Thread titleFromLast replied
Now searching...
Neoseeker Forums » » Hardware, Builds and Overclocking » Upgrading to Win8 » Post Reply

REPLY TO A THREAD
Name:* Members, please LOGIN before posting
Email: We use this to display your Gravatar

Sign in with
Subject:*

HTML is not allowed
markup is allowed

Help with markup tags

Enabling Buttons in IE7

Smilies:
  ·all smilies here
:) :P ;) :( :| ;( :D :confused: :cool: :# :o ^_^ :colored: :thick:
Note to Guests: Advertising of any kind is not allowed in these forums!If you fix your problem on your own, please post a message describing how you fixed the issue so that others with a similar problem can use your method to fix their issue.

hideOriginal Post

Nov 09, 12 at 3:57amCrusad3r

Windows has a special deal going on right now where you can upgrade your existing Windows to Win8 for only $39 online (or $69 for a disc in participating retailers).

Now, I was wondering if it was going to be worth upgrading. Is Win8 worth the 40 bucks for the upgrade?

Thread Recap (last 10 posts from newest to oldest)

Nov 14, 12 at 6:31pm
bronze0800

ive heard windows 8 isnt all that bad my m8 brought a copy and said it doing well

personally im considering getting it myself.

not sure yet

Nov 09, 12 at 12:42pm
Ren of Heavens

Sorry hiigaran, I was aiming that post at Crusad3r

Nov 09, 12 at 8:39am
hiigaran

nope. im just basing my thoughts on what ive read. the differences ive seen arent overly impressive. not denying it is better in many areas, but it has to be sufficiently better for me to consider it worth the extra money.

Nov 09, 12 at 8:38am
Ren of Heavens

Have you tried Windows 8? It's a very big change from Windows 7, so it really depends how well you get on with it if you think it'll be worth it.

I have my system dual booting Windows 7 & 8, but 7 is still my main OS for now.

Nov 09, 12 at 5:46am
hiigaran

considering windows 7 costs 100 and 8 is 140, it looks like they just charge you the difference. however, IMO, no, its not worth it. faster boot times are nice, and there are a few minor positive aspects to it, but personally, id only get it if it became the price of windows 7, i was looking to get a new computer, and i needed it for compatibility with newer programs (which wont happen for many years anyway).

Nov 09, 12 at 3:57am
Crusad3r

Windows has a special deal going on right now where you can upgrade your existing Windows to Win8 for only $39 online (or $69 for a disc in participating retailers).

Now, I was wondering if it was going to be worth upgrading. Is Win8 worth the 40 bucks for the upgrade?