Thread titleFromLast replied
Now searching...
Neoseeker Forums » » Hardware, Builds and Overclocking » laptop upgrade? » Post Reply

Note to Guests: Advertising of any kind is not allowed in these forums!If you fix your problem on your own, please post a message describing how you fixed the issue so that others with a similar problem can use your method to fix their issue.
REPLY TO A THREAD
Name:* Members, please LOGIN before posting
Email: We use this to display your Gravatar

Sign in with
Subject:*

HTML is not allowed
markup is allowed

Help with markup tags

Enabling Buttons in IE7

Smilies:
  ·all smilies here
:) :P ;) :( :| ;( :D :confused: :cool: :# :o ^_^ :colored: :thick:

Thread Recap (last 10 posts from newest to oldest)

Nov 15, 12 at 5:19am
Ren of Heavens

Drive replacements are generally very simple, once you've worked out how to gain access to it.

Cloning the drive is possible but a little more in-depth, if you do a straight clone you won't get the full performance unless the tool adjusts the sector alignment for SSDs too. There's a guide on doing it here.

Nov 14, 12 at 9:20pm
Silver_StarNC

Also, cooling may be a challenge. You can modify the case to allow for more air vents/fans, but ultimately, a laptop cooling pad is the best you can really do.

Nov 14, 12 at 9:18pm
Silver_StarNC

Not very hard. I use a Toshiba laptop and I replaced the CPU, hard drive, RAM and battery on it.

Most manufacturers allow you to purchase hard drives and solid state discs directly from them. They aren't very hard to install, just look up a guide on the internet.

Nov 14, 12 at 7:39pm
Crusad3r

Laptops generally aren't meant to be upgraded. The parts for each laptop are almost specifically made for that laptop. Even laptop repair centres must order parts from the manufacturer.

Nov 14, 12 at 6:41pm
bronze0800

im considering upgrading some of my laptop hardware and software

since the release of windows 8

jus wondering how hard it is to fit a SSD into a laptop. also is there a way i can do this without having to wipe my current hard drive and loose all my programmes. is it possible to clone my current hard drive and jus copy everything including windows and all my programmes to the new SSD when its installed. then download and replace windows and 7- with windows 8.

on a side note is it possible to improve laptop cooling. so i dont have keep sitting at the table using a cool pad. if i dont the laptop overheats really quickly when i play games.

thank you