Thread titleFromLast replied
Now searching...
Neoseeker Forums » » » » Call of Duty: Black Ops II » Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 features an FOV capped at 80 » Post Reply

Note to Guests: For the enjoyment of other visitors, and to help keep this forum tidy and working smoothly, please make sure you search the forum before posting your question.
REPLY TO A THREAD
Name:* Members, please LOGIN before posting
Email: We use this to display your Gravatar

Sign in with
Subject:*

HTML is not allowed
markup is allowed

Help with markup tags

Enabling Buttons in IE7

Smilies:
  ·all smilies here
:) :P ;) :( :| ;( :D :confused: :cool: :# :o ^_^ :colored: :thick:
Community Badges

Join to get access to all the badges!

Black Ops Black Ops 2 Brigadier General Colonel 2nd Lieutenant Ghosts Major Lieutenant Colonel Corporal General Captain Lieutenant General 1st Lieutenant Major General Master Sergeant Modern Warfare Modern Warfare 3 Private Sergant Major Sergeant

hideOriginal Post

Nov 07, 12 at 2:26pmcromagdude

Thread Recap (last 10 posts from newest to oldest)

Nov 22, 12 at 9:17pm
Jamesbleasdale

I have it on PCM but I have my PC hdmi cable into my tv but I still would love to adjust it above 80

Nov 12, 12 at 11:55am
Anonymous Reborn

90 FoV is confirmed...

...for a future patch.

Nov 11, 12 at 7:33am
Anonymous Reborn

quote shaunybaby
quote HU1CH13
one of the reasons PC gaming is on the downhill struggle.
PC gaming is the strongest it's been in years.
It has been, but at the same time it's being treated like it's a Wii to most gaming developers (Infinity Ward, Bethesda, etc.). With MW2 to MW3 (excluding Black Ops), PC has been getting the shit end on the stick. With poor optimization, poor multiplayer mechanics, poor anti-cheat measures (VAC sucks IW, get it into your head), and poor release dates for DLC/updates.

Nov 11, 12 at 7:18am
Yogurt

It's because the console market is a lot bigger than the PC market, many people think it's a lot better, whether it's PS3 or 360, than PC gaming. Besides, most peoples' friends have a PS3/360 so it's easy to play with them.

Nov 10, 12 at 10:19pm
blackomega34

quote shaunybaby
quote HU1CH13
I don't think so, I used to not even want a console because the PC was far superior, but I got a console because half the games are ported from the Xbox360 and so they become lethargic in controls and in interface (take skyrim as an example) in my opinion, of course.

Nov 10, 12 at 9:28pm
shaunybaby

quote HU1CH13

Nov 10, 12 at 9:06pm
Anonymous Reborn

quote blackomega34
I don't see what's wrong with a low FOV... I did not play CoD on the PC but I do play other games like minecraft on 60 FOV and I never got any of the symptoms.
The difference is. With CoD, something always happens for every second. With Minecraft, not much happens in that same time period.

Though I still play Minecraft at Quake Pro FoV.

Nov 09, 12 at 4:28am
blackomega34

I don't see what's wrong with a low FOV... I did not play CoD on the PC but I do play other games like minecraft on 60 FOV and I never got any of the symptoms.

Nov 08, 12 at 7:19pm
HU1CH13

quote BlackLabel
quote IUSEthePM-9
I've never played COD on PC, but if you get motion sickness playing a video game, it's probably not something you should be trying to do.
It essentially comes down to what your eyes can see and what your brain is expecting to see..

For example on a console you are sat between 4-8 feet away from the screen depending on room size and room layout etc. Now this means you can see the whole screen and everything around it, your peripheral vision isn't obscured at all so you don't suffer from motion sickness, headaches or nausea.

On PC though you sit between 20-28 inches from the screen again depending on desk size and desk layout etc. Now in this case all you really see is the screen in front of you, your peripheral vision is now taken up by everything in front of you. Now this is an issue if the FOV in game is too low as it starts to feel like you have tunnel vision, your brain has no visual cues to track where you are in relation to what is happening in front of you. To combat this some games up the FOV so the camera zooms out a bit giving you a wider field of view, which in turn gives you that peripheral vision back and in most cases removes all the symptoms of motion sickness.

Typically the sweet spot for FOV is 90 degree's, that is when most people's symptoms start to vanish. So with this at 80 degree's while better than the 55 degree's the console version will probably run at and could have been ported to PC with, this may still cause motion sickness issues for some people.
You make me hard. Don't think I've forgot about those convos we had hours on end back in the day on msn...about gaming and tech of course. (Dirty bastards reading this thinking otherwise, shame on you).

Inside private jokes are fun trolololol.

But yeah, just proof of shitty and lazy development as we should expect from a CoD title. Pretty sad how PC is always getting the shit end of the stick with ports, one of the reasons PC gaming is on the downhill struggle.

Nov 08, 12 at 6:04pm
Anonymous Reborn

quote James Crook
Are they admitting they're too damn lazy to fix what gets broken when the FOV goes over 80?
Nothing breaks past 80 FoV for almost every FPS. Hell Black Ops single-player works normally when you play on 90 FoV (via developer console binds). If you're playing at 160 on some games you're going to see a *bleep* ton of graphical glitches.

Here's an example video I made between 65 and 90: