Thread titleFromLast replied
Now searching...
Neoseeker Forums » » » General Playstation 3 » PlayStation: The Official Magazine shutting down after five years » Post Reply

Note to Guests: For the enjoyment of other visitors, and to help keep this forum tidy and working smoothly, please make sure you search the forum before posting your question.
REPLY TO A THREAD
Name:* Members, please LOGIN before posting
Email: We use this to display your Gravatar

Sign in with
Subject:*

HTML is not allowed
markup is allowed

Help with markup tags

Enabling Buttons in IE7

Smilies:
  ·all smilies here
:) :P ;) :( :| ;( :D :confused: :cool: :# :o ^_^ :colored: :thick:

hideOriginal Post

Nov 06, 12 at 4:07pmRabidChinaGirl

PlayStation: The Official Magazine shutting down after five years

Lydia Sung - Tuesday, November 6, 2012 4:07pm (PST) Like Share
Future Publishing ending another publication
 Image 1

Thread Recap (last 10 posts from newest to oldest)

Nov 07, 12 at 6:48pm
Hell Fire

I used to read it quite a bit back in the day but to be honest, I find magazines quite useless now with daily news stories available on gaming sites.

Nov 06, 12 at 11:33pm
kik36

Oh...that's why I never got a renewal notice. Future is great at spamming mailboxes with renewal bills. 'Tis a shame....I was a subscriber for 10+ years.

Nov 06, 12 at 10:53pm
DarshD

Really sad to hear this

Nov 06, 12 at 7:26pm
Zombie_Barioth

Well, that sucks. I was actually thinking of subscribing after NP stopped.
Thats the sad reality of it, magazines just can't keep up anymore. The only reason I read NP anymore is for the interviews and stuff since I usually know about everything already.

This is the reason technology sucks, convenience outweighs the little things in life. If you don't have the latest gizmos and gadgets everyone else has your basically screwed.

Nov 06, 12 at 5:48pm
Paper Fox

Embrace technology or die.
In terms of gaming, it sucks. This time last year I didn't even have a stable internet connection, which meant if a game I bought was flawed and needed a patch, I had to physically haul my console to my guys place and hook it up to the net. Same goes with DLC and games that are becoming increasingly online MP-centric. My heart goes out to those in rural areas who don't have internet access, who are relying on offline gaming and mags like these.

Nov 06, 12 at 5:34pm
Nagare

The best game magazines I've ever read are Play (ended a few years back) and Edge which seems to still be growing and embracing the digital mediums.

Reviews on sites like Polygon are great because they mimic the feel of a magazine with their large spread images and pull quotes, but it comes at the expense of the physical mags...but it comes down to pulling in the audience.

Nov 06, 12 at 5:08pm
THM

quote Paper Fox
Whaa noo! I can only assume the Aussie mag will follow suit. Shame
I agreed, Paper Fox...May God bless those staff on Aus Play Mag.

Nov 06, 12 at 5:05pm
Paper Fox

Whaa noo! I can only assume the Aussie mag will follow suit. Shame

Nov 06, 12 at 5:04pm
THM

It's just not good enough for me to read considering the higher price than other gaming magazines...

UK PLAY Magazine and Game Informer are the best magazines I bought monthly...

Nov 06, 12 at 4:56pm
PhoenixBlue

To add to the above a lot of gaming magazines allowed you to view most if not all of their content on their websites as well, shame I used to be a collector