Thread titleFromLast replied
Now searching...
Neoseeker Forums » » » » Football Manager 2013 » Does a players REPUTATION affect thier statsa? » Post Reply

Note to Guests: For the enjoyment of other visitors, and to help keep this forum tidy and working smoothly, please make sure you search the forum before posting your question.
REPLY TO A THREAD
Name:* Members, please LOGIN before posting
Email: We use this to display your Gravatar

Sign in with
Subject:*

HTML is not allowed
markup is allowed

Help with markup tags

Enabling Buttons in IE7

Smilies:
  ·all smilies here
:) :P ;) :( :| ;( :D :confused: :cool: :# :o ^_^ :colored: :thick:
Community Badges

Join to get access to all the badges!

AS Roma Brisbane Roar Australia MK Dons Elgin City Hibernian FC Barcelona Real Madrid Hellas Verona Lazio Liverpool FC Fluminense Some United Bloke Atalanta Bologna Partick Thistle Palermo Parma Napoli Torino Bromley AFC Bournemouth Arsenal Aston Villa Barnsley Birmingham Blackburn Rovers Blackpool Bolton Wanderers Bradford Brentford Burnley Cardiff City Charlton Athletic Chelsea Chesterfield Crewe Crystal Palace Derby County Everton Exeter Fulham Grimsby Hull City Ipswich Leeds United Leicester City Luton Town Manchester City Manchester United Middlesbrough FC Millwall Newcastle United Norwich Nottingham Forest Peterborough Portsmouth QPR Reading Rotherham United Sheffield United Sheffield Wednesday Southampton Southend United Stevenage Stoke City Swansea Tottenham Tranmere Rovers Watford West Bromwich Albion West Ham Wigan Wolves England FC United of Manchester Olympiakos Milan Fiorentina WC14 Algeria WC14 Argentina WC14 Australia Leighton Baines 3 Leighton Baines Leighton Baines 2 WC14 Belgium WC14 Bosnia and Herzegovina Borussia Dortmund WC14 Brazil Cagliari Catania Aberdeen Celtic Chester WC14 Chile Verona WC14 Ivory Coast WC14 Cameroon WC14 Colombia WC14 Costa Rica WC14 Croatia WC14 Ecuador WC14 England WC14 Spain WC14 France Genoa WC14 Germany WC14 Ghana WC14 Greece Heart of Midlothian WC14 Honduras Casillas Inter WC14 Iran WC14 Italy WC14 Japan Juventus WC14 South Korea Siena WC14 Mexico WC14 Holland WC14 Nigeria Lyon Pescara WC14 Portugal Rangers Real Salt Lake Rugby Town WC14 Russia Sunderland AFC Sampdoria WC14 Switzerland Totti 1 Totti 2 Udinese WC14 Uruguay WC14 USA Van Der Vaart

hideOriginal Post

Nov 13, 12 at 3:51amGhetto Prince

I ask this because i was playing around with the editor and edited a player and made his rep something like 70 world rep 70 and home rep 75, put his current ability to 135 and potential ability as -9. Now in game his stats were good, 15's in crossing dribbling first touch and 16 in finishing. then i went back into the editor and put his rep up to 120 in all 3, now his stats are all 17's in everything thats relevant.

I dont see why or how the players rep should impact his stats at all

Thread Recap (last 10 posts from newest to oldest)

Nov 23, 12 at 7:01pm
harbin

Reputation doesn't affect stats, it affects their value and wage demands, the club stature he'd be willing to sign for and how fans will take to him.

Nov 23, 12 at 6:46pm
Phelix

I finally got time to run through this experiment, the short answer is;

No, the reputation value set at player creation does not effect their attributes at all.

In the screenshot below you can see that data for yourself. I created 30 players. These were split into three levels of reputation; 50, 100 and 150.

The first group was the control, they were set to a reputation of 100. The total value of the average attributes for this group was 457.

The second group was the reputation drop group who had a lower reputation of 50. If a lower reputation caused lower attributes, this column would look very different. The average total was actually higher for this group than the raised reputations.

Lastly the raised reputations actually faired the poorest, with the lowest total score of 451.

After all that, I couldn't be bothered playing with the numbers any more, but if any of you out there are into this sort of thing I have all the raw data and will happily send it to you to play with.

Nov 14, 12 at 1:15pm
Phelix

My missus is away tomorrow night, I will have a few hours to spare. I might get working on it and draft a report.

Nov 14, 12 at 3:56am
Lone Warrior

quote Phelix
10 players will be the "control". These will have a set CA (150) and PA (180) and have a reputation of 100. These will never change.

The next 10 players can have the same stats in the first load, but in the second load, drop their reputation to 50.

The final 10 players again have the same stats in the first load, but in the second load, raise their reputation by 50.

Record all the changes for every player, average out the changes in each group (Control, Rep-drop and Rep-raise) and see if there is a significant difference between the three groups.

We need to get working on this asap and have it published on Journal of Football Manager and Player Editing.

Nov 13, 12 at 1:17pm
Phelix

Well to get any definitive answers you need to experiment on a much larger scale.

You need to create a base of at least 30 players.

10 players will be the "control". These will have a set CA (150) and PA (180) and have a reputation of 100. These will never change.

The next 10 players can have the same stats in the first load, but in the second load, drop their reputation to 50.

The final 10 players again have the same stats in the first load, but in the second load, raise their reputation by 50.

Record all the changes for every player, average out the changes in each group (Control, Rep-drop and Rep-raise) and see if there is a significant difference between the three groups.

Nov 13, 12 at 1:03pm
IcarusAbides

The problem is that the attributes for players made in the editor are randomly generated so even if you hadn't changed the rep the second time the attributes may still have been better that the first time as they are randomly generated from the PA.

It's very hard to tell if it was the increase in reputation that caused the better attributes or just random attribute generation.

Nov 13, 12 at 12:54pm
Lone Warrior

Are you sure you only changed their reputation and not anything else that would matter? And how reproducible is it? Did you try to increase / decrease the rep even more and see how that affects the stats?

Nov 13, 12 at 12:33pm
RingBinder LCFC

quote Stu
If a players well known across the world, it's normally because they're brilliant.
Thats not what he asked!

Nov 13, 12 at 7:53am
Ghetto Prince

quote Drachbo
Maybe -9 generated a higher PA the other time around resulting in better attributes.
Yeah but shouldn't it have only increased his PA and not his Current ability? It just seems strange that his stats only increased at the start of the game when i put his rep up.

Nov 13, 12 at 5:26am
Drachbo

Maybe -9 generated a higher PA the other time around resulting in better attributes.