Thread titleFromLast replied
Now searching...
Neoseeker Forums » » » » Grand Theft Auto V » Second official trailer for Grand Theft Auto 5 arrives » Post Reply

Note to Guests: For the enjoyment of other visitors, and to help keep this forum tidy and working smoothly, please make sure you search the forum before posting your question.
REPLY TO A THREAD
Name:* Members, please LOGIN before posting
Email: We use this to display your Gravatar

Sign in with
Subject:*

HTML is not allowed
markup is allowed

Help with markup tags

Enabling Buttons in IE7

Smilies:
  ·all smilies here
:) :P ;) :( :| ;( :D :confused: :cool: :# :o ^_^ :colored: :thick:
Community Badges

Join to get access to all the badges!

GTA III GTA V GTA IV GTA San Andreas Chop Franklin GTA Vice City Michael Michael Trevor

hideOriginal Post

Nov 14, 12 at 10:26amcromagdude

Second official trailer for Grand Theft Auto 5 arrives

Troy Crumley - Wednesday, November 14, 2012 10:26am (PST) Like Share
Planes, trains, cars, and dogs
 Image 1
Source: Rockstar

Thread Recap (last 10 posts from newest to oldest)

Dec 29, 12 at 11:41am
magsasaka

dont know if its bee n mentioned here already but round about the part when the red plane's launching
at the background u could see bikers and a burrito with a (what i assume is) a biker logo from gta iv: tlad
i think it's the angel of death MC logo
i loved TLAD, i hope we get to see cameo Lost brothers

Dec 24, 12 at 4:49am
NochedeLobo

Looks so awesome cant wait to play the game as soon as possible

Dec 16, 12 at 4:57pm
magsasaka

Slightly offtopic. The song on the trailer was playing when john mclane's limo driver was having a party of his own while he's kicking bad guy ass inside the building. Die hard 1, wouldn't it be nice if we get some die hard material in V?

Nov 19, 12 at 12:51pm
Mnmfan

quote Ben73
I don't think the iv trailer was anything special.
The IV trailer is nothing special.. now but back then, when it was all we knew about the game, it was the best trailer ever. Don't get me wrong, I'm sure V will be a lot better than IV but just keep in mind that the entire trailer were clips from cutscenes. Unless they've seriously vamped up the cinematic view from past games I'm pretty sure everything in that V trailer was pre-orchestrated cutscenes. It looks cool and pretty but we don't watch games, we play games.

Nov 18, 12 at 8:54pm
Ben73

I have watched it about 10 times. Good to pick up stuff you miss. Too much to take in just watching it once.

The bouncing 'joke' in BOGT was not very funny, but the way Micheal says it in the trailer makes it funny

Nov 18, 12 at 8:49pm
Chelskiman

Most, if not all, trailers are going to show parts of the game (or movie for that matter) that is going to appeal to the fans of that series or genre. Showing a whole bunch of action scenes and nice shots of the city is naturally going to get us all excited. ChiroVette is right, it doesn't actually show how the game is going to play or the actual story line, it just shows some shots that's going to make us want the game even more, and I must say, it's working.

Nov 18, 12 at 8:16pm
ChiroVette

quote Master
quote Mnmfan
That's the thread for when the 2nd trailer was released for GTA4 (I linked to the page when it was released). Just look at how excited we all were...
It's not like the trailer lied or anything, we got exactly what it showed us.
It isn't that it lied. I don't think that this is what Mnmfan was alluding to, to be honest. I actually agree with what he posted and my eyes kind of opened a little wide when I read his post with the second trailer AND all the quotes of giddy enthusiasm. To me, watching that trailer, I remember thinking how amazing "everything looked" and the cool factor of bullet holes in the vehicle glass and some of the things they showed, but what Mnmfan is saying is not that the trailer "lied," but that it doesn't show how restrictive and linear the game plays out. Again, this is all a matter of personal taste, but I was insanely excited when I saw that trailer, I definitely remember that, and the "disconnect" for me between how my mind saw that trailer and how the game actually plays was quite a vast chasm.

Nov 18, 12 at 4:51pm
Chelskiman

quote KR_1250
Question for y'all: Be honest, how many times have you each watched the Trailer?

I must be on view 15 or something by now. The music alone is worth it.
Only watched it twice so far (once just now), but no doubt I'll give it a few more watches. Agree about the music, it's pretty sweet!

Nov 17, 12 at 8:03pm
Ville_Valo

Well of course we were more excited for IV, it was an all new game.
I don't know what else could've been in the trailer to make it better. We got some little things GTA has never had before, some interesting and funny characters, and some great action sequences.

Nov 17, 12 at 4:43pm
Pauliepoos

quote KR_1250
Question for y'all: Be honest, how many times have you each watched the Trailer?
Once, and even that was in shitty quality yer know, all fuzzy and stuff. I got the general idea though.....Once you hit your thirties that inner child somewhat dies and the excitement lessens, to a degree. I'll still be giggling like a schoolgirl when I actually pick up the game though.