Thread titleFromLast replied
Now searching...
Neoseeker Forums » » » » New Super Mario Bros. U » NSMBU World Map Revealed » Post Reply

Note to Guests: For the enjoyment of other visitors, and to help keep this forum tidy and working smoothly, please make sure you search the forum before posting your question.
REPLY TO A THREAD
Name:* Members, please LOGIN before posting
Email: We use this to display your Gravatar

Sign in with
Subject:*

HTML is not allowed
markup is allowed

Help with markup tags

Enabling Buttons in IE7

Smilies:
  ·all smilies here
:) :P ;) :( :| ;( :D :confused: :cool: :# :o ^_^ :colored: :thick:
Community Badges

Join to get access to all the badges!

hideOriginal Post

Nov 07, 12 at 4:26pmGotenks

Courtesy of the people from 1UP who got the game early. I'm liking the look of the World Map.

Thread Recap (last 10 posts from newest to oldest)

Nov 08, 12 at 8:39pm
John234MKWii

Yeah, Frost has particles of ice, so I guess it's a good name choice for a world covered in Snow and Ice.

Nov 08, 12 at 12:32pm
Dragoon

quote John234MKWii
Because Frost isn't Ice, and snow and Ice go together, so I recommend Ice Glacier.
If a solid surface is chilled below the dew point of the surrounding air and the surface itself is colder than freezing, frost will form on the surface. Frost consists of spicules of ice which grow out from the solid surface. The size of the crystals depends on time, temperature, and the amount of water vapor available. Based on wind direction, "Frost arrows" might form.
Ergo, Frosting is awesome.

Nov 08, 12 at 12:26pm
Thrawn

quote Gotenks
It's always great when they do give us a new environment. It shows there are still ideas left for the series.
It really does. The biggest thing I liked about NSMB2 was the two new worlds.

Nov 08, 12 at 12:15pm
Gotenks

It's always great when they do give us a new environment. It shows there are still ideas left for the series.

Nov 08, 12 at 6:54am
Thrawn

quote Virtue
If only. Glad to see they brought in another new environment though. They really needed it.
Yeah I know, they really needed to add a new one to this game.

Nov 07, 12 at 10:24pm
John234MKWii

Because Frost isn't Ice, and snow and Ice go together, so I recommend Ice Glacier.

Nov 07, 12 at 10:07pm
SpOOK

I like ice or iced better than frosted. Either would suit the terrain, judging from the look of that map.

Nov 07, 12 at 9:42pm
John234MKWii

I think it's better called Ice Glacier. Ice and Glacier are more the same.

Nov 07, 12 at 9:30pm
SpOOK

Same thing -- "icing cake", or "iced". Usually it's the latter.

I will admit, it doesn't sound appetizing at all to me.

Nov 07, 12 at 9:26pm
Dark Arcanine

quote A Person
Dark Arcanine You've never eaten a spoon of frosting while baking?
Makes more sense put that way. I think as the name stands it doesn't really conjure the image of food to me so much as something covered by frost, and I would call it icing.