Thread titleFromLast replied
Now searching...
Neoseeker Forums » » » Anime » PSYCHO-PASS » Post Reply

Note to Guests: Enjoy yourself, and please read the rules for this forum~!
REPLY TO A THREAD
Name:* Members, please LOGIN before posting
Email: We use this to display your Gravatar

Sign in with
Subject:*

HTML is not allowed
markup is allowed

Help with markup tags

Enabling Buttons in IE7

Smilies:
  ·all smilies here
:) :P ;) :( :| ;( :D :confused: :cool: :# :o ^_^ :colored: :thick:

hideOriginal Post

Oct 12, 12 at 6:13pmluffyluffy

Studio: Production I.G.
Episodes: 22
quote MAL
The series takes place in the near future, when it is possible to instantaneously measure and quantify a person's state of mind and personality. This information is recorded and processed, and the term "Psycho-Pass" refers to a standard used to measure an individual's being. The story centers around the "enforcement officer" Shinya Kougami, who is tasked with managing crime in such a world.

Okay so, it's written by Urobochi, the word MOE has been condemned by it's staff, and the animation is delightfully juicy. With it's overly gratuitous violent, hypersexuality, and constantly-rainy-neon-lit-future-city, this appears to be channeling the cyberpunk genre of the 80's.

So basically, strap yourselves in, because this is either going to live up to it's pedigree as a noitaminA show or crash and burn spectacularly.

Thread Recap (last 10 posts from newest to oldest)

Sep 11, 14 at 12:18pm
luffyluffy

Allright so I was thinking about this show suddenly, and I realized I had no idea how Sybil worked. Just as a warning, there are heavy spoilers, don't open this until you've finished the show.

What do you guys think?

Sep 04, 14 at 4:14pm
Duncan Idaho

quote bluexy
quote Amy
I'm actually having a lot of trouble recalling what happened at halfway point in Psycho-Pass. I don't recall being pissed off, it was one of the series that I just binged and enjoyed XD.

Yar, I'm going episode by episode with time in between. Easier to hit hitches like this, I suppose. Or I'm just being too critical.
Oh my good friend you have no Idea in what kind of rollercoaster you have stepped on, the fun is really just starting.

Sep 04, 14 at 1:51pm
bluexy

quote Amy
I'm actually having a lot of trouble recalling what happened at halfway point in Psycho-Pass. I don't recall being pissed off, it was one of the series that I just binged and enjoyed XD.

Yar, I'm going episode by episode with time in between. Easier to hit hitches like this, I suppose. Or I'm just being too critical.

Sep 04, 14 at 1:39pm
Amy

Mastix You lucky duck D8<. Yee the OP/ED is pretty awesome.

Sep 04, 14 at 10:03am
bluexy

Yes, it was the razor blade episode in particular Mastix. It wasn't the *spoiler* itself, it was the characterizations of the hostage, the inspector, the other inspector, etc.

I enjoy the premise of the show, the Psycho-Pass and the computer-controlled world. I love the hologram and avatar-based internet and these social constructs in place like the "offline" manufacturing factory and the school intended to protect school girls' hues.

I hate that despite this really smart world, the main characters and many of the scenario support characters still boil down to tropey anime archetypes.

That's all I'll say. I don't want to make a political argument out of the show. The razor scene in particular was just awful. Guh. I feel almost obligated to see whether the show does any better afterwards though...

Sep 04, 14 at 6:41am
Duncan Idaho

quote bluexy
Just started watching this on Netflix. Does everything go crazy? I hope everything goes crazy.

Edit: Bleh. I just watched ep. 11 and I found it pretty piss-poor. A lot of my issues with anime wrapped up in a single episode. Dunno if I'll keep watching.
What are your problems with the series? Many of the thing are not explained until a bit latter tbh.

Sep 04, 14 at 6:03am
Mastix

quote bluexy
Just started watching this on Netflix. Does everything go crazy? I hope everything goes crazy.

Edit: Bleh. I just watched ep. 11 and I found it pretty piss-poor. A lot of my issues with anime wrapped up in a single episode. Dunno if I'll keep watching.
Really? What bothered you? Was that the climax of the first half with the razor to the throat? (remaining vague for spoiler purposes)

If you don't like the show after that episode, I suspect you won't like the series. You could probably stop watching if that's the case. Shame though. It's one of my favorite modern series.

Amy, I forgot you liked the OP/ED. I saw both in concert two weeks ago.

Sep 03, 14 at 11:56pm
bluexy

Aug 06, 14 at 8:39am
Ciel Phantomhive

I've only been in episode 2 but I'd agree with most people that the first one was sh*t and two was pretty good. This had me really interested (and it gives me time to kill waiting for Black Butler and all others. )

Jan 03, 14 at 3:44pm
Amy

Welp, I just pretty much watched all of it within 24 hours. I haven't felt the need to watch the next ep each time the ED song starts playing for a while. I couldn't even do that because they love to mix relevant scenes within its sequences. Very solid series. Spoilers ahoy! Read only when you finish this series please 8D.

9/10