Thread titleFromLast replied
Now searching...
Neoseeker Forums » » » » Super Smash Bros. 3DS/Wii U » Maximum Character Cap in Super Smash Bros. 4 » Post Reply

Note to Guests: For the enjoyment of other visitors, and to help keep this forum tidy and working smoothly, please make sure you search the forum before posting your question.
REPLY TO A THREAD
Name:* Members, please LOGIN before posting
Email: We use this to display your Gravatar

Sign in with
Subject:*

HTML is not allowed
markup is allowed

Help with markup tags

Enabling Buttons in IE7

Smilies:
  ·all smilies here
:) :P ;) :( :| ;( :D :confused: :cool: :# :o ^_^ :colored: :thick:
Community Badges

Join to get access to all the badges!

Animal Crossing Donkey Kong Earthbound Fire Emblem F Zero Game and Watch Ice Climber Kid Icarus Kirby Mario Megaman Metal Gear Metroid Pikmin Pokemon ROB Sonic Starfox Warioware Wii Fit Yoshi Legend of Zelda Bowser Captain Falcon Charizard King Dedede Diddy Kong Donkey Kong Doctor Mario Falco Fox Ganondorf Game and Watch Ice Climbers Ike Ivysaur Jigglypuff Kirby Link Lucario Lucas Luigi Mario Marth Meta Knight Mewtwo Ness Olimar Peach Pichu Pikachu Pit Pokemon Trainer ROB Roy Samus Sheik Snake Sonic Squirtle Smash Bros Toon Link Wario Wolf Yoshi Young Link Zelda Zero Suit Samus

hideOriginal Post

Nov 05, 12 at 1:46amNeo Power

Looking back, the first Smash Bros. had 14 characters in it. Melee had 20-something characters. Brawl had 35 or so. So how many characters do you think will feature in SSB4? Personally, I'd like as many characters as the engine developing the game can accommodate. Meaning if that's so, some 100 characters could feature in the next game! but that's wishful thinking, since there are some other factors to consider, like the stages, story mode and other content. So I believe around 75 characters may feature in the next game. I'm going to list as many as I possibly can, and repliers can do similar as well. The cast can include 3rd-parties as well (Stupid character idea alert...). So, here we go...
1. Mario
2. Luigi
3. Peach
4. Bowser
5. Bowser Jr.
6. Dry Bowser
7. Link
8. Zelda
9. Ganondorf
10. Toon Link
11. Midna
12. Donkey Kong
13. Diddy Kong
14. Dixie Kong
15. Wario
16. Young Cricket
17. Dr. Crygor
18. Yoshi
19. Shy Guy
20. Ice Climbers
21. Piers
22. Pit
23. Kirby
24. Meta Knight
25. King Dedede
26. Bio Spark
27. Samus
28. Zero Suit Samus
29. Rundas
30. Olimar
31. Pikachu
32. Pichu
33. Lucario
34. Pokémon Trainer (With Squirtle, Ivysaur & Charizard)
35. Jigglypuff
36. Mewtwo
37. Infernape
38. Darkrai
39. Dragonite
40. Ness
41. Lucas
42. Paula
43. Poo
44. Captain Falcon
45. Fox
46. Falco
47. Wolf
48. Krystal
49. Marth
50. Ike
51. Sothe
52. Micaiah
53. Hector
54. Ephraim
55. Isaac
56. Felix
57. Jenna
58. Sheba
59. Agatio
60. Mr. Game & Watch
61. Dr. Mario
62. Dewott
63. R.O.B.
64. Roy
65. Sonic
66. Tails
67. Snake
68. Albert Wesker
69. Saki
70. Marche
71. Ritz
72. Carver
73. Kurthnaga
74. Plusle & Minun
75. Tabuu

That's all, folks! What're your ideas?

Thread Recap (last 10 posts from newest to oldest)

Dec 03, 12 at 2:33pm
Gotenks

Yeah, having Bowser throw the hammers as a move would be pretty nice to have.

Dec 03, 12 at 1:04pm
AgatioGanon

^ I love that idea, they should replace that body slam thing with it!

Dec 03, 12 at 12:54pm
BlueLore

quote GaTheZakk
What about Hammer Mario?

Thats my favorite powerup!

Even ifs its a item like the Metal Box, I'd be cool with that.
throwing a hammer would actually be a cool move for bowser,since he used this in several games,even in one of the more recent ones.

Dec 03, 12 at 12:25pm
AgatioGanon

What about Hammer Mario?

Thats my favorite powerup!

Even ifs its a item like the Metal Box, I'd be cool with that.

Dec 03, 12 at 4:01am
RegalBryant

quote Neo Power
Why must a mask, who was THE real villain, not Skull Kid, appear as a constant part of the character, when it could at least be an Assist Trophy?

Ever gauged his importance in the Zelda universe against the importance of other Zelda villains?
Because it was the real villain. The whole point of using Skull Kid would be to use his Majora's Mask version, i. e. the important one.

Yeah. I have. The verdict was that Skull Kid's about the 3rd most important. Almost all the other villains are around once.

Dec 03, 12 at 1:15am
Neo Power

quote RegalBryant
No, Skull Kid needs to have the Majora's Mask on the entire time. Final Smash would be flinging the moon down on everyone.
Before that happens, allow me to ask a major question...
Is the mask a constant part of him? That'll be like demanding Mario has F.L.U.D.D. on all the time, or Peach should carry her parasol for an entire match, or Yoshi should have an infinite amount of eggs trailing him, or Wario should ride his bike around all the time... things like that. Exclusion of a rumored 3DS sequel and the fact that it appeared in Animal Crossing City Folk, Majora's Mask appeared in one game and that was the N64 one. Not anyone's idea of "classic", since it's usually series yet to be represented in Smash Bros. Then there's the comparison to bad guys who appeared more often, like Vaati, and more current and popular ones, like Ghirahim and Demise. Why must a mask, who was THE real villain, not Skull Kid, appear as a constant part of the character, when it could at least be an Assist Trophy?

Not that the mask or Skull Kid could ever make appearances in Smash Bros. as playable characters, however. Ever gauged his importance in the Zelda universe against the importance of other Zelda villains?

And the Final Smash idea is way too impractical. Perhaps a moon would appear, but it'll be suspended way up in space, and it'll occasionally "cry" solid moon tears that target random foes. The moon could also roar at times, pushing other foes offbalance.

Dec 02, 12 at 8:46am
Thrawn

Looks like we are kind of stuck here. I like your idea Quixotc about the Rocket Nozzle, but yeah the up punch is already awesome.

Dec 02, 12 at 7:43am
Quixotic

Replace his up special with the Rocket Nozzle. But the Super Jump Punch is awesome too... D:

Dec 02, 12 at 7:39am
Thrawn

Well Also think he should have something from Super Mario Sunshine because it's such a great game.

Dec 02, 12 at 7:36am
RegalBryant

Just get rid of FLUDD. Or make it do something more useful.