Subject:*

HTML is not allowed
markup is allowed

Help with markup tags

Enabling Buttons in IE7

Smilies:
  ·all smilies here
:) :P ;) :( :| ;( :D :confused: :cool: :# :o ^_^ :colored: :thick:
Note to Guests: For the enjoyment of other visitors, and to help keep this forum tidy and working smoothly, please make sure you search the forum before posting your question.

hideOriginal Post

Nov 15, 12 at 11:21ampriest1feast

Hi guys I have a slight problem and I didn't know where or who to ask. So I asked a friend for his battle net account to play Diablo 3 but when I tried to log in battle.net the account locked and I couldn't retrieve it for a series of reasons. So I wrote them a ticked and they told me that in order to unlock the account I have to send them a picture of the owners ID card or drivers license. I did that too but I'm not sure to whom I should address the e-mail, I mean the e-mail that I received was from noreply@blizzard.com but they didn't give me an exact address for my reply, so I replied to that same address (noreply@blizzard.com) so will they see my response or is this only an automated message and no man actually saw my reply?

Thread Recap (last 10 posts from newest to oldest)

Dec 16, 12 at 9:27pm
harhis23

I hope this problem has already been solved. Otherwise, here's what you can do:
Go to this link: https://sea.battle.net/support/en/article/contact
There is an option that says, "Unlock Battle.net Account" just follow the steps.
Or, in that same page, scroll down a bit and you can see a "Submit A Ticket" button.
I had this very same problem before because I used by cousin's account and it took about a couple of days for him to log into his account back.

Nov 30, 12 at 10:43am
PlaystationGuru

Hopefully its just a temporary lock and not permanently locked. I would have him call Blizzard and fix things up so u can play the games he was playing. OR better yet buy ur own its worth the $$.

Nov 15, 12 at 7:11pm
Rey

A few clicks away I stumbled upon this little page

https://eu.battle.net/support/en/article/banned-disabled-or-locked-account

You can find it at the bottom of the page
quote battle.net
Account Disabled
If you are receiving the message "Your account has been disabled" when logging into the game client, this means your account has been temporarily locked. An account may be locked for several reasons, including ownership disputes and compromise prevention. Please check your registered email address for official correspondence from Blizzard Entertainment, as we may have already contacted you about the lock.
If you have received an email from one of our Support departments regarding the lock, be sure to follow any instructions included in the email. If you have not received any emails regarding the lock, contact us.

Note: The "contact us" is a link you can use, no need to log in.

Also, i should mention, they have a list of phone numbers . Calling one of this numbers will probably solve the problem much faster then e-mailing .

goodluck

Nov 15, 12 at 12:51pm
priest1feast

But to send a ticket he will need to log in which is impossible because his account is locked...

Nov 15, 12 at 12:42pm
Crusad3r

No, you cannot reply to that email address since it's an automatic reply.

Also, this is why you buy your own games.

You will need your friend to send the ticket in I'm afraid.

Nov 15, 12 at 12:37pm
priest1feast

Ok, here is the whole story.
I asked a friend of mine to give me his battle.net account as he is not using any more for any of blizzards games. He gave it to me but when I tried to log into their website the auto-lock due to "suspicious activity" triggered. I tried to unlock it but it wants the secret answer or the first 6 digits of a game added to the account. The problem is, he bought this account as a WoW account before blizzard merged all their games accounts in the battle.net account and he bought it from another man with characters and stuff. Unfortunately he never asked the previous owner of the account for the secret answer or the serial code of the WoW copy, so I couldn't use those, when I asked him for the serial code of the Diablo 3 copy, he said he bought a digital copy online and unfortunately it adds the game to your account automatically without giving you any serial code, so there was no way to unlock it. I wrote a ticket to blizzards support and they told me they can still send a password reset to the email registered on the account but they need to be sure that all this happens with the owner knowing and I am not trying to steal the account so they wanted me to email them a photo or copy of an ID card of the owner of the account.
a blizzards employee (a real human being, not a bot) contacted me through an email address of noreply@blizzard.com and I just replied to that address. So my question is: can they read my reply that way or is this just an automated message and I have to send my reply to a different address.
PS: The email I received did not say anything about sending my response to a different address.

Nov 15, 12 at 11:39am
Crusad3r

wait wait wait.. what?

Your friend gave you his battle.net account to play Diablo 3 on. Did it have an authenticator attached to it?

Blizzard does not require any ID when you send them a ticket, so you obviously sent it to the wrong place. You did something very very wrong somewhere.

Nov 15, 12 at 11:21am
priest1feast

Hi guys I have a slight problem and I didn't know where or who to ask. So I asked a friend for his battle net account to play Diablo 3 but when I tried to log in battle.net the account locked and I couldn't retrieve it for a series of reasons. So I wrote them a ticked and they told me that in order to unlock the account I have to send them a picture of the owners ID card or drivers license. I did that too but I'm not sure to whom I should address the e-mail, I mean the e-mail that I received was from noreply@blizzard.com but they didn't give me an exact address for my reply, so I replied to that same address (noreply@blizzard.com) so will they see my response or is this only an automated message and no man actually saw my reply?