Thread titleFromLast replied
Now searching...
Neoseeker Forums » » » » Football Manager 2013 » Story of the Fortnight » Post Reply

Note to Guests: For the enjoyment of other visitors, and to help keep this forum tidy and working smoothly, please make sure you search the forum before posting your question.
REPLY TO A THREAD
Name:* Members, please LOGIN before posting
Email: We use this to display your Gravatar

Sign in with
Subject:*

HTML is not allowed
markup is allowed

Help with markup tags

Enabling Buttons in IE7

Smilies:
  ·all smilies here
:) :P ;) :( :| ;( :D :confused: :cool: :# :o ^_^ :colored: :thick:
Community Badges

Join to get access to all the badges!

AS Roma Brisbane Roar Australia MK Dons Elgin City Hibernian FC Barcelona Real Madrid Hellas Verona Lazio Liverpool FC Fluminense Some United Bloke Atalanta Bologna Partick Thistle Palermo Parma Napoli Torino Bromley AFC Bournemouth Arsenal Aston Villa Barnsley Birmingham Blackburn Rovers Blackpool Bolton Wanderers Bradford Brentford Burnley Cardiff City Charlton Athletic Chelsea Chesterfield Crewe Crystal Palace Derby County Everton Exeter Fulham Grimsby Hull City Ipswich Leeds United Leicester City Luton Town Manchester City Manchester United Middlesbrough FC Millwall Newcastle United Norwich Nottingham Forest Peterborough Portsmouth QPR Reading Rotherham United Sheffield United Sheffield Wednesday Southampton Southend United Stevenage Stoke City Swansea Tottenham Tranmere Rovers Watford West Bromwich Albion West Ham Wigan Wolves England FC United of Manchester Olympiakos Milan Fiorentina WC14 Algeria WC14 Argentina WC14 Australia Leighton Baines 3 Leighton Baines Leighton Baines 2 WC14 Belgium WC14 Bosnia and Herzegovina Borussia Dortmund WC14 Brazil Cagliari Catania Aberdeen Celtic Chester WC14 Chile Verona WC14 Ivory Coast WC14 Cameroon WC14 Colombia WC14 Costa Rica WC14 Croatia WC14 Ecuador WC14 England WC14 Spain WC14 France Genoa WC14 Germany WC14 Ghana WC14 Greece Heart of Midlothian WC14 Honduras Casillas Inter WC14 Iran WC14 Italy WC14 Japan Juventus WC14 South Korea Siena WC14 Mexico WC14 Holland WC14 Nigeria Lyon Pescara WC14 Portugal Rangers Real Salt Lake Rugby Town WC14 Russia Sunderland AFC Sampdoria WC14 Switzerland Totti 1 Totti 2 Udinese WC14 Uruguay WC14 USA Van Der Vaart

hideOriginal Post

Nov 08, 12 at 3:05amModiga

Football Manager 2013 Story of the Fortnight

Welcome back to this years SOTF 2013! I believe the structure of last years SOTF went quite well, following the system first suggested by Kesh originally for FM11. Story of the Fortnight is the opportunity for bragging rights in the forum, who has the most popular story out there so far!

For those who do not know or need a reminder, what happens is that every fortnight, a number of stories will be nominated by the mods for the big trophy. You guys have a couple days to vote with the top three places receiving the following:
    1st place: Story moved into the main forum for the fortnight
    2nd place: Story will be stickied in the story forum
    3rd place: Some sort of mention in the header

We will probably also continue with the star theme to show your success with first place getting 3 stars *** added to the thread caption. 2 stars will go to 2nd and 1 star to 3rd place. STAR METHOD UP FOR DISCUSSION, did you like it from last year?
  • Nominations will be up on the Thursday or Friday with results on the Sunday after
  • You're only allowed to vote once. Don't use secondary accounts because we can always find out who you are.
  • You cannot vote for your own story.
  • Stories may win as many consecutive fortnights as they deserve
PM your votes to IcarusAbides or Modiga.

Thread Recap (last 10 posts from newest to oldest)

Aug 17, 13 at 12:58pm
IcarusAbides

Just a quick heads up to those of you who usually vote for this, We're not having a SOTF this week but we've got the Golden Pen (Story of the year pretty much) running in the forum awards so feel free to vote for the Golden Pen instead

You don't have to vote for any of the other awards but you're more than welcome to if you want

benji1122 crogalosh Cowdenbeath rule ciaranod7 Theboss Jakeyd Burton Boy J_ames HarriesCCFC11 shandy Jack L TRFC_FAN Parmar1993 Alan Johnson tangofanta Arwelt Theboss Severance constantplanck AndyD_U FootballManagerBoy H1D5 Drachbo blueboy123 Johnny Pizza Man 78 Pogba_42 George_Lufc_92 ho1mesy2011 seagullstom J_ames Modiga Adinio TommyVercetti101 SportingPhoenix Wasen Crowy Severance Ghetto Prince J_ames ho1mesy2011 Phelix LegendOfNufc Liverpool_96 harbin 11kgm shandy neo_newbie ccfc_joe ChrisOfClubs frostyfire42 fitzy96 lfc minigunny101244 

Aug 15, 13 at 12:17pm
IcarusAbides

quote James Young
quote IcarusAbides
It won't be happening this fortnight because the Golden Pen award will be running in the Forum Awards which will go up on Friday night or Monday and it seemed odd to run a contest involving all of the winners and still have another running to decide an Fortnight 19 winner
News to me, I didn't even know we had a Golden Pen award to begin with.
Sure do, Here, Scroll down a little

Aug 15, 13 at 12:13pm
James Young

quote IcarusAbides
It won't be happening this fortnight because the Golden Pen award will be running in the Forum Awards which will go up on Friday night or Monday and it seemed odd to run a contest involving all of the winners and still have another running to decide an Fortnight 19 winner
News to me, I didn't even know we had a Golden Pen award to begin with.

Aug 15, 13 at 12:10pm
IcarusAbides

quote James Young
When should we expect the next fortnight to be done, if it is ever being done?

IcarusAbides

Aug 15, 13 at 12:08pm
James Young

When should we expect the next fortnight to be done, if it is ever being done?

IcarusAbides

Aug 06, 13 at 12:33pm
IcarusAbides

Story of the Fortnight Results

Fortnight 18

It was a straight shootout this time around with all the votes being split by two stories leaving us with this:

In first place: In second place: Thanks to everyone who took the time to vote

Well done to all of you as they are all great stories!, I shall make those changes.

If you would like to not be notified in future, please say so: benji1122 crogalosh Cowdenbeath rule ciaranod7 Theboss Jakeyd Burton Boy J_ames HarriesCCFC11 shandy Jack L TRFC_FAN Parmar1993 Alan Johnson tangofanta Arwelt Theboss Severance constantplanck AndyD_U FootballManagerBoy H1D5 Drachbo blueboy123 Johnny Pizza Man 78 Pogba_42 George_Lufc_92 ho1mesy2011 seagullstom J_ames Modiga Adinio TommyVercetti101 SportingPhoenix Wasen Crowy Severance Ghetto Prince J_ames ho1mesy2011 Phelix LegendOfNufc Liverpool_96 harbin 11kgm shandy neo_newbie ccfc_joe ChrisOfClubs frostyfire42 fitzy96 lfc minigunny101244

Aug 03, 13 at 6:36am
Mr_Dave

Thanks for the nomination! There are some very creative stories here, really inspired me to write mine up too. I'll never be able to compete with the depth of the stories in some of them, they really are impressive!

Aug 02, 13 at 12:00pm
IcarusAbides

quote benji1122
Thought it was less than 5 tbh, none since Saturday though. Simply don't have the time anymore
Yeah that happens, I keep planning one but I just never get around to it

Aug 02, 13 at 11:49am
benji1122

quote IcarusAbides
quote benji1122
Thanks for the nomination, unexpected given my lack of updates of late. Going to get one up tonight though hopefully.
You've had 5 out since the last SOTF and that's better than most to be honest
Thought it was less than 5 tbh, none since Saturday though. Simply don't have the time anymore

Aug 02, 13 at 11:30am
IcarusAbides

quote benji1122
Thanks for the nomination, unexpected given my lack of updates of late. Going to get one up tonight though hopefully.
You've had 5 out since the last SOTF and that's better than most to be honest