Thread titleFromLast replied
Now searching...
Neoseeker Forums » » » » World of Warcraft » is WOW (world of warcraft) really that good? » Post Reply

Note to Guests: For the enjoyment of other visitors, and to help keep this forum tidy and working smoothly, please make sure you search the forum before posting your question.
REPLY TO A THREAD
Name:* Members, please LOGIN before posting
Email: We use this to display your Gravatar

Sign in with
Subject:*

HTML is not allowed
markup is allowed

Help with markup tags

Enabling Buttons in IE7

Smilies:
  ·all smilies here
:) :P ;) :( :| ;( :D :confused: :cool: :# :o ^_^ :colored: :thick:

hideOriginal Post

Nov 17, 12 at 6:32pmeatyourHEARTout1

i currently do not own WOW (world of warcraft) but i have played it a few times on my friends account, and all my friends keep talking to me about the new update or something on it and how fun the game is. im just wondering is it really worth the money? and if i dont have a pc built for gaming is that another issue?

opinions please ???

Thread Recap (last 10 posts from newest to oldest)

Apr 22, 13 at 6:25am
harhis23

quote Hugh
Games being good is more of an opinion rather than a fact.

If you are into this genre of game then of course you'll enjoy it - it's hard for you to get an unbiased opinion just because most of the guys who hover around here will be avid players with a whole lot of good things to say about it.
Dude, he's got the game already and in fact, he said he likes it. Therefore, the guys hovering around this thread aren't biased at all. WoW is no doubt a great game and worth the price. The more you play it, the more you'll like it.

Feb 22, 13 at 12:06am
Dududa

It's really fun. There's huge world to explore, people from all over the world and it's just fun!

Jan 29, 13 at 6:04am
Hugh

Hi Eatyourheartout1,

Games being good is more of an opinion rather than a fact.

If you are into this genre of game then of course you'll enjoy it - it's hard for you to get an unbiased opinion just because most of the guys who hover around here will be avid players with a whole lot of good things to say about it.

I'd say it's good, can get boring, is really enjoyable when you've got something to do, and is best played with a friend or a group, especially when you've got a microphone to keep in touch with whoever you are playing with.

However, as I said that's an opinion - I see you've purchased the game anyway and I'm pretty certain you'll enjoy it to an extent if it's interested you enough to post on the forum to ask about it.

Cheers.

Jan 22, 13 at 1:16pm
eatyourHEARTout1

thanks guys this helped alot i have now got the game and after i understand most of it its actually quite cool to play

Jan 21, 13 at 10:04pm
neskogen

quote Wodenia2
WoW is totally self-contained. It makes next to no use of the guts of Windows. For that reason, it's a lot gentler on system resources than many other Windows applications. It also has five different graphics quality settings, so if you find your game isn't running the way you want it to, you can reduce the graphics quality and sacrifice a bit of visual appeal for a faster-running game. If you're questing, you can do just fine on a seven-year-old computer. If you're doing player-versus-player combat, running dungeons, or frequenting crowded areas such as the Trade District of Stormwind or Goldshire in Elwynn Forest on busy servers, you could need a somewhat faster machine. But the downside is that, because the WoW folder pretty much does everything Windows does independently from Windows, it's a 20-gig download, so without a decent internet connection the download could take a very long time.
I believe that you in World of Warcraft, you continue to grow, but also bring you a lot of joy.

Jan 03, 13 at 6:58am
BluePhoenix

Yes. It's got Dragons and Demons and level after level of fishing skill.

Jan 02, 13 at 10:33pm
heartache

I've played it a couple of times and i think i understand its phenomenon. You just have to play it more than one or twice to understand it. I think it's about whole, great world, you can explore in wow or something like that.

Nov 26, 12 at 8:09pm
eatyourHEARTout1

yes that helped alot, sorry for the late reply. and thank you very much

quote Wodenia2
Just a couple of details the other posters didn't mention.

WoW is totally self-contained. It makes next to no use of the guts of Windows. For that reason, it's a lot gentler on system resources than many other Windows applications. It also has five different graphics quality settings, so if you find your game isn't running the way you want it to, you can reduce the graphics quality and sacrifice a bit of visual appeal for a faster-running game. If you're questing, you can do just fine on a seven-year-old computer. If you're doing player-versus-player combat, running dungeons, or frequenting crowded areas such as the Trade District of Stormwind or Goldshire in Elwynn Forest on busy servers, you could need a somewhat faster machine. But the downside is that, because the WoW folder pretty much does everything Windows does independently from Windows, it's a 20-gig download, so without a decent internet connection the download could take a very long time.

The other thing is that the basic package costs $19.99 to register and includes the original WoW ("vanilla") as well as the Burning Crusade and Wrath of the Lich King expansions, which means it now takes you up to level 80 and unlocks pretty much everything other than Worgen, Goblin and Pandaren characters. To get Worgen and Goblin, you have to buy the Cataclysm expansion, which takes you from level 81 to level 85, and to get Pandaren, you have to buy the latest expansion, Mists of Pandaria, which takes you from level 86 to level 90. I don't want the forum moderators to get upset with me, but I have to be frank in expressing my opinion here. The Cataclysm and Mists of Pandaria expansions combined cost $39.99, which is twice as much as the basic package, so you're paying twice as much for the top 10 levels as you are paying for the first 80 levels. That seems to me to be a very bad deal. Most WoW players disagree because they concentrate on level 90 play and deprecate everything from level 1 to level 89, but as someone who's brand new to the game, you'd be best advised to start with a trial account, see how like it, and then try the basic package for twenty bucks before you decide to blow another forty on the top 10 levels. It'll take you a while to get your character to level 80 anyway, and then you might end up wanting to experiment with other characters that are different, so you could be looking for as much as 12 months of steady play before you have to worry about level 81.

Hope this helps.

Nov 26, 12 at 1:58pm
Avalith

quote Wodenia2
The other thing is that the basic package costs $19.99 to register and includes the original WoW ("vanilla") as well as the Burning Crusade and Wrath of the Lich King expansions, which means it now takes you up to level 80 and unlocks pretty much everything other than Worgen, Goblin and Pandaren characters. To get Worgen and Goblin, you have to buy the Cataclysm expansion, which takes you from level 81 to level 85, and to get Pandaren, you have to buy the latest expansion, Mists of Pandaria, which takes you from level 86 to level 90.
This little bit of information isn't completely accurate. As of patch 5.0.4, any account level has access to any race.

Nov 25, 12 at 7:16pm
Wodenia2

Just a couple of details the other posters didn't mention.

The other thing is that the basic package costs $19.99 to register and includes the original WoW ("vanilla") as well as the Burning Crusade and Wrath of the Lich King expansions, which means it now takes you up to level 80 and unlocks pretty much everything other than Worgen, Goblin and Pandaren characters. To get Worgen and Goblin, you have to buy the Cataclysm expansion, which takes you from level 81 to level 85, and to get Pandaren, you have to buy the latest expansion, Mists of Pandaria, which takes you from level 86 to level 90. I don't want the forum moderators to get upset with me, but I have to be frank in expressing my opinion here. The Cataclysm and Mists of Pandaria expansions combined cost $39.99, which is twice as much as the basic package, so you're paying twice as much for the top 10 levels as you are paying for the first 80 levels. That seems to me to be a very bad deal. Most WoW players disagree because they concentrate on level 90 play and deprecate everything from level 1 to level 89, but as someone who's brand new to the game, you'd be best advised to start with a trial account, see how like it, and then try the basic package for twenty bucks before you decide to blow another forty on the top 10 levels. It'll take you a while to get your character to level 80 anyway, and then you might end up wanting to experiment with other characters that are different, so you could be looking for as much as 12 months of steady play before you have to worry about level 81.

Hope this helps.