Thread titleFromLast replied
Now searching...
Neoseeker Forums » » » » Call of Duty: Black Ops II » First Impressions » Post Reply

Note to Guests: For the enjoyment of other visitors, and to help keep this forum tidy and working smoothly, please make sure you search the forum before posting your question.
REPLY TO A THREAD
Name:* Members, please LOGIN before posting
Email: We use this to display your Gravatar

Sign in with
Subject:*

HTML is not allowed
markup is allowed

Help with markup tags

Enabling Buttons in IE7

Smilies:
  ·all smilies here
:) :P ;) :( :| ;( :D :confused: :cool: :# :o ^_^ :colored: :thick:
Community Badges

Join to get access to all the badges!

hideOriginal Post

Nov 10, 12 at 12:05pmWhelan

I don't have the game, but I bet some of you sad cases do.

DO YOU? Anyone have the game?

Thread Recap (last 10 posts from newest to oldest)

Dec 15, 12 at 6:12am
Suicide Messiah

Not exactly a serious COD gamer, but I've found it alright tbf. I haven't been plagued by any major game-breaking issues like some people have such as connection issues, so I guess I've been lucky. Maps have been okay, although I haven't played on many really, main bunch of my games have been on Yemen, the train station one and I think one with a mall in? Should start remembering names for the maps to be honest.

Not bad though.

Dec 15, 12 at 4:49am
pestar93820

quote halo3rox
quote PEStar
You're a mong.
And your a self worshipping asshole who trash talks on the internet you wouldnt have the courage to say it to my face irl im done here anyway love ya bro.
Lol bruv you have no idea.

Dec 14, 12 at 8:49pm
DarkBlade725

Skill based match making is the problem cause you get in matches with skilled players because their in a party

Dec 14, 12 at 8:02pm
halo3rox

quote PEStar
You're a mong.
And your a self worshipping asshole who trash talks on the internet you wouldnt have the courage to say it to my face irl im done here anyway love ya bro.

Dec 14, 12 at 7:39pm
pestar93820

You're a mong.

Dec 14, 12 at 7:36pm
halo3rox

quote Ajax
quote halo3rox
quote Whelan

Game sucks just like its predecessors people with a 1 bar have a HUGE advantage over everyone else because of lag compensation,I can unload a full magazine into someones eye socket and they kill me with a frenzied hip fire spray.Every gun in the game jumps around like a jogging fat mans titties making it almost essential to hip fire spray there is no such thing as precision shooting its hip fire or die.Im sad to say that 3arc has let me down and I wont be buying next years game,although since I want my moneys worth I will play this pile of dog shit until I assume MW4 is released.

All this does is show that you have zero idea what you're saying.

Out of the AR's and SMG's, literally only two weapons have any sort of recoil. The SCAR and the AN-94.

Everything else is a damn laser beam, so your whinging about the recoil is idiotic.

And you bothering to quote me just to conflict with my opinion is idiotic as obviously I could not care less what other people think of my opinion,I thought you were an awesome mod on the Fallout 3 forum but all the respect I had for you has now been flushed down the toilet.Good day fine sir.

Nov 26, 12 at 10:20am
legendary one

It was different at first, But I love it!

Nov 25, 12 at 10:40am
JonesLFC

Had a few games last night for the first time, i'm not in love with the game by any means but it was better than i expected, i enjoyed most of the matches. I'm not expecting it to stay that way though, since i enjoyed the other CODs at the start then began to dislike them, apart from COD4 & WaW. Not sure why that is, possibly because i'm playing it without knowing if i like/dislike the maps and not knowing about some of the frustrating things, etc? Not sure.

Anyway i'll start off by saying: I think the gameplay itself is better than Black Ops 1. And MW3. Obviously these are first impressions, but it looks better, sounds better, it's much smoother than all previous CODs in my opinion and it's easier to kill people. Whether that's because of the hit detection, or more damage, idk, but i find you can kill people so much quicker.

As for the maps, im yet to play on some of them, and watched my bro play on a couple. First impressions are meh, i do think they're quite good, but so far i don't really love many of them, if that makes sense. Like, in old games, i'd be quite happy when certain maps come up, but so far that hasn't happened with any map that's come up twice. But as i said, i haven't tried a few of them, and i'm sure i'll like and dislike the maps more and more in time once i get to know them better. But so far they seem to be quite fairly balanced, decent sizes, etc.

Aftermath: had one match on this, a Ground War Kill Confirmed match with djedwardsmith. Probably the match i disliked the most so far tbh, think i've enjoyed nearly every match so far apart from those GW ones. Think the map seemed decent, but i didn't enjoy that match at all, might have been because there's so more players and you have to run to get the tags. Was very frustrating....i've done very well in nearly every TDM so far up until that and had't raged at all. Think the map is very similar to one of them from MW3, can't remember the name but you could go underground and in big office buildings etc.

Cargo: Only played one Gun Game on that so haven't really explored it, but thought it was quite decent.

Carrier: Only played one Gun Game on it, it's alright, think it's really similar to Countdown from COD4.

Drone: Not sure what to think of this. Seems quite good, but can be quite hard from what i've played already. Snipers getting you from the bushes at the back. Especially on the hardcore match i played, it's really hard. The inside makes me imagine what a really futuristic COD would be like though, and is something different.

Express: Haven't played it myself but looks quite decent. Reminds me a bit of Terminal & the London Underground maps.

Hijacked: Had one or two on this, and i liked it tbh. I always hated Wetwork on COD4, and this one seems like a really good version of that map. Both being on a ship they're obviously similar sizes and layouts, but for a start you can actually see on hijacked, and there's a lot more too it with the rooms and different levels. Quite a lot of different routes considering how narrow it actually is.

Meltdown: Had less than half a match on this last night with dj, wasn't fussed. One side i quite liked, with that circular building with pillars, but the other side looks exactly like a map from Black Ops 1, was it called Lauch or something? With the rocket. And i never liked that map anyway. But strangely, the same as most of the other maps, there are certain parts that i do like, and some parts that i dont.

Overflow: Not seen it

Plaza: Only saw it for a min, can't comment, looked a bit mental

Raid: Had my first match on that, strangely i wasn't too keen on the map but still enjoyed the match, so idk

Slums: Not seen it

Standoff: Had one match on that, seemed alright, i did well but loads of windows where i got shot from, seems a bit hard especially when you don't really know the map.

Turbine: Had one match, seemed quite good imo, but definitely reminds me of Afghan. (only better)

Yemen: Don't think i've seen it

Nuketown: Not seen it

I entered a Zombie Grief match and quit pretty much straight away, didn't like that at all. Tried one match of Survival on the Farm one and thought it was okay, but didn't like the layout at all. Much better when you're locked in one building, imo.

Nov 23, 12 at 2:07am
Ajax

quote halo3rox
quote Whelan

Game sucks just like its predecessors people with a 1 bar have a HUGE advantage over everyone else because of lag compensation,I can unload a full magazine into someones eye socket and they kill me with a frenzied hip fire spray.Every gun in the game jumps around like a jogging fat mans titties making it almost essential to hip fire spray there is no such thing as precision shooting its hip fire or die.Im sad to say that 3arc has let me down and I wont be buying next years game,although since I want my moneys worth I will play this pile of dog shit until I assume MW4 is released.

All this does is show that you have zero idea what you're saying.

Out of the AR's and SMG's, literally only two weapons have any sort of recoil. The SCAR and the AN-94.

Everything else is a damn laser beam, so your whinging about the recoil is idiotic.

roseability, can you imagine unlimited sprint on maps this small? I'd love Marathon Pro back, I'm a shotgunner at heart but on maps this small it'd be ridiculous.

Nov 23, 12 at 1:44am
roseability

I love the poor man's gimped Marathon Pro, obviously unlimited sprint was a massive problem in BO1