Thread titleFromLast replied
Now searching...
Neoseeker Forums » » » Mass Effect 3 » Mass Effect 4 Will Have Frostbite » Post Reply

Note to Guests: For the enjoyment of other visitors, and to help keep this forum tidy and working smoothly, please make sure you search the forum before posting your question.
REPLY TO A THREAD
Name:* Members, please LOGIN before posting
Email: We use this to display your Gravatar

Sign in with
Subject:*

HTML is not allowed
markup is allowed

Help with markup tags

Enabling Buttons in IE7

Smilies:
  ·all smilies here
:) :P ;) :( :| ;( :D :confused: :cool: :# :o ^_^ :colored: :thick:

hideOriginal Post

Nov 12, 12 at 4:04pmDarknet

http://www.ign.com/articles/2012/11/12/mass-effect-4-will-use-frostbite-engine

It seems Bioware is going all in with Frostbite. First they decide to use the engine for the upcoming Dragon Age III, now ME4 will be using it.

Makes sense, I guess. Can't see anything wrong with it. Heck, it may even enhance the cutscenes a bit.

Thread Recap (last 10 posts from newest to oldest)

Jan 15, 13 at 2:01am
KR_1250

I am wholly uninterested in a sequel right now.

It would have to start at the begining of the Reaper invasion for me to be interested and completely ignore everything that happened in ME3.

Somehow i dont see that happening.

Jan 13, 13 at 6:43pm
Shinobi_razor

Bioware never said they won't do ME4. They just said they won't make any more with Shepard. They'll keep making them as long as we buy them.

Dec 27, 12 at 1:38pm
symphonic jedi

quote Mmontes8875
For example Mordin with the STG

In a prequel set during the Krogan rebellions you would not have any Salarian characters that appeared in the original trilogy of games due to the fact that the rebellions occurred roughly 1500+ years before the first Mass Effect game and Salarians as a race have an average lifespan that is shorter than a humans and I'm yet to meet the human that has lived for a millennia and a half.

Mordin worked on the Genophage [i]Modification[i] project. Not the original Genophage. He was countering centuries of adaptations and alterations that had adversely affected the effectiveness of the Genophage in order to restore the status quo.

Dec 26, 12 at 9:58pm
mmontes8875

First contact is not a bad idea. I'd like to see a story unfold when we meet the Turians for the first time... then of course go to war.

Dec 26, 12 at 9:56pm
mmontes8875

You know speaking of Mass Effect 4, I saw an article on IGN that Bioware states they will not be doing ME4. Besides that lets say they do. I would like to see a flash back to the Krogan Rebelions. You hear about it through out the series and it sounds so intense. You'd also still be able to see some of the characters we all know so well. For example Mordin with the STG and Wrex when he was young and killed his father. Maybe as well they could bring Matriarch Benezia into the picture somehow. She is more of a mystery then any other characters. Mostly, I want to see Wrex's story. As when Shepard spoke to Wrex in the first title his statement was "Story? There is no Story."

Nov 22, 12 at 7:34am
Demonfurby

quote Vicarious
That's why a prequel would probably be best. Idk what it would entail though.
First contact war I'd guess.

Nov 21, 12 at 9:24pm
Vicarious

That's why a prequel would probably be best. Idk what it would entail though.

I love that engine so I can't wait.

Nov 20, 12 at 10:23pm
supertom236

what i wonder is how the heck they are going to be able to pull off a sequal without invalidating the choices shepard made at the end of mass effect 3? because he made a pretty damn big one, and depending on factors in the sequal's story and setting, they might have to "canonize" one choice and invalitate the other ones.

i don't know if i can bring myself back into this series, it was a good story, but the story has ended. continuing on would likely would ruin it.

Nov 13, 12 at 10:06pm
SpartanNinja

If BF3 is any indication then I can't wait.

Nov 12, 12 at 4:37pm
DedValve

All I can say.

Singularity will be glorious again.