Thread titleFromLast replied
Now searching...
Neoseeker Forums » » Gaming Lounge » Black Friday sale highlights from GameStop, Best Buy, Toys R Us and more » Post Reply

REPLY TO A THREAD
Name:* Members, please LOGIN before posting
Email: We use this to display your Gravatar

Sign in with
Subject:*

HTML is not allowed
markup is allowed

Help with markup tags

Enabling Buttons in IE7

Smilies:
  ·all smilies here
:) :P ;) :( :| ;( :D :confused: :cool: :# :o ^_^ :colored: :thick:
Note to Guests: For the enjoyment of other visitors, and to help keep this forum tidy and working smoothly, please make sure you search the forum before posting your question.

hideOriginal Post

Nov 15, 12 at 4:49pmbluexy

Thread Recap (last 10 posts from newest to oldest)

Nov 18, 12 at 12:52pm
nnnddd101010

LZ Schneider That was back when the PS3 was $300 (slim had just came out, IIRC). I got the console, one controller, one retail game, one PSN game, and one blu-ray. Some other stores had two retail games instead of one and a PSN game, but I preferred the game that came with my bundle.

LOD-squa Sears and Walmart (as well as Amazon) are where I have bought stuff online for Black Friday. But I don't know if all deals are available online. Walmart has some sweet deals this year, but as you all probably know, they are all about getting people into the stores, and don't really have much in stock. So, I'm trying to find out if their videogame deals are available online. If they turn out to be only in store...I'll just wait and see if Amazon price matches, or until Cyber Monday. No chance in hell of me going out to a store.

Nov 17, 12 at 4:08am
D Ray Silva

quote Lorx
I'll keep an eye out for 3DS sales, but other than that I'll pass on any games from retail stores, Steam always beats their prices easily, multiple times a year.
Steam Black Friday and Christmas sales is hard to beat anywhere.

Nov 16, 12 at 10:57pm
LOD-squa

quote nnnddd101010
A lot of sales are online now too though. I bought my PS3 online on Black Friday a few years ago, and last year I bought some games online too.
Like where? Anything specific that is worth it today? I would be ok with purchasing stuff early instead of going out of my way.

Nov 16, 12 at 10:09pm
LZ Schneider

quote nnnddd101010
A lot of sales are online now too though. I bought my PS3 online on Black Friday a few years ago, and last year I bought some games online too.
For how much were you able to get that PS3?

Nov 16, 12 at 7:34pm
nnnddd101010

Nov 16, 12 at 1:22pm
nerogr28655

From someone who works at walmart, for us to post in the black friday sales paper we have to have atleast 2 of the items. Like last year all of our 25$ ps3 and xbox 360 games we only put 6 copies of each out. The tvs and whatnot we had anywhere from 5-25, so if there something you really want better go early lol

Nov 16, 12 at 10:17am
LOD-squa

quote Zombie_Barioth
Both the 250GB Xbox360 and Vita bundles look tempting. Unfortunately I don't drive and nobody I know is going, they don't see the point in Black Friday.

The Vita bundle looks tempting since that is one of the games I would like to play on the system. But I'm a cheap ass person and sometimes I'll just avoid spending money.

Nov 16, 12 at 6:18am
Shadow of Death

quote bluexy
Wal-Mart's goal is just to get people in the store. Don't be surprised if many stores have very little inventory, but some early folk may get lucky.
Yeah, I've read up on that trickery. They get by by technically having it in stock...One unit >_>

A lot of deals aren't really deals at all too. Some stuff actually goes UP in price.

That's not to say there aren't any deals to be had on Black Friday, you just have to be lucky and/or know what to look for (do research!).

I'm in Canada though, so we don't really get Black Friday. We do have boxing week sales though.

Nov 15, 12 at 9:14pm
Zombie_Barioth

Both the 250GB Xbox360 and Vita bundles look tempting. Unfortunately I don't drive and nobody I know is going, they don't see the point in Black Friday.

Nov 15, 12 at 9:05pm
batsman

Well around the hollydays some actually make things more expensive here
Ofcourse we got discounts on all kinds of things, just nowhere near as good as this

Games cost 80 dolar on average here nowadays, if you get one for 60 thats a really good deal
But ive only seen that twice