Thread titleFromLast replied
Now searching...
Neoseeker Forums » » » » Call of Duty: Black Ops II » Semi Auto Assault Rifle + Select Fire » Post Reply

Note to Guests: For the enjoyment of other visitors, and to help keep this forum tidy and working smoothly, please make sure you search the forum before posting your question.
REPLY TO A THREAD
Name:* Members, please LOGIN before posting
Email: We use this to display your Gravatar

Sign in with
Subject:*

HTML is not allowed
markup is allowed

Help with markup tags

Enabling Buttons in IE7

Smilies:
  ·all smilies here
:) :P ;) :( :| ;( :D :confused: :cool: :# :o ^_^ :colored: :thick:
Community Badges

Join to get access to all the badges!

hideOriginal Post

Nov 18, 12 at 11:43amAgent Mo

Anyone else tried this?

I was trying out weapons against bots and decided to give it a go, the FAL OSW in full-auto is actually pretty awesome. I can probably see this getting abused soon though, or maybe it's not as good as i think it is and i'm just being an idiot.

Thread Recap (last 10 posts from newest to oldest)

Nov 19, 12 at 11:06am
Talos

I have used the SMR with select fire, eotech, and suppressor. My overall kdr before using it was like 1.09 now its almost 1.3. I am getting insane amounts of kills and a high kdr with that. And im not sitting in the back with it either. Im playing aggressive but not super aggressive. I also use it on semi and still do amazing. But, has anyone else noticed that they put alot more semis and burst weapons in this game? i can think of 5, counting the chicom

Nov 19, 12 at 10:44am
Rude_Boy_Loves_SKA

quote blackomega34
I might be expressing an unpopular opinion, but I will express it anyway.

I think that select fire butchers semi automatic weapons.

I have always liked semi automatic weapons because I felt like * I * was firing the gun; a powerful one, at that. I felt like I had a powerful weapon with character and essence to it. SF turns it into yet another automatic weapon. I have always felt empowered with a sense of reputational security because I used the M14 in COD4, the FAL in MW2 and the M14 in BO. All of which were very unpopular weapons. I have a good trigger finger (I can kill someone faster than the BO M60 with a semi-automatic) and this quality (exclusive to semi-automatic weapons) has gone to waste because I would know there is an easier way.

I know I sound like a complaint machine, but it is what I think.
I feel exactly the same. Especially since the M14, FAL, and BOII's SMR are DMRs- they're supposed to be precision weapons, sort of "filling the gap" between assault rifles/carbines, and sniper rifles. I kind of wish they didn't have the attachment- though technically, some varients of each weapon are capable of automatic fire.

Just don't use the attachment. I've only seen one other person using the SMR. So if it's "your" weapon, then you're awesome, and if we ever meet in a match, we can give each other a little high-five before attempting to give each other a 7.62 lobotomy.

Nov 19, 12 at 8:01am
BlackLabel

If you can control the SMR that thing fully auto is pretty beast, but you pretty much have to play it as if you are running an LMG as the fire rate is too low to play the medium range game well. I guess it could be argued at that point that you may as well run something like the LSAT if it forces you to play long range and that's a fair point, but those that prefer the mobility of an AR may find a fully auto SMR something to check out.

Nov 19, 12 at 7:54am
blackomega34

I might be expressing an unpopular opinion, but I will express it anyway.

I think that select fire butchers semi automatic weapons.

I have always liked semi automatic weapons because I felt like * I * was firing the gun; a powerful one, at that. I felt like I had a powerful weapon with character and essence to it. SF turns it into yet another automatic weapon. I have always felt empowered with a sense of reputational security because I used the M14 in COD4, the FAL in MW2 and the M14 in BO. All of which were very unpopular weapons. I have a good trigger finger (I can kill someone faster than the BO M60 with a semi-automatic) and this quality (exclusive to semi-automatic weapons) has gone to waste because I would know there is an easier way.

I know I sound like a complaint machine, but it is what I think.

Nov 18, 12 at 10:41pm
cnc

FAL w/ select fire is one of my favorite weapons. Performs more like the MK.14 if you had a quick trigger finger.

Nov 18, 12 at 7:54pm
Rude_Boy_Loves_SKA

The SIG doesn't kill in one burst. It takes 2 for an enemy with full health.
It's good with full-auto, but again- not anywhere better than a normal full-auto.

Nov 18, 12 at 6:38pm
CrazeMatt

The SWAT-556, even though it's not technically semi-automatic, is much more usable full-auto. There's nearly no recoil when combined with a foregrip and it retains its three-shot-kill capability with the fire rate of somewhere around the PDW-57. It's definitely a way to level it up but it doesn't exactly outshine the Type 25 with a similar fire rate.

Nov 18, 12 at 12:37pm
Yogurt

They're good but like Rude Boy says, they're not any better than the other ARs.

Nov 18, 12 at 12:10pm
Rude_Boy_Loves_SKA

It's good, but really not any better than any other AR.
Especially since both of them have a slower rate of fire.

I'm not a fan of the attachment, though. If I had my way, I could make automatic ARs semi-auto. I prefer it.

Nov 18, 12 at 11:43am
Agent Mo

Anyone else tried this?

I was trying out weapons against bots and decided to give it a go, the FAL OSW in full-auto is actually pretty awesome. I can probably see this getting abused soon though, or maybe it's not as good as i think it is and i'm just being an idiot.