically because of Steam's Terms of Service. If Valve ever goes into court with somebody saying "It's mine I should be able to sell it", they could change, but for now, it's not allowed by Valve, and could get your account nuked into the ground.

Legal blabber about being able to sell property, and games being property, etc etc, doesn't especially mean much when by using Steam you specifically sign off the right.

Nov 19, 12 at 5:49pm
D Ray Silva

There's a few on Ebay here and there. I was considering selling mine for the same reason. And then I realized that I most likely wouldn't get anything near what it's worth.

Plus you know, Skyrim.

quote harbin91
Wouldn't say it's illegal but against Steam's ToS and Subscriber Agreement, meaning that if you are caught you would probably be at risk of losing your account. The Steam account would be hard to change after selling it anyway since the username cannot be changed, and certain details would be stuck that way. If you lost it due to going against the ToS then you wouldn't have a legal right to claim.
You can change the steam ID, which changes the url and such. So the buyer could practically make it there own, even though their log in name would be stuck. But that's not the part that shows in game, so that shouldn't be a problem.

As far as it being against the Steam ToS... that might be a problem if you're not smart about it. lol

Nov 19, 12 at 5:43pm
D Ray Silva

Plus you know, Skyrim.