Thread titleFromLast replied
Now searching...
Neoseeker Forums » » Hardware, Builds and Overclocking » First time build: Ordering Parts HELP » Post Reply

Note to Guests: Advertising of any kind is not allowed in these forums!If you fix your problem on your own, please post a message describing how you fixed the issue so that others with a similar problem can use your method to fix their issue.
REPLY TO A THREAD
Name:* Members, please LOGIN before posting
Email: We use this to display your Gravatar

Sign in with
Subject:*

HTML is not allowed
markup is allowed

Help with markup tags

Enabling Buttons in IE7

Smilies:
  ·all smilies here
:) :P ;) :( :| ;( :D :confused: :cool: :# :o ^_^ :colored: :thick:

hideOriginal Post

Nov 12, 12 at 2:59amJwilse

Okay I have never built a computer before. I have been watching a lot of videos and I think I will be fine with the assembly but ordering the parts is another issue. I am going to be using the computer mostly for gaming and a little video editing. I want to run two monitors and I dont want to have to upgrade for a while. I would like to get a ssd for my os. Budget would probably be $1000 for the pc ill worry about the monitors at a different time. I have been told to get an intel i7 and an asus motherboard from a friend but I am not sure what to get. I can exceed $1000 I just dont want to be spending 3k on a computer.

Thanks in advance if you can help me out.

Thread Recap (last 10 posts from newest to oldest)

Nov 13, 12 at 11:22pm
PureOCJim

They are running core i7 3770K for $229. I would go asap. That price will not last forever and its a steal.

Nov 13, 12 at 1:28pm
Jwilse

PureOCJim i am about 2 hours away from detroit but I can check it out. Do you know if their specials are limited time? I dont know how soon i will be able to get down their. As for the I5 would i still get decent performance for the price or would it be more worth it to go with the I7?

If i chose to go for a differnt case would i need the full tower or would a mid tower work for me?

Okay the links work for me now. Thanks Guys.

Nov 13, 12 at 12:00am
PureOCJim

quote Crusad3r
Since you have a decent sized budget, we'll see how this goes.

Case - $180
PSU - $70
CPU - $320
Motherboard - $155
RAM - $70
HDD $80
Graphics Card - $460

Comes to roughly $1330. I know your friend recommended Asus, but I personally like Gigabyte more.

If it's too expensive, you can cut back on the RAM, graphics card and case.

Windows would cost another $100 or so, and 2 monitors together would come to around $500.

What do you think?
Check above response for Microcenter special and price it out for him........ This memory is as good if not better for cheaper. Crucial Ballistix Sport 8G(2 x 4G) for $36. It performs as good as GSkill tridents at 2133MHz cas 11 at the same frequency.

http://www.microcenter.com/product/385181/Ballistix_Sport_8GB_DDR3-1600_(PC3-12800)_CL9_Desktop_Memory_Module

If it is his first build he can also save $ with a GTX670 and that will be more than ample. Also, he can save some $ on a cheaper case although the HAF 942 is a good one.

Nov 12, 12 at 11:59pm
PureOCJim

Jwilse, how far are you from Detroit? Microcenter has in store specials on core i7 3770k for $269 and core i5 3570K for $169 and I think you get $40 off for a motherboard combo too,

Nov 12, 12 at 11:09pm
Crusad3r

Strange, they work for me..

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16822145304 HDD link
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817371051 PSU link

Try copy + paste

With the RAM, make sure they're DDR2 or DDR3 24pin

Graphics card, be sure it's a PCIe compatible card

Case, be sure it's ATX compatible

Nov 12, 12 at 1:54pm
Jwilse

I like it however The links for the HDD and PSU arnt working. Also is a SSD unnessisary? And if i did want to cut back on the RAM, Graphics Card, and Case what would i need to look for to make sure that they are all compatable?

Thanks alot i really apreceate it.

Nov 12, 12 at 11:02am
Crusad3r

Since you have a decent sized budget, we'll see how this goes.

Case - $180
PSU - $70
CPU - $320
Motherboard - $155
RAM - $70
HDD $80
Graphics Card - $460

Comes to roughly $1330. I know your friend recommended Asus, but I personally like Gigabyte more.

If it's too expensive, you can cut back on the RAM, graphics card and case.

Windows would cost another $100 or so, and 2 monitors together would come to around $500.

What do you think?

Nov 12, 12 at 8:46am
Jwilse

Well i dont have windows or the monitors. I was mostly thinking the of the case and its contents. I can buy the monitors and windows at a local store and not have to order them online. However if you have any suggestions i would love the hear them. Like i said i am new to this and dont really no what I am doing. I have friends who can help me put it together but when I ask them for help with order the proper parts they give me unsatisfying answers.

Sorry I kind of feel like an idiot not having any idea on how to go about this process. But everyones help is greatly appreciated.

Nov 12, 12 at 8:31am
hiigaran

do you already have the two monitors? if not, any specific size and resolution you are looking for? what about a copy of windows? got one?

will your budget just be the case and its contents, or will it also include the above two if you dont have them?

Nov 12, 12 at 5:45am
jwilse

Sorry about that. I am from Michigan USA. I dont know if the state mattered.