Thread titleFromLast replied
Now searching...
Neoseeker Forums » » » » Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn » Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn alpha begins, character creation video released » Post Reply

Note to Guests: For the enjoyment of other visitors, and to help keep this forum tidy and working smoothly, please make sure you search the forum before posting your question.
REPLY TO A THREAD
Name:* Members, please LOGIN before posting
Email: We use this to display your Gravatar

Sign in with
Subject:*

HTML is not allowed
markup is allowed

Help with markup tags

Enabling Buttons in IE7

Smilies:
  ·all smilies here
:) :P ;) :( :| ;( :D :confused: :cool: :# :o ^_^ :colored: :thick:
Community Badges

Join to get access to all the badges!

Echo Grass Moogle Moogle Phoenix Down

hideOriginal Post

Oct 30, 12 at 4:00pmbluexy

Thread Recap (last 10 posts from newest to oldest)

Dec 05, 12 at 7:17pm
Runninwiththewind

keep in mind. they also did the 2.0 "update" of the original. they spent an enormous amount of time creating a new graphics engine specifically for this game.. they are dedicated to change our minds about them. gotta give them a bit of credit there

Oct 31, 12 at 3:02pm
MegaBassMan

quote Sasuke45
I hope it's F2P when it comes out for PS3, I'm willing to shell out money.... but I really hope I don't have to.

MegaBassMan you will be playing this with me when it comes out, cause you do need more games xD
This will be one of them.
I may. But when I go to college, I'm probably going to transition to PC gaming > PS3 gaming.

Oct 31, 12 at 9:28am
kik36

I remember fishing for my Lu Shang rod in FFXI for Months......I'm really hoping they bring another challenge like that back. If they do, I'm rightly screwed....but in a good way.

Oct 31, 12 at 7:07am
lalaprola

http://entry.ffxiv.com/alpha/index_na.html

no idea if they are still recruiting people for alpha testing but there is link, can't do coz i dont meet the system requirements

Oct 30, 12 at 9:12pm
seco

They did restructure the team, but it was not until October 14, 2011 that they announced to make A Realm Reborn. I remember because I was playing at the time and the update showed on their Lodestone website that day.

Development may have come slightly sooner than the announcement though... The road map they released suggests as early as June 2011.

http://gdl.square-enix.com/ffxiv/download/en/FFXIV_2.0_Roadmap_EN.pdf

Oct 30, 12 at 8:54pm
bluexy

seco Considering less than two months after the game's release the lead producer resigned and the development team was restructured, I'd say they've at least been working on what would become Realm Reborn since then.

And yeah, pretty clearly this is the PC interface, as the PS3 version is still closely under wraps -- only a few screenshots out so far. It's definitely, however, heavily influenced by console design fundamentals. That's good! FF14 needs all the extra intuitive design it can get.

Oct 30, 12 at 8:38pm
seco

Actually they only began development for this about a year ago. It's not only big changes, it is a complete remake of the game from the ground up. Everything you'll see in this new game was developed after FFXIV's original release. If you consider this, then they've done a whole lot in just one year. SE is pulling out all the stops for this game. They say they have a team of around 300. They took developers from the FFXIII-Versus team and probably some other games to get this game out.

Also, there is a separate PS3 interface. The above screenshot shows the PC interface.

The first month will be free for those of you who obtained a copy of 1.0, so make sure you try it out.

Oct 30, 12 at 5:56pm
Sasuke45

I hope it's F2P when it comes out for PS3, I'm willing to shell out money.... but I really hope I don't have to.

MegaBassMan you will be playing this with me when it comes out, cause you do need more games xD
This will be one of them.

Oct 30, 12 at 5:46pm
bluexy

Shadow of Death Yeah, it came out a bit over two years ago and they've been planning/working on the overhaul for the majority of that.

Oct 30, 12 at 5:19pm
Shadow of Death

Wouldn't mind trying this if it was F2P.

But seriously, their overhaul of the game has taken ages hasn't it? Wasn't it over a year ago that they started working at making big changes?