Thread titleFromLast replied
Now searching...
Neoseeker Forums » » » » Assassin's Creed III » Thanksgiving Patch for AC3 on its way! » Post Reply

Note to Guests: For the enjoyment of other visitors, and to help keep this forum tidy and working smoothly, please make sure you search the forum before posting your question.
REPLY TO A THREAD
Name:* Members, please LOGIN before posting
Email: We use this to display your Gravatar

Sign in with
Subject:*

HTML is not allowed
markup is allowed

Help with markup tags

Enabling Buttons in IE7

Smilies:
  ·all smilies here
:) :P ;) :( :| ;( :D :confused: :cool: :# :o ^_^ :colored: :thick:
Community Badges

Join to get access to all the badges!

Abstergo Pirate Assassin Pirate Assassin Pirate Assassin Pirate Assassin Pirate Assassin Pirate Assassin Unity Altair Arno Assassin Connor Ezio

hideOriginal Post

Nov 16, 12 at 8:18amDarshD

SPOILER-FREE post by Ubi-Gabe

DETAILED and SPOILER FILLED post

quote Ubi-Gabe
Hey there Assassins!

Since launch, we’ve been meticulously pouring through your comments and discussing with our Forum Managers, Customer Support Representatives, Developers… basically coordinating across every team involved in the creation and maintenance of Assassin’s Creed III, both single- and multiplayer.

With a game the size and scope of Assassin’s Creed III, it has taken an equally humongous community to ferret out the code gremlins waiting to unleash their treachery… but you’ve risen to the occasion admirably and have not hesitated to alert us on every communication channel available to you, be it Facebook, Twitter, our Forums or Customer Support call centers.

Here are just a few of the issues we are addressing in our next patch (which we’re calling the Thanksgiving Patch), due out by the end of next week:
· SINGLE-PLAYER - Returned Connor’s hood to normal behavior at the end of the game (hood remains up when in Frontier or Cities)
· SINGLE-PLAYER - Reduced difficulty of certain chases
· SINGLE PLAYER – Fixed Various visual glitches
· SINGLE-PLAYER - Fixed player spawn points to reduce desynch on spawn
· SINGLE PLAYER – Fixed rare occurrences of glitches blocking your progression in the main story & secondary missions
· MULTIPLAYER – Tweaked settings to improve connections
· MULTIPLAYER – Tweaked some of the abilities and other gameplay elements
· MULTIPLAYER – Fixed some issues with ranking

For a full list of fixes, click this link (CAUTION SPOILERS MAY BE PRESENT IN BUGFIX DESCRIPTIONS):
http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php...poilers-Forums

As stated above, this first patch is nearly complete and we should be rolling it out by the end of next week (provided everything goes according to plan). We will also continue working to resolve any remaining issues that have been reported (yeah, there are a few we didn’t get to in this one).

We’ll speak again before the month is out Assassins!
UbiGabe

For backup purpose only, please do not open the box below if you haven't completed the game yet-

No mention of the Limited mode, UPLAY Linking and unavailable Ubisoft services problem

Thread Recap (last 10 posts from newest to oldest)

Jul 20, 13 at 2:17am
Altair1555

Thanks for the patch but I kinda want to toggle his hood because I think he looks cool with and without the hood but if you don't put the toggle hood in ac3 at least put it in ac4 black flag because I'm dying to get this game and it will be amazing with a toggle hood option, thanks ubisoft keep making great ac games

Dec 04, 12 at 7:26pm
mckennan

They should make a thing were you can drop your hood and, bring it up with a cirtin like R1+X

Nov 28, 12 at 6:59am
Jet Odessa

quote abelardog
Nobody had problems with the map icons....I keep gettin liberation missions icons and when I get there there is nothin. I haven't been able to get all the assassins cause I don't know where the missions are
I had the opposite problem, no markers, so I had to walk all over the place looking for the last of the missions to be able to recruit my assassin.

Nov 27, 12 at 12:35pm
abelardog

Nobody had problems with the map icons....I keep gettin liberation missions icons and when I get there there is nothin. I haven't been able to get all the assassins cause I don't know where the missions are

Nov 22, 12 at 10:27pm
adlkfasd

grrr! it liked him more without his hood!

BUT I HATE SO MUCH THIS STUPID SHAVE/MOWHAK/WHATEVER NEW HAIRCUT! whyyyyyyy? seriously! why they didn't just keep his freaking normal haircut!? it was fine! i hope if they do another assassins creed his old haircut will be back... grrr! that pissed me off... i hate mowhak haircuts

Nov 17, 12 at 7:51pm
xWarriorOfLegendx

Glad we've got a patch heading our way,
Even from the get-go I adored this game but thought it could use a bit more polish due to the amount of glitches.

Kinda glad they're fixing the hood tbh. I'm not a big fan of Connor with the mohawk.
Still, a lot of people have become attached to having the hood down so I can't see why Ubisoft wouldnt keep it as an option
(They probably won't but they SHOULD)

Nov 17, 12 at 10:20am
Shinobi_razor

quote Dragoon
It's true. It's on purpose, there simply wasn't enough room to accommodate a cutscene for each costume colour. They revealed it in the AMA they did on Reddit the other day.
Really? The only difference is the color, how is there not enough room to simply tell the game to put a different texture file on Connor? It's not like his wireframe is changing at all.

Nov 17, 12 at 8:47am
Mobious one

quote DarshD
ACIII: Liberation heroine doesn't wear a hood by the way lol
Well...actually you can buy the hood in-game for almost nothing...but yeah, her main costume doesn't have it

Nov 17, 12 at 3:18am
Hurricarno

Looks pretty good. A fair few glitches I had while playing look like they have been fixed, except that weird Underground one. I don't like that they are making single player parts easier though. There should be a bit of a challenge at points in the game.

Having the Hood back up on the Assassins suit is good as well. Especially with Connor's horrible Haircut with that suit at the end of the game. Strangely other suits have a different hair style though.

Nov 16, 12 at 3:57pm
Dragoon

It's true. It's on purpose, there simply wasn't enough room to accommodate a cutscene for each costume colour. They revealed it in the AMA they did on Reddit the other day.