Thread titleFromLast replied
Now searching...
Neoseeker Forums » » » PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale » Two Coles means more characters announced! » Post Reply

Note to Guests: For the enjoyment of other visitors, and to help keep this forum tidy and working smoothly, please make sure you search the forum before posting your question.
REPLY TO A THREAD
Name:* Members, please LOGIN before posting
Email: We use this to display your Gravatar

Sign in with
Subject:*

HTML is not allowed
markup is allowed

Help with markup tags

Enabling Buttons in IE7

Smilies:
  ·all smilies here
:) :P ;) :( :| ;( :D :confused: :cool: :# :o ^_^ :colored: :thick:

hideOriginal Post

Nov 05, 12 at 9:16amNapoleonDos

Ive reflected a lot on this.... infamous is not famous enough to be the only series with two characters. There will be more.

In fact, I'd say a lot. At least 6, maybe up to ten.
Even if his creators required two characters, there's no reason Sony would agree to that rather than offering characters people really want added. There is no single or multiple logical reason as to why this doesn't indicate more players.

Thread Recap (last 10 posts from newest to oldest)

Dec 07, 12 at 5:35am
Thigas

Let's stop this "ego" discussion .. rsrs.

Dec 05, 12 at 9:31am
NapoleonDos

quote Stodie
quote NapoleonDos
My point is completely disregarded here, that 'launch roster' does not mean 'entire character selection on the game device'
RIght, that would be a "complete roster", which won't be complete until Superbot stops producing DLC.

However, the "launch roster" is only the characters that come with the game when it is shipped out. Which it already has.

Kat and Emmet may be available as DLC, but they weren't included in the game to begin with, so they aren't part of the "launch roster", but rather the complete roster.

Why is this argument still going on? The game is out. All of this should be glaringly obvious by now.
The argument is still going on, I suspect, because we are both stubborn people, and now it is just a matter of principle. At no point was 'launch roster' determined to absolutely mean every character on the game at launch. As I stated initially, launch roster is the phrase used, and it could easily mean the characters available at the START of the game. Even if this has proven to so far be all of them, there was not a time a representative said this is 'everyone on the launch disk.' Gaming companies are notorious for trying to mislead hardcore fans with tricky wording like that, especially when translated. Let us not get this twisted, nor forget interpretation is all we have in the world.

Nov 28, 12 at 12:24pm
Spook

One of the Metal Gear units would be interesting, however, if there's to be another MGS character, I'd rather it be Ocelot or Volgin. Large, sluggish characters in fighting games have never appealed to me. Don't care how much heat they're packing.

MGS seem like they would fall into the above category.

Nov 28, 12 at 8:24am
bankaiboi

i would like to see a playable metal gear ray or rex unit or vergil maybe even yoshimitsu

Nov 24, 12 at 1:50pm
Stodie

quote NapoleonDos
My point is completely disregarded here, that 'launch roster' does not mean 'entire character selection on the game device'
RIght, that would be a "complete roster", which won't be complete until Superbot stops producing DLC.

However, the "launch roster" is only the characters that come with the game when it is shipped out. Which it already has.

Kat and Emmet may be available as DLC, but they weren't included in the game to begin with, so they aren't part of the "launch roster", but rather the complete roster.

Why is this argument still going on? The game is out. All of this should be glaringly obvious by now.

Nov 24, 12 at 10:59am
NapoleonDos

quote nnnddd101010
NapoleonDos
quote nnnddd101010
They already said that 20 is all there is going to be in the game. Any other characters would be as DLC.
Selective reading much?
Is this a jab at me? if so----
Is this supposed to be ironic on your end? My point is completely disregarded here, that 'launch roster' does not mean 'entire character selection on the game device'

The fact that we were already given two free dlc characters seems to prove to me that they were either already on the game disc, or that they know the audience wont be happy without some more easily available content.
Launch roster doesnt mean 'everything available at launch,' just 'everything youre supposed to think is available at launch.'

But I said this earlier, so if you ignored it then I have less hope for now.

Nov 22, 12 at 5:01am
Thigas

quote NapoleonDos
There is no single or multiple logical reason as to why this doesn't indicate more players.
You probably are 99% right, .. Odds on Dante ..

Nov 11, 12 at 1:22pm
nnnddd101010

NapoleonDos
quote nnnddd101010
They already said that 20 is all there is going to be in the game. Any other characters would be as DLC.
Selective reading much?

Nov 11, 12 at 7:59am
NapoleonDos

quote nnnddd101010
No... they said that was the launch roster.
Words can be funny things, and how so do we love to misdirect with them.

Nov 06, 12 at 10:27pm
nnnddd101010