Thread titleFromLast replied
Now searching...
Neoseeker Forums » » » PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale » NEWS! CHARACTER AND ARENA DLC CONFIRMED for All Stars!! » Post Reply

Note to Guests: For the enjoyment of other visitors, and to help keep this forum tidy and working smoothly, please make sure you search the forum before posting your question.
REPLY TO A THREAD
Name:* Members, please LOGIN before posting
Email: We use this to display your Gravatar

Sign in with
Subject:*

HTML is not allowed
markup is allowed

Help with markup tags

Enabling Buttons in IE7

Smilies:
  ·all smilies here
:) :P ;) :( :| ;( :D :confused: :cool: :# :o ^_^ :colored: :thick:

hideOriginal Post

Nov 02, 12 at 9:34amPokemonLeader96

You guys know that during this week a big gaming event is being held up in France, called Paris Games Week right?
Well Daniel Maniago, Superbot's Community Manager, has shared some details about PSASBR during an interview.

Link of original Interview (in French):

Here is the full Interview. And since I know French, I translated for you guyes

Hi Daniel, can you tell us your role among Superbot?
Hi! I'm Daniel Maniango, Superbot's Community Manager.
How did you get this idea to regroup all of Playstation's characters in one game?
We wanted to regroup as many iconic heroes as possible in one game, and we chose the best to make a fighting game.
How did you balance the characters? Because some has superpowers and others don't.
We wanted to include as many combat styles as possible so players can have a wide variety of choices, even if it is Sackboy, a rather friendly character, or a serious one such as Kratos or Nathan Drake. I think that game's charm comes from the fact that you can have Parappa fighting against Fat Princess or Kratos against Sackboy.
Which character is your favorite in this game?
Raiden from MG: Rising. I love how he he moves exactly as he does in the new Metal Gear game. I like using him, he's a very cool character!
Which one, in your opinion, represents the true Playstation spirit?
Definitely Parappa the Rapper. I'm a fan, I've grown up with him and when the game came out, It was really a revolution! The game wasn't the longest or the hardest but it was special with a touch of creativity for the first Playstation console.
Will there be character and Arena DLC?
Yes. New characters and arenas will be availbale through DLC.

Any tips for the players?
Sure. You know, each character has so many moves, and my advice is that you should focus on one character that you like, and try to focus on a couple of moves so you can easily beat your friends.
My second tip is that you should choose the character that you feel the most comfortable with during combat so you can be confident. We did our best to make each character be as close as possible to what he actually is in his own game.
I've got some more questions, ready?
Yes!
Which was your first Playstation memory?
Tekken 2. It was my favorite fighting game for a long time.
Nathan Drake or Lara Croft?
Can't decide! I like both!
FPS or TPS ?
TPS.
Solo or Multi ?
Definitely Multiplayer! That's the goal of PSASBR, playing with friends on PS3 and Vita, social experience and sharing.
Black, White, Silver or Red PS3?
Black! It was even redesigned lately!
COD or GTA?
GTA! I like the open world aspect of the game.
Thank you Daniel for this Interview!
You're welcome!
Agent Mo
JacqueseVonRIP
Metallica
nnnddd101010
Slash
Sprout
Sakuraba Neku
Mrblikey
flyingfish27

Edit: I spent 15 minutes translating e_e

Thread Recap (last 10 posts from newest to oldest)

Nov 05, 12 at 12:44pm
JacqueseVonRIP

quote Sakuraba Neku
Activision owns both Crash and Spyro, so I wouldn't be surprised if the only way that Superbot would even be allowed to use those characters would be to sell them as DLC.
I didn't know that. I knew that the rights to both series changed hands, but I didn't know they were both owned by the same group. I guess it is the perfect opportunity to make them sell as DLC.

quote NapoleonDos
Better deal! I'd rather pay 5 dollars for Crash and Spyro (the obvious pairing... and the most obviously beloved and missed characters on nearly any forum) than 5 each---- a few times over. I know I'll end up getting all the add-ons anyway, to compete in this game competitively, and I don't like wasting money buying it all solo just for a complete pack five months later.

If they do solo submission, it better include new stages, at least two skins, and one more thing--- either an occasional new item or new expansion of some sort.

BTW- why are skins so pricey? It is 2012, they take five seconds. If you want to argue about characters adding nothing to a fighting game,
I was think more along the lines of what LBP does (in the case of costumes) - buy stuff individually, or else buy a lot of stuff together for a slightly reduced price.

The reason skins are pricey is because people will buy them, I guess. Easy money I suppose.

Nov 05, 12 at 8:19am
NapoleonDos

I've a lot to express on the matter, but of course.
These characters are indeed all new era- the ones new console owners would know most readily.
The people with money who will spend it on this are 1- kids parents (a big one) and 2- nostalgic older lads.

Both will see most revenue from older characters- kids will want the cartoony, classic, cheap new expansions because they can.
Mature crowds (or twenties... I turned 23 and now I think I'm an adult?) will likely get every game character they loved. Crash and Spryo man! And I'm hopin for a few more... Lara to be specific.

But it isnt Nintendo- I'm sure there is a LOT unannounced. They service fans well. They hide secrets well. They cater to our needs. And the lineup is the starting roster, which could mean hidden, secret, DLC---- you name it.

quote Sakuraba Neku
You cannot win by button mashing in SSB or All stars.
Well-- you can, just not frequently. There is a reason Fighting Genres have some of the most extremely dedicated professional gamers

quote JacqueseVonRIP
Each character is sold individually. I would hate if they sold the characters in 2s or 3s, because you might have to pay for 2 or 3 characters when you might only play as one of the characters.
Better deal! I'd rather pay 5 dollars for Crash and Spyro (the obvious pairing... and the most obviously beloved and missed characters on nearly any forum) than 5 each---- a few times over. I know I'll end up getting all the add-ons anyway, to compete in this game competitively, and I don't like wasting money buying it all solo just for a complete pack five months later.

If they do solo submission, it better include new stages, at least two skins, and one more thing--- either an occasional new item or new expansion of some sort.

BTW- why are skins so pricey? It is 2012, they take five seconds. If you want to argue about characters adding nothing to a fighting game,

Nov 04, 12 at 1:28pm
Sakuraba Neku

quote Pokemon Leader
quote Sprout
quote Sakuraba Neku
You clearly don't understand fighting games if you don't see how much a character adds to the game.
Another character? What is there to understand?
But yes, I generally don't enjoy fighting games. The only ones I've liked are Tekken (lost interest a few years ago) and Super Smash Bros (enjoyed when I was a kid). Also, I played the beta of this and thought it was pretty good. I was never interested in getting to know 1 character really well and learning the proper moves. Fighting games to me are just button mashers, you get a few mates round and go mental on the controller.
Or any fighting game when you are playing someone that actually knows how to play.

quote JacqueseVonRIP
It wouldn't surprise me if well known characters like Crash and Spyro were saved for priced DLC.
Activision owns both Crash and Spyro, so I wouldn't be surprised if the only way that Superbot would even be allowed to use those characters would be to sell them as DLC.

Nov 04, 12 at 12:41pm
PokemonLeader96

Or they could give you the option to buy all of them in a Pack or each one individually.

Nov 04, 12 at 12:26pm
JacqueseVonRIP

The only thing that would annoy me about this is if SuperBot save all the characters I would actually enjoy playing as DLC. As it stands, I'm only looking forward to playing 3 of the characters. It wouldn't surprise me if well known characters like Crash and Spyro were saved for priced DLC. I just hope that a lot of the DLC characters don't end up being the classics I love. Makes sense they'd start with all the modern characters first though, since younger gamers may not recognise older characters.

I also hope that when they do sell new characters on the store that:
1) The pricing isn't a complete rip-off
2) Each character is sold individually. I would hate if they sold the characters in 2s or 3s, because you might have to pay for 2 or 3 characters when you might only play as one of the characters.

Nov 04, 12 at 12:21pm
PokemonLeader96

quote Sprout
quote Sakuraba Neku
You clearly don't understand fighting games if you don't see how much a character adds to the game.
But yes, I generally don't enjoy fighting games. The only ones I've liked are Tekken (lost interest a few years ago) and Super Smash Bros (enjoyed when I was a kid). Also, I played the beta of this and thought it was pretty good. I was never interested in getting to know 1 character really well and learning the proper moves. Fighting games to me are just button mashers, you get a few mates round and go mental on the controller.

Nov 04, 12 at 3:39am
Sprout

quote Sakuraba Neku

Nov 04, 12 at 2:48am
PokemonLeader96

Charlie I thought I did. I just copied the list you used for the General Discussion thread and added Slash xD

Oh well, sorry x)

Nov 04, 12 at 1:16am
Charlie

I love how you didn't notify me Pokemon Leader.

But yeahhhh this was pretty obvious anyways, and most of knew this was going to happen. I read somewhere that it could of been possible that they were going to hide the info about new characters and surprise us at release, Info would of been leaked about that so eh.

They missed a whole bunch of characters, so again this is obvious. They pretty much put in most of the new characters and now maybe more old characters are going to come in. They still do need some new characters though, and maybe some new third party characters. This game definitely was going to have DLC, and I don't see this being the first/only All-Stars game. Also they didn't put all the characters, maybe they forgot and are like "hey we should put this in as DLC". Yeah they can leave out some characters just to make money, but that's what they do for every game. Hey some DLC isn't that much, and If you love the game it shouldn't be much of a hassle. Some DLC is worth it for games, LIKE THIS ONE. Some DLC definitely isn't worth the money they put it out for like Call of Duty map packs.

But yeah it's your loss if you don't want to pay for the DLC/new characters nobody is stopping you lol. Gaming companies have deadlines for when games have to be out/done so sometimes DLC is the best thing to do, and yes sometimes they do want more money not much of a big deal if the DLC is worth it. If I like the game I'll get it, no biggie. More characters = more time, so we would of had to wait longer. I wouldn't mind waiting longer, but I also don't mind paying for DLC. People act like making games is easy and all, they have deadlines too yaknow. I'd get all the characters even if I never played the game they're from/don't like them, just because I will love this game and I want to have/try out every character.

Some people can't afford getting all the DLC and stuff, but that shouldn't ruin it for the people that can. Sad but true.

Nov 03, 12 at 4:52pm
PokemonLeader96

quote Sakuraba Neku
This.