Thread titleFromLast replied
Now searching...
Neoseeker Forums » » Hardware, Builds and Overclocking » MSI P67A-GD55 (B3) BIOS Beep Codes » Post Reply

REPLY TO A THREAD
Name:* Members, please LOGIN before posting
Email: We use this to display your Gravatar

Sign in with
Subject:*

HTML is not allowed
markup is allowed

Help with markup tags

Enabling Buttons in IE7

Smilies:
  ·all smilies here
:) :P ;) :( :| ;( :D :confused: :cool: :# :o ^_^ :colored: :thick:
Note to Guests: Advertising of any kind is not allowed in these forums!If you fix your problem on your own, please post a message describing how you fixed the issue so that others with a similar problem can use your method to fix their issue.

hideOriginal Post

Oct 28, 12 at 2:06pmhiigaran

well in preparation for the video card that should arrive sometime this week, i have put together my hardware again in a cheap case. what i have now that i didnt have before was a speaker connected to the motherboard. now i need to figure out what the code means...

the beep is in two parts. the first part is three beeps, where the first two beeps sound the same, and the third one is higher pitched. the second part is another five beeps, but they are all the same, and have a slightly longer beep duration

another way i could try to put it:

. = short beep
' = short, higher pitched beep
- = long beep

so it goes:

. . , - - - - -

anyone know what it means, or where i can find a list of what these beeps mean?

Thread Recap (last 10 posts from newest to oldest)

Nov 30, 12 at 6:17am
gatotfirmansyah

I have the same problem with you, have you been able to fix it?

Oct 29, 12 at 5:09pm
hiigaran

despite everything seemingly working correctly, im still getting a beep code. ill have to remind myself to remember the sequence.

meh, probably something like i dont have anything plugged in to the cpu fan header...which i dont.

also, im going to have to find a 4 amp potentiometer, and wire it up to my main fan. i dont think my motherboard will survive the current draw of it on any of its headers.

Oct 28, 12 at 3:14pm
hiigaran

well i do know that when my video card died, there was nothing on the monitor. i suppose it is possible for a bad CPU to cut the display, correct?

Oct 28, 12 at 3:07pm
harbin

TBH I'm not sure if the higher pitch signals a dividing beep or something to split it into two. Most boards don't really work with beep codes anymore... they just give you a nice hexadecimal code to type in instead. Only problem is if your board doesn't have onboard video, they ain't a way in hell to read it without a card.

I suppose you could wait until you get your new card and see if it'll boot.

Oct 28, 12 at 3:03pm
hiigaran

damn, i was hoping there was another list. i read that same post about five minutes ago. it is definitely an AMI BIOS, but heres where im shitting myself...while the 8 beeps could indicate a video card issue (im guessing this extends to video card not present), if i think of the last five beeps...it doesnt spell anything but disaster for me. i really hope i dont have to replace the CPU, or im going to be...well, in the same position i have been for the last 6 months, for another 6 months.

Oct 28, 12 at 2:52pm
harbin

Hiigaran Beep codes from MSI's website likewise from another MSI forum post.

Can't be sure but the only one I can find related to yours is the 8 beeps = Display memory read/write failure - bad video card or memory under the AMI BIOS list.

Oct 28, 12 at 2:06pm
hiigaran

well in preparation for the video card that should arrive sometime this week, i have put together my hardware again in a cheap case. what i have now that i didnt have before was a speaker connected to the motherboard. now i need to figure out what the code means...

the beep is in two parts. the first part is three beeps, where the first two beeps sound the same, and the third one is higher pitched. the second part is another five beeps, but they are all the same, and have a slightly longer beep duration

another way i could try to put it:

. = short beep
' = short, higher pitched beep
- = long beep

so it goes:

. . , - - - - -

anyone know what it means, or where i can find a list of what these beeps mean?