Thread titleFromLast replied
Now searching...
Neoseeker Forums » » Hardware, Builds and Overclocking » Internet access » Post Reply

Note to Guests: Advertising of any kind is not allowed in these forums!If you fix your problem on your own, please post a message describing how you fixed the issue so that others with a similar problem can use your method to fix their issue.
REPLY TO A THREAD
Name:* Members, please LOGIN before posting
Email: We use this to display your Gravatar

Sign in with
Subject:*

HTML is not allowed
markup is allowed

Help with markup tags

Enabling Buttons in IE7

Smilies:
  ·all smilies here
:) :P ;) :( :| ;( :D :confused: :cool: :# :o ^_^ :colored: :thick:

hideOriginal Post

Nov 17, 12 at 9:06amShirzen

Just built the computer I listed a few days ago on this forum. It booted, I installed Windows7 without a hitch and I'm very pleased with it... I just have a few questions.

I haven't installed any drivers for anything, I cannot connect to the internet through wireless or hardline connections, and my monitor is being a punk.

I didn't install a wireless network card, it slipped my mind in the original build and I hoped it might be built in somehow to something I installed. I figured the hardline would work, it only made sense... since it doesn't, what am I missing or what have I messed up?

The monitor displays my max resolution but it keeps certain margins on the sides, top and bottom. It's like the monitor decided to center my display and only allow me to use the center. In the monitor settings, there is an Aspect Ratio option but it is greyed out. I've tampered with every other setting to try and unlock the Aspect Ratio, but it's still greyed out.

I suspect I am missing something important. Never built before and I followed a video from Newegg that correctly assembled everything... I just don't see where the problem is.

Thread Recap (last 10 posts from newest to oldest)

Nov 17, 12 at 3:49pm
Shirzen

Learned the hard way that monitors don't come with speakers all the time, that power supplies can be modular and I have 852936723 cables I don't need, and that I need a network card to receive wireless internet.

Posting from the computer I built though and everything is working properly now. I'm very content and I'm glad I had your help! Much appreciated,
Shirzen

Nov 17, 12 at 12:26pm
The Slayer

7th one down: Realtek Lan driver ver:7048

Download that.

Nov 17, 12 at 12:08pm
Shirzen

http://www.asrock.com/MB/overview.asp?cat=Download&os=Win764&Model=Z75%20Pro3

This is the list I'm looking at. I see no driver named LAN, but this is what falls under my MoBo's list

Nov 17, 12 at 11:22am
Ren of Heavens

Is there driver named LAN in the list?

Nov 17, 12 at 11:05am
Shirzen

Okay, deeper question - I'm on the ASRock page to download drivers and there are so many that I don't even know where to start. I thought it was a simple single driver for the motherboard. What do I actually need first? Once I have internet capability, I can go through a check to update and provide any missing drivers.

Nov 17, 12 at 11:01am
The Slayer

If you have another computer that connects to the internet, you can use that to download the drivers instead, copy them to the drive and install them on the computer.

Motherboard, video card and any extra add-on cards will all need a driver and that should be it.

Nov 17, 12 at 10:50am
Shirzen

I'm in the process of moving cross-country, so I've mistakenly packed my box full of the manuals and warranties and didn't label it to find it again. I figure I can download the drivers to my flash drive and install them that way, but I don't know what all requires a driver. So far I know the graphics card and motherboard, since you've mentioned them. Any others of necessity at this point?

Nov 17, 12 at 9:57am
The Slayer

quote Shirzen
I haven't installed any drivers for anything
Thats your problem right there. Your motherboard and video card should have came with a driver disk. Install the drivers off the disk and that should solve all your problems. Once you connect to the internet, you can then download more up to date drivers too.

Nov 17, 12 at 9:06am
Shirzen

Just built the computer I listed a few days ago on this forum. It booted, I installed Windows7 without a hitch and I'm very pleased with it... I just have a few questions.

I haven't installed any drivers for anything, I cannot connect to the internet through wireless or hardline connections, and my monitor is being a punk.

I didn't install a wireless network card, it slipped my mind in the original build and I hoped it might be built in somehow to something I installed. I figured the hardline would work, it only made sense... since it doesn't, what am I missing or what have I messed up?

The monitor displays my max resolution but it keeps certain margins on the sides, top and bottom. It's like the monitor decided to center my display and only allow me to use the center. In the monitor settings, there is an Aspect Ratio option but it is greyed out. I've tampered with every other setting to try and unlock the Aspect Ratio, but it's still greyed out.

I suspect I am missing something important. Never built before and I followed a video from Newegg that correctly assembled everything... I just don't see where the problem is.