Thread titleFromLast replied
Now searching...
Neoseeker Forums » » » » Football Manager 2013 » FM13 Therapy Couch » Post Reply

REPLY TO A THREAD
Name:* Members, please LOGIN before posting
Email: We use this to display your Gravatar

Sign in with
Subject:*

HTML is not allowed
markup is allowed

Help with markup tags

Enabling Buttons in IE7

Smilies:
  ·all smilies here
:) :P ;) :( :| ;( :D :confused: :cool: :# :o ^_^ :colored: :thick:
Community Badges

Join to get access to all the badges!

AS Roma Brisbane Roar Australia MK Dons Elgin City Hibernian FC Barcelona Real Madrid Hellas Verona Lazio Liverpool FC Fluminense Some United Bloke Atalanta Bologna Partick Thistle Palermo Parma Napoli Torino Bromley AFC Bournemouth Arsenal Aston Villa Barnsley Birmingham Blackburn Rovers Blackpool Bolton Wanderers Bradford Brentford Burnley Cardiff City Charlton Athletic Chelsea Chesterfield Crewe Crystal Palace Derby County Everton Exeter Fulham Grimsby Hull City Ipswich Leeds United Leicester City Luton Town Manchester City Manchester United Middlesbrough FC Millwall Newcastle United Norwich Nottingham Forest Peterborough Portsmouth QPR Reading Rotherham United Sheffield United Sheffield Wednesday Southampton Southend United Stevenage Stoke City Swansea Tottenham Tranmere Rovers Watford West Bromwich Albion West Ham Wigan Wolves England FC United of Manchester Olympiakos Milan Fiorentina Leighton Baines 3 Leighton Baines Leighton Baines 2 Borussia Dortmund Cagliari Catania Aberdeen Celtic Chester Verona Genoa Heart of Midlothian Casillas Inter Juventus Siena Lyon Pescara Rangers Real Salt Lake Rugby Town Sunderland AFC Sampdoria Totti 1 Totti 2 Udinese Van Der Vaart
Note to Guests: For the enjoyment of other visitors, and to help keep this forum tidy and working smoothly, please make sure you search the forum before posting your question.

hideOriginal Post

Nov 04, 12 at 6:23pmStu

Since everyone is getting MAD about the match engine, use this thread to vent your anger at all parts of the game.

Cos of course, it's never our fault...

Thread Recap (last 10 posts from newest to oldest)

Dec 09, 13 at 2:39pm
Rodsterino

This has spoiled the franchise for me, FAR TO HARD. Note to developers: GAMES ARE MEANT TO BE FUN! We shouldn't need to see a shrink about the damn thing.

Oct 29, 13 at 1:13am
skorpio

Need to have a bloody rage moment. Severely pissed off.
So last season went on a great run in my first season of top croatian division after just being promoted casually. Finished 2nd, was neck and neck with Dinamo entire season, gave them their only two losses, then down towards the end of the season, BOOM lost all my form and players just didn't turn up, my striker who was 5 goals clear of leading goal scorer just wouldn't score and ended up losing by being level but having more played so finishing 2nd rather than first despite better rating and many more assists.
Notched a goal of the season too. However I quick 3 points behind Dinamo turned into a 15 point difference between us in a matter of around 7 matches..

Cue new season, things looking okay, smash Dinamo Moscow in a qualifying champions league position 5-1. Get two nice decent First Division wins. Main striker still nowhere to be seen. Cue a 7 match losing streak including a 4-0 pounding against Ajax. Did beat them 2-1 in the return though. 5-0 win in croatian cup, bit of a confidence boost, Nil all draw in first Euro Cup match, missed two open goals and had plenty of opportunities to seal it home, Dragged out a first division win and a win against Dinamo in the Croatian Cup thanks to them having not a full strength team And then cue a shoddy draw against newly promoted Zadar and a brutal 3-0 beating against Newcastle.
I just don't know what to do, my title winning and 2nd place tactics won't work, I've tried mixing it up with different tactics and style players and zilch. Tried letting my players sort themselves out. Was brutal to them, they got motivated at the end of matches but nothing to show improved performance later on. Was lenient with them and same story.
I just don't know what to do or what the hell is wrong with my beloved team...
7th in the first division and already 12 points behind Dinamo. So there goes my title hopes I guess as they're on form and look unlikely to drop it. So now rather than a comfortable second again I'll be battling it out.

Anybody have some ideas? Tips? Help? I really like the team I've built up so far over the 3 seasons and want to stick with them but the frustration of their lack of ability at the moment is really making it hard to motivate myself to push through and play. I'd be okay with it if I wasn't expecting much of them but 7th is not good enough and these pounding by teams we can easily contest is ruining me.

my full backs just can't find form and are constantly screwing up and hitting consistent 5 match ratings or low 6s but if I play with 3 centre backs, as I don't have any real natural wingers I just get hurt on the wings too bad.

Aug 25, 13 at 11:02am
IcarusAbides

quote D3structor
My Sunderland side have gone from beating Hamburg 7-3 and Zenit 4-1 in pre season to getting smashed 8-2 by Villa, pisstake especially as I spent an hour developing the tactic.

Friendlies are never that indicative of how well you'll do in actual competitive matches, some of my best seasons have come after terrible pre-seasons

What's your tactic look like btw? And how familiar are your players with it

Aug 25, 13 at 9:36am
D3structor

My Sunderland side have gone from beating Hamburg 7-3 and Zenit 4-1 in pre season to getting smashed 8-2 by Villa, pisstake especially as I spent an hour developing the tactic.

Jul 30, 13 at 11:52pm
Parmar1993

I would have suggested moving the right sided FB to Support and the right sided winger to attack. Also moving he CM (a) to AP (a).

Jul 30, 13 at 8:20pm
D3structor

ArwelT a slightly adapted formation, and yeah, I was quite lucky there, I have a run of easy games to test the tactic out on

Jul 30, 13 at 8:19pm
ArwelT

quote D3structor
ArwelT The tactic has definitely worked

Yay

Shat myself when ET kicked off and they hit the post twice in a minute

Haha, is it an entirely new formation or the same one? Don't expect immediate results btw, it might take like 10 or so games to get used to it.

Jul 30, 13 at 8:13pm
D3structor

ArwelT The tactic has definitely worked

Yay

Shat myself when ET kicked off and they hit the post twice in a minute

Jul 30, 13 at 7:58pm
ArwelT

No problem. It's what the forum's here for.

Jul 30, 13 at 7:50pm
D3structor

Thanks for the advice ArwelT, I am in the process of making a new away tactic