Thread titleFromLast replied
Now searching...
Neoseeker Forums » » Gaming Lounge » Square Enix becomes Epic's first Unreal Engine 4 licensee » Post Reply

Note to Guests: For the enjoyment of other visitors, and to help keep this forum tidy and working smoothly, please make sure you search the forum before posting your question.
REPLY TO A THREAD
Name:* Members, please LOGIN before posting
Email: We use this to display your Gravatar

Sign in with
Subject:*

HTML is not allowed
markup is allowed

Help with markup tags

Enabling Buttons in IE7

Smilies:
  ·all smilies here
:) :P ;) :( :| ;( :D :confused: :cool: :# :o ^_^ :colored: :thick:

hideOriginal Post

Oct 23, 12 at 10:58amleochan

Thread Recap (last 10 posts from newest to oldest)

Oct 26, 12 at 12:32pm
AznLiquid

Darknet The Unreal Engines are always known for their flexibility. Makes sense for a company as big as Square Enix, with subsidiaries that make games across all genres to use UE4. Final Fantasy and their other RPGs will most likely use Luminous, but maybe that engine isn't tailored as well to make something like future Tomb Raider games.

Oct 25, 12 at 11:38pm
Jeremy

Future FF games are gonna look intense, I'm sure.

Oct 25, 12 at 7:58pm
Lukas

well of course - Square did make the PS1 and PS2 look graphically impressive with the Final Fantasy games. just hope they remember to program GAMES to go with them because some companies tend to forget to do that

but yeah... Kingdom Hearts 3 when?? oh right when you finish Final Fantasy Forever....

Oct 25, 12 at 6:18pm
Resilience

I just want them to finish the *bleep*ing kingdom hearts story. I'm very close to outgrowing it completely.

Oct 25, 12 at 4:31pm
Darknet

This makes no sense. Why develop your own engine when you're gonna use another?

I will admit, I think Square Enix has been the smartest company for the past couple of years. They've been putting in heavy investments in to the western market by owning Edios and Crystal Dynamics. But they still keep to their Japanese roots. Because, if I can be honest, the Japanese video game market is not what it use to be. You want me make a big profit then you need to break in to the Europe and US market in video games. It's probably one of the biggest reasons why RE has become so Western in it's style (as in more guns and action and less horror). But Square Enix has not altered their games to conform to a western market. They kept it the same and then made other games for the western market.

Oct 25, 12 at 3:28pm
LOD-squa

BlackScythe - It might mean that they have planned on using this on the next consoles that are planned.

Oct 23, 12 at 5:36pm
BlackScythe

Hmmm last I checked the latest unreal engine was too good to run on the next gen consoles.

Oct 23, 12 at 12:53pm
Gligar

Final Fantasy + Luminous Engine = EPIC

Oct 23, 12 at 10:58am
leochan