Thread titleFromLast replied
Now searching...
Neoseeker Forums » » Hardware, Builds and Overclocking » OCZ Agility 4 256GB SSD Review » Post Reply

Note to Guests: Advertising of any kind is not allowed in these forums!If you fix your problem on your own, please post a message describing how you fixed the issue so that others with a similar problem can use your method to fix their issue.
REPLY TO A THREAD
Name:* Members, please LOGIN before posting
Email: We use this to display your Gravatar

Sign in with
Subject:*

HTML is not allowed
markup is allowed

Help with markup tags

Enabling Buttons in IE7

Smilies:
  ·all smilies here
:) :P ;) :( :| ;( :D :confused: :cool: :# :o ^_^ :colored: :thick:

Thread Recap (last 10 posts from newest to oldest)

Nov 14, 12 at 7:13pm
Cryonicstate

I was surprised by the performance myself, but anytime we do a review we make sure we have the latest drivers for all of our hardware. The firmware for the Agility was updated to the latest which is 1.52 using OCZ's SSD toolbox. And to make sure the test was valid I ran them twice.

Nov 14, 12 at 6:53pm
Shadow of Death

Hrmmm, I wonder what aspect of the hardware causes it to perform so much worse than the ForceGT at times.

Regardless, in recent years SSDs have been doing better than HDDs in every category except cost per GB, longevity, and total capacity, having resolved poor write times some time ago. Now it seems a matter of finding a cost-effective way of getting high capacities out of these without compromising endurance and making it so it costs even less per GB and it would be a viable alternative to HDDs for everyone.

That is, assuming they've also solved that issue with SSDs not doing so well after 10's of thousands of rewrites? I guess HDDs still have the edge there too?

If so, there is always the next generation of storage. I don't remember the details, but I know they're working on it.

Nov 14, 12 at 6:07pm
leochan

The Agility 4 was designed to sit on the upper tier of the attractive mid-range SSD market, and features Indilinx's Everest 2 controller which should help in preventing performance drop-offs seen in previous drives which also used asynchronous NAND flash. See how the Agility 4 holds up in terms of performance in our latest OCZ SSD review.