Thread titleFromLast replied
Now searching...
Neoseeker Forums » » Hardware, Builds and Overclocking » Help with picking a Graphics Card » Post Reply

Note to Guests: Advertising of any kind is not allowed in these forums!If you fix your problem on your own, please post a message describing how you fixed the issue so that others with a similar problem can use your method to fix their issue.
REPLY TO A THREAD
Name:* Members, please LOGIN before posting
Email: We use this to display your Gravatar

Sign in with
Subject:*

HTML is not allowed
markup is allowed

Help with markup tags

Enabling Buttons in IE7

Smilies:
  ·all smilies here
:) :P ;) :( :| ;( :D :confused: :cool: :# :o ^_^ :colored: :thick:

hideOriginal Post

Nov 18, 12 at 11:25pmjohn222

Hello, I am not too tech savvy, but I have an old computer that I want to have slightly upgraded. I have desktop with a Dell 0G3HR7 motherboard, and I would like to upgrade the graphics card. It is currently a Nvidia 310, and I was wondering what is the best graphics card that will work with my motherboard for about $200. I will be gaming with this machine. Thanks in advance.

Thread Recap (last 10 posts from newest to oldest)

Mar 20, 13 at 2:52am
N00b Killer

I do like that ASUS one with the two DVI ports. I need to upgrade my second monitor anyways so I might look into getting at least one with a data port so I can try out that triple monitor gaming

Mar 19, 13 at 6:20am
aaron6581230

quote N00b Killer
Don't want to create a new thread when there's already one so sorry for (again) high jacking this thread.

Lately, my current graphics card has been very loud. I looked around on the internet and tried just cleaning it out because dust could cause it to get stuck and all that. Anyways, it seemed to have helped with the noise for now but through researching what else could be wrong (just in case), I realized that my graphics card could use updating. I don't know very much about them though so I'm sort of confused when looking.
Here are my computer specs:
HP h8-1000z
AMD FX-6100 Six-Core Processor (3.30GHz)
8GB RAM
Gigabyte 2AC8 Motherboard
Not sure what sound card I have but this is what I want to upgrade.
AMD Radeon HD 6450, 1GB

I've been playing a lot more computer games recently and when my graphics card fan would get loud was when I would play a game, use Photoshop, or open iTunes. It may have just been dirty but I still wouldn't mind upgrading as I plan on doing more stuff in Photoshop/Illustrator in the future anyways.

I would say my budget is around $100 but if there's something that's a really good deal and a little over, I'll try and make it work. In all honesty, I'm sort of trying to look on Amazon because I have a gift card for there and it would help to save me some money (and slightly raise my budget).

Oh and I plan on using dual monitors but if it can support 3+ monitors, that'd be an added bonus. Obviously not necessary as that's asking a lot for a low price.

Edit: I've been sort of looking at this XFX AMD Radeon HD 7750 because it's right around what I was wanting to spend and it supports multiple monitors; has AMD Eyefinity which says it supports up to six monitors. Plus, looking on the official website for this card it even shows the main reason I want to use 3+ screens.

Download MSI Afterburner and monitor your fan speed/temperatures.

For that price, an HD7770 is definitely better for the price. You can find one on amazon for $109.99
http://www.amazon.com/Sapphire-Radeon-PCI-Express-Graphics-11201-17-20G/dp/B00A0HZOEA/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1363699043&sr=8-1&keywords=7770.

Here's one for $109.99 after rebates (this one has 2 DVI connections, HDMI, and Displayport instead of 1 of each; may be useful since you may not have Displayport monitors):
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814121632

Mar 18, 13 at 10:18pm
N00b Killer

Don't want to create a new thread when there's already one so sorry for (again) high jacking this thread.

Lately, my current graphics card has been very loud. I looked around on the internet and tried just cleaning it out because dust could cause it to get stuck and all that. Anyways, it seemed to have helped with the noise for now but through researching what else could be wrong (just in case), I realized that my graphics card could use updating. I don't know very much about them though so I'm sort of confused when looking.
Here are my computer specs:
HP h8-1000z
AMD FX-6100 Six-Core Processor (3.30GHz)
8GB RAM
Gigabyte 2AC8 Motherboard
Not sure what sound card I have but this is what I want to upgrade.
AMD Radeon HD 6450, 1GB

I've been playing a lot more computer games recently and when my graphics card fan would get loud was when I would play a game, use Photoshop, or open iTunes. It may have just been dirty but I still wouldn't mind upgrading as I plan on doing more stuff in Photoshop/Illustrator in the future anyways.

I would say my budget is around $100 but if there's something that's a really good deal and a little over, I'll try and make it work. In all honesty, I'm sort of trying to look on Amazon because I have a gift card for there and it would help to save me some money (and slightly raise my budget).

Oh and I plan on using dual monitors but if it can support 3+ monitors, that'd be an added bonus. Obviously not necessary as that's asking a lot for a low price.

Edit: I've been sort of looking at this XFX AMD Radeon HD 7750 because it's right around what I was wanting to spend and it supports multiple monitors; has AMD Eyefinity which says it supports up to six monitors. Plus, looking on the official website for this card it even shows the main reason I want to use 3+ screens.

Mar 09, 13 at 11:16pm
Gta_Kh2 freak

Ah, okay. Thanks for the reply!

Mar 07, 13 at 11:03am
aaron6581230

quote john222
Hello, I am not too tech savvy, but I have an old computer that I want to have slightly upgraded. I have desktop with a Dell 0G3HR7 motherboard, and I would like to upgrade the graphics card. It is currently a Nvidia 310, and I was wondering what is the best graphics card that will work with my motherboard for about $200. I will be gaming with this machine. Thanks in advance.
That board does contain a PCIe 16X slot, so you are good to go in terms of card compatibility. For $200, something like a 7850 or 7870 (if you can find it for the price) would be ideal.

Keep in mind you will need at least a good 400-500W power supply to have it run well. The best thing to do would be to open up your side panel, and take a peek inside at it (don't even need to touch anything). There should be a large sticker on the power supply. Simply post up the Amperage rating on the +12V rail and I'll let you know if you'll need an upgrade.

quote Jackieboy
hi, I'm replacing a failed GPU, not a gamer myself but fixing a casual gamer's PC. Unfortunately he is no help with my query so turning to you guys, hope you can help.
I need to replace an ASUS ENGTX275. The motherboard is M4N72-E
The PSU is 1050W
Anyone have a recommendation please to achieve similar or improved specification in the replacement GPU?
Budget up to 150 approx ($$ or euro)
Thanks
As I said, go with a 7850. If that's too expensive, a 7770 should suffice.

quote Gta_Kh2 freak
Hey, hope you guys don't mind me hijacking and necromancing this thread, but I'm not entirely tech-savvy as well and would like some feedback on the decision I am able to make.

I have an ASUS Desktop CM5571 model, the CPU is a Pentium Duel-Core, 2.70 GHz. Ram is 6.00 GB, and I have an integrated graphics card. I would like to upgrade from the integrated to a more dedicated one. I was thinking about getting this after researching around:

http://www.amazon.com/Sapphire-Radeon-PCI-Express-Graphics-11201-17-20G/dp/B00A0HZOEA

I'd like to keep the budget to around $120 or less. However, I do realized that PSU is also a factor when upgrading a graphics card, but I have no idea how to check the PSU for my computer and I don't want to unnecessarily open up the desktop yet since... well, I have no idea in the first place and I fear of screwing something up. I've had the desktop since 2009, so warranty is long gone.

Otherwise, is this a good buy for my computer? I would like to play a few games such as Minecraft, LoL, perhaps some more graphics concentrated games like DayZ, so to speak. I don't want high quality, just something that will last me the next good years or so and play these sorts of games very smoothly with decent graphics compared to the integrated graphics card. Also, if my current stock PSU is not good enough, what PSU do you guys recommend if I were to say that I want the total budget to be at least under $250?
Around $120, a 7770 would be a good choice. To check your power supply (it's not as scary as it seems), just read what I wrote above. For a 7770, all you need is something like a CX430 or CX500 anyway. The unit itself should cost maybe $50-$60 at most.

Mar 07, 13 at 12:21am
helen786

You can find some useful information from here.
http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/392003-33-graphics-card
http://www.dell.com/

Mar 01, 13 at 1:09pm
Gta_Kh2 freak

Hey, hope you guys don't mind me hijacking and necromancing this thread, but I'm not entirely tech-savvy as well and would like some feedback on the decision I am able to make.

I have an ASUS Desktop CM5571 model, the CPU is a Pentium Duel-Core, 2.70 GHz. Ram is 6.00 GB, and I have an integrated graphics card. I would like to upgrade from the integrated to a more dedicated one. I was thinking about getting this after researching around:

http://www.amazon.com/Sapphire-Radeon-PCI-Express-Graphics-11201-17-20G/dp/B00A0HZOEA

I'd like to keep the budget to around $120 or less. However, I do realized that PSU is also a factor when upgrading a graphics card, but I have no idea how to check the PSU for my computer and I don't want to unnecessarily open up the desktop yet since... well, I have no idea in the first place and I fear of screwing something up. I've had the desktop since 2009, so warranty is long gone.

Otherwise, is this a good buy for my computer? I would like to play a few games such as Minecraft, LoL, perhaps some more graphics concentrated games like DayZ, so to speak. I don't want high quality, just something that will last me the next good years or so and play these sorts of games very smoothly with decent graphics compared to the integrated graphics card. Also, if my current stock PSU is not good enough, what PSU do you guys recommend if I were to say that I want the total budget to be at least under $250?

Dec 06, 12 at 9:58am
bobbyg2

OP:

Pick one of the following combo deals, whichever is the best you can afford:

$133.98
$183.98
$198.98

Jackieboy:

$150
121.97 Euro OR 171.21 Euro

Dec 05, 12 at 9:19am
Jackieboy

hi, I'm replacing a failed GPU, not a gamer myself but fixing a casual gamer's PC. Unfortunately he is no help with my query so turning to you guys, hope you can help.
I need to replace an ASUS ENGTX275. The motherboard is M4N72-E
The PSU is 1050W
Anyone have a recommendation please to achieve similar or improved specification in the replacement GPU?
Budget up to 150 approx ($$ or euro)
Thanks

Nov 27, 12 at 4:22pm
Iceguy2003

That motherboard does have a PCI-e x16 slot, so you can put a nicer video card in there. What is your computer model? Is it an XPS 8100 series? That's just what google brought up when I looked for that motherboard.and what it could be in. If so, it seems that possibly come with a 350w PSU. If so, you probably won't power any $200 video cards, but there's a few upgrades that are possible. Something like a 9600GT has these requirements: *400W PCI ExpressR-compliant system power supply with a combined 12V current rating of 26A or more*. Check your PSU and give the stats if you can.