Thread titleFromLast replied
Now searching...
Neoseeker Forums » » » General Wii U » From the community: Rayman Legends and the Wii U in action » Post Reply

Note to Guests: For the enjoyment of other visitors, and to help keep this forum tidy and working smoothly, please make sure you search the forum before posting your question.
REPLY TO A THREAD
Name:* Members, please LOGIN before posting
Email: We use this to display your Gravatar

Sign in with
Subject:*

HTML is not allowed
markup is allowed

Help with markup tags

Enabling Buttons in IE7

Smilies:
  ·all smilies here
:) :P ;) :( :| ;( :D :confused: :cool: :# :o ^_^ :colored: :thick:

hideOriginal Post

Oct 26, 12 at 12:24pmRabidChinaGirl

From the community: Rayman Legends and the Wii U in action

Lydia Sung - Friday, October 26, 2012 12:24pm (PST) Like Share
"I would rather actually play the game rather it run by itself..."
 Image 1

Thread Recap (last 10 posts from newest to oldest)

Oct 28, 12 at 10:53pm
ashantiqua

Oh nintendo.

I hope they find another miyamoto... Not quite sure they can really hold it together by their lonesome

Oct 28, 12 at 9:41pm
VeGiTAX2

quote dtm6886
Maybe this website needs to hire professional journalists.
quote The Article itself
we called on our community to track down the console at their nearest retailer and show us some of their own experiences with the machine.

One community member, known to us as "Master," provided a video showing off some footage
Figured I'd just bold that to point out both of these statements were available in the opening of the article and clearly note that this video was shot by a community member. There's also the issue that we had a floating announcement running for a week at the top of every single forum on the site about this and you managed to miss it.

If you're going to rage out, at least attempt to make an actual case for yourself instead of just being a massive embarrassment. Maybe we need people that actually read the articles instead of making baseless assumptions and attack the staff.

Oct 27, 12 at 8:10pm
bbb7002004

Perhaps a bit of editorial addition to the story would be in order to indicate that this is a demo of a specific mode in the game, where one player controls an assist character while up to four others platform through the level. It's confirmed that the entire game can be played solo or multiplayer as the platforming characters.

Oct 27, 12 at 4:00pm
BlackLabel

Not liking how it plays itself, pretty much turns into a high budget version of Cut The Rope after a while. I hope the rest of the game doesn't do that a lot as I buy games to play them and not watch the computer play the game while i cut ropes and pull levers.

I'm also not liking how they appear to be shoehorning stuff into the game for the sake of the controller, I'm not a fan of that.. Overall the spinning wheel thing was possibly the best part of the video yet you could do that on a PlayStation 3 or any system with a gyroscopic controller. Not impressed so far..

Oct 27, 12 at 11:34am
RabidChinaGirl

dtm6868 Just to clarify, the one who wrote this article != the fellow in the video. The video was taken as part of a site-wide competition, as Dragoon noted, and we decided it'd be fun to give the participant/winner face time, as it were, for his efforts. Just a nod to our community.

Also, he didn't sound too biased to me? Seemed like he was just giving his opinion of the hands-off controls but ended up enjoying it anyway.

Oct 27, 12 at 9:46am
Dragoon

Or maybe you shouldn't base an opinion of an entire site from one article from one member who isn't even a journalist. It's part of a competition. Chill out plz. thx

Oct 27, 12 at 9:37am
dtm6886

They shouldn't post the article then.

Oct 27, 12 at 8:07am
LZ Schneider

In all fairness that guy was some random forum member.

Oct 27, 12 at 7:20am
dtm6886

Maybe this website needs to hire professional journalists. This guy is so biased and sarcastic when playing the game. If he would have done his job he would have known that this game plays this way single player part of the time and that this part was chosen to show off the game pad's features. Maybe if he focused on what he was shown in the demo he would have gotten more than 4 captured things. Be more professional neoseeker with your articles.

Oct 26, 12 at 12:24pm
RabidChinaGirl