Thread titleFromLast replied
Now searching...
Neoseeker Forums » » Hardware, Builds and Overclocking » i7 3770k, i7 3770, or i5 2500k? » Post Reply

Note to Guests: Advertising of any kind is not allowed in these forums!If you fix your problem on your own, please post a message describing how you fixed the issue so that others with a similar problem can use your method to fix their issue.
REPLY TO A THREAD
Name:* Members, please LOGIN before posting
Email: We use this to display your Gravatar

Sign in with
Subject:*

HTML is not allowed
markup is allowed

Help with markup tags

Enabling Buttons in IE7

Smilies:
  ·all smilies here
:) :P ;) :( :| ;( :D :confused: :cool: :# :o ^_^ :colored: :thick:

hideOriginal Post

Nov 15, 12 at 7:10pmsmurfinurmom

Hello, I am looking to upgrade my processor to either of the three listed above (i7 3770k, i7 3770, or i5 2500k). I, mainly, wish to upgrade so that I may livestream in 720p+ (i have been livestreaming in very high quality lately, but full 720p will make my processor lag which is a AMD Phenom II X4 965 Black Edition which can play almost every game i throw at it on ultra (crisis 2 is pretty much the only thing I cant play normally w/o streaming on ultra) (that was alot of parentheses) and continue editing and using multiple applications in the adobe suite. Please, if you can, help me make a decision on what should be best for me.

Thread Recap (last 10 posts from newest to oldest)

Nov 16, 12 at 10:49pm
PureOCJim

Ivybridge is on average 5% better core for core than SandyBridge if this helps.

Nov 16, 12 at 6:50am
hiigaran

quote smurfinurmom
quote hiigaran
id go for the 3770 if youre not overclocking. if you are, get the K version. clock for clock, the ivy bridge processors are 7 to 15% faster than sandy bridge, and they use less power.
Ive heard that as well as that ivy bridge runs alot hotter than sandy bridge
yes and no. the problem is between the chip itself, and the heat spreader on it. however, this is absolutely no problem whatsoever if you arent overclocking. even then, the 'running hotter' thing is blown out of proportion. you can still overclock if need be.

even then, suppose it runs much hotter...so what? its still faster, and uses less power, and the noise difference wont be much, if at all.

Nov 16, 12 at 5:17am
smurfinurmom

quote Crusad3r
I'd actually try the i7 2600k and overclock it. Works wonders in my PC with live streaming. I could live stream Borderlands 2 with PhysX running.
Ive been checking around and Ive found that the i5 2500k is amazing but that the i7 will be considerably better of I will be doing alot of editing (which I will, about 8 hours a day) and be the same as gaming that the i5 would but that the i7, in my situation, would benefit me more. Thanks for your help

Nov 16, 12 at 4:56am
smurfinurmom

quote hiigaran
id go for the 3770 if youre not overclocking. if you are, get the K version. clock for clock, the ivy bridge processors are 7 to 15% faster than sandy bridge, and they use less power.
Ive heard that as well as that ivy bridge runs alot hotter than sandy bridge

Nov 16, 12 at 4:49am
smurfinurmom

quote Crusad3r
I'd actually try the i7 2600k and overclock it. Works wonders in my PC with live streaming. I could live stream Borderlands 2 with PhysX running.
Fullscreen as well? (have to check my bases)

Nov 16, 12 at 1:57am
hiigaran

Nov 16, 12 at 12:30am
Crusad3r

Nov 15, 12 at 7:10pm
smurfinurmom

Hello, I am looking to upgrade my processor to either of the three listed above (i7 3770k, i7 3770, or i5 2500k). I, mainly, wish to upgrade so that I may livestream in 720p+ (i have been livestreaming in very high quality lately, but full 720p will make my processor lag which is a AMD Phenom II X4 965 Black Edition which can play almost every game i throw at it on ultra (crisis 2 is pretty much the only thing I cant play normally w/o streaming on ultra) (that was alot of parentheses) and continue editing and using multiple applications in the adobe suite. Please, if you can, help me make a decision on what should be best for me.