Thread titleFromLast replied
Now searching...
Neoseeker Forums » » » » Borderlands 2 » If you could only choose 3 badass skills to upgrade? » Post Reply

Note to Guests: If you are here to request a trade or duplicates please go to the Borderlands 2 Trading Subforum instead, thank you.
REPLY TO A THREAD
Name:* Members, please LOGIN before posting
Email: We use this to display your Gravatar

Sign in with
Subject:*

HTML is not allowed
markup is allowed

Help with markup tags

Enabling Buttons in IE7

Smilies:
  ·all smilies here
:) :P ;) :( :| ;( :D :confused: :cool: :# :o ^_^ :colored: :thick:
Community Badges

Join to get access to all the badges!

Angel_BL1 Brick_BL1 Claptrap_CL4P-TP Lilith_BL1 Moxxi_BL1 Ned_BL1

hideOriginal Post

Oct 28, 12 at 12:20pmMLongfellowDeeds

I was thinking about this the other day...if you could only choose three badass skills to put all of your points into, which three skills would you choose and why? Keep in mind that if you were to put all of your points into 3 skills then you could have up to 30+% for each one if spread out evenly.

Here is the list of badass skills:

• Critical Hit Damage
  • Elemental Effect Chance
  • Elemental Effect Damage
  • Fire Rate
  • Grenade Damage
  • Gun Accuracy
  • Gun Damage
  • Maximum Health
  • Melee Damage
  • Recoil Reduction
  • Reload Speed
  • Shield Capacity
  • Shield Recharge Delay
  • Shield Recharge Rate

I would probably choose:

-Shield Recharge Delay (The less time you have to wait for your shield to recharge the better...once enemies knock your shield down and start picking away at your health you are in big trouble!)
-Reload Speed (Especially for launchers...but the less time you are reloading and the more time you are shooting = the better)
-Critical Hit Damage (My Zer0 is all about the critical hits...so a 25% bonus on top of all of my skills and mods?? Sign me up!)

Elemental Effect Chance might be my 4th choice...later in the game elemental weapons are a must so having snipers for example that have an elemental effect 2 out of every 3 shots is huge.

Thread Recap (last 10 posts from newest to oldest)

Nov 16, 12 at 2:15pm
Bob007

Maximum health
Shield Capacity
Critical Damage

Hehehe I'm reloading my game, till I have at least 2 out of the 3 badass points

Nov 10, 12 at 5:43pm
Rayxanber

It depends which of my 50's I have at the time... Can I pick a set for each? xD

For my meat shield Salvador: Max Health, Reload Speed (I love Torgue shottys/rifles on him, but reloading them hurts, especially in Gunzerking when it feels like such a waste of time), and Gun Damage.

For my Axton, who is a Turret Nuker/Grenadier: Grenade Damage, Gun Damage, Elemental Effect Damage, because he ALWAYS has an elemental grenade out, and if I happen to run out, I fall back on elemental SMGs.

Nov 08, 12 at 1:48am
Rensonius

By me deleting mmy profile data i choose to do it differently.
Since you only get a small extra percentage of what you choose I put those in the things with the highest rating.

For example a small percentage on recoil reduction is nothing in comparison to the boost you get on 2000 hp with a small percentage.

So I choose things like gun damage, melee damage, max health and shield capacity.

Oct 29, 12 at 8:46pm
WilsonGoesRAWR

Health, Shield Capacity, Shield Recharge Delay

In my opinion, the 3 most important in late game, especially since everyone nowadays use the Bee with every weapon they have. Damage and Reload is irrelevant really since your skills can take care of that pretty good. No one really uses Grenades to damage, and elemental damage is so little, improving those make no sense.

Oct 28, 12 at 5:46pm
AznLiquid

Gun Damage
Critical Hit Damage
Shield Capacity

They're also the only 3 bonuses I have that are in the double digits. They benefit more character builds than any other bonus. Critical hit damage seems to stack on top of gun damage, so as long as you have decent aim, it's like a second damage bonus.

Oct 28, 12 at 5:39pm
Kommando

Gun damage, fire rate, and shield cap.

I originally planned to do that before I figured out that they make you spread points out.

Oct 28, 12 at 5:01pm
Solx

quote Ditnopota
Max Health, Max Shield Capacity, Gun Damage. Those are the three I always try upping when I can.
Same here, Live Longer and Kill Faster.

Oct 28, 12 at 3:35pm
Kratos

Gun Damage
Elemental Damage
Shield Recharge Delay/Fire Rate/CH Damage

I used to play a close quarters Siren, but after landing The Bee, I became a support Siren. I'm midrange most of the time and rarely get hit, so I'd prefer to bring up my damage. That makes the first two rather obvious.

The last one I couldn't really choose. SRD might allow me to do some more front lining. Fire Rate/CH Damage both means faster drop times, but Fire Rate would be more reliable for me, since I'm not the most accurate shot.

Oct 28, 12 at 2:49pm
Ditnopota

Max Health, Max Shield Capacity, Gun Damage. Those are the three I always try upping when I can.

Oct 28, 12 at 2:40pm
Shadow of Death

Critical Hit Damage - Nice to have in general.
Melee Damage - Mainly for when I'm playing as Zer0. Not all that valuable otherwise.
Gun Damage - The sooner you kill stuff, the better.

I wonder if Critical Hit damage stacks with bonus gun damage? IE: If the Gun Damage bonus is considered base damage, then the bonus critical hit damage would be even greater for it. Ditto with Melee + Critical Hit.

I avoid shield and elemental boosts because for one, The Bee is only good with 100% shield anyway, and has a very fast recharge rate (though the delay can vary).

Most characters focus on guns, so Gun Damage bonuses are rather good to have.

Critical Damage like I mentioned, is good overall.

Either way, so long as base damage bonuses are counted before critical damage, then the Critical Damage boost will be even greater because of it.